Manitoba caribou?
Caribou
Contributors to this thread:
caribou77 15-Feb-22
Kurt 15-Feb-22
APauls 15-Feb-22
M.Pauls 16-Feb-22
15-Feb-22
What’s the latest word on this? Last time I looked into it they went blank 3 out of 4 years. Still a hunt I would love to do.

15-Feb-22
Look at M.Pauls thread on his hunt last fall.

15-Feb-22
If you’ve got a 200 mile pin on your Bowtech you’ve got a chance ;p

I wouldn’t go unless there was great fishing and I looked at it like an expensive fishing trip. The last pseudo migration was roughly 2015 or ‘16. As a resident our first caribou license costs $50. Used to be you had to be lined up outside conservations door at 4:30am the day they went on sale because there is a finite number of you wanted one. Nowadays we don’t sell out if that tells you anything.

Anything can happen, but I’d look to southern Nunavut if you’re looking for decent numbers

16-Feb-22
Caribou77, As mentioned by Kurt I did a hunt this past year in MB and was successful. I feel very fortunate given the lottery that it is. I did find fresh sheds as well which indicates they wintered there the previous year as well, for what it’s worth. I’ll bump the thread to the top if you’re interested in reading. It’s called “as luck would have it” All the best with whatever you decide

• Sitka Gear