Brotsky 16-Feb-22
Shug 16-Feb-22
Cazador 16-Feb-22
Shug 17-Feb-22
Gil 17-Feb-22
ryanrc 18-Feb-22
FrontierMulie 18-Feb-22
15-Feb-22
Anyone know any charters for a DIY bear hunt. This is a hunt I would love to do sometime with the right people and right price.

Thanks

15-Feb-22
Homer Ocean Charters is who you are looking for. There are some others, but if you gonna go just go with the best.

—jim

15-Feb-22
Not DIY, but I did a hunt with a great guide out of Juneau, Bud Rosenbruch with Southeast Alaskan Adventures (907-723-9457). He is a one man show but he will take you on his boat and does a great job finding big bears along the coasts of the inner passage. One of the best trips of my life. We dropped crab pots and ate fresh crab, saw glaciers, whales, sea lions, went fishing whenever we wanted, ate great, and had an awesome hunt. We all had multiple opportunities at good bears. I was bowhunting so I didn't tag out, but my buddy shot his with a rifle. I also shot a wolf (with a rifle). I took my 11yo son and it was an awesome experience for him even though he wasn't hunting. I think he is charging $4700 for the week for everything and can take 3-4 guys on the boat. Super honest and hard-working guy. I just booked another adventure with him this summer to take my family on basically the same trip minus the bear hunting; it was that cool that I wanted to take them back to experience it all. Good luck! Sean

15-Feb-22

pav's Link
The link is the thread from my 2019 boat based Alaska black bear hunt with Homer Ocean Charters. Highly recommend HOC!

15-Feb-22
We're headed to POW Island with Coffman Cove Adventures later this spring. They are a transporter, so they basically just provide equipment and you hunt on your own. You do need to draw for a tag on POW and the drawing deadline is in December every year.

Feel free to PM me later this summer and I can give more details on our hunt.

16-Feb-22
I am booked with Ninilchik Charters in May. We are going out of Whittier. Like others have said they are a transporter only so the bear hunting is DIY. They will guide for fishing. In the Prince William Sound the tags are over the counter. I have heard only good reviews with them. Check out video posted by HuntinFool recently on youtube. They did a trip with this same outfitter out of Homer. Looked very fun but I myself have not done it before.

16-Feb-22

FrontierMulie's Link

16-Feb-22
Looking into the same Thing on Kuiu island with a lodging in point baker Alaska… they provide boat, room, food… hunting is suppose to she outstanding… 812-584-27ninethree

16-Feb-22
If you’re willing to do a cabin hunt on POW where you can rent a boat and do both spot and stalk and your own baiting reach out to Bob Ameen (Blacktail Bob in here) He has a cabin in a great area.

16-Feb-22
A guy will get fat, happy, and his bear with Homer! Do it!

16-Feb-22
If you’re willing to do a cabin hunt on POW where you can rent a boat and do both spot and stalk and your own baiting reach out to Bob Ameen (Blacktail Bob in here) He has a cabin in a great area.

16-Feb-22
If you go guided, you can skip the draw, if not, good luck. Getting that tag these days isn't that far off from sheep odds.

17-Feb-22

17-Feb-22
Coffman Cove Adventures is top notch. No matter what happens, you'll have the time of your live and eat like kings.

18-Feb-22
Thanks for the replies. My fear with a lot of the charters they seem to all be 5 days. That doesn't seem to be enough time to get it done especially if weather becomes a factor.

18-Feb-22
I had the same concern on only being 5 days. I asked and they let me add a day on for and additional price.

• Sitka Gear