Shiras42 22-Feb-22
goelk 22-Feb-22
Zim 22-Feb-22
Inshart 22-Feb-22
smarba 23-Feb-22
Guardian hunter 23-Feb-22
Tilzbow 23-Feb-22
20-Feb-22
I found it interesting that this silver medal winner (Halfpipe) from Nevada is an avid elk bowhunter. He also says that he wants to return to the summer Olympics as an archer. Some of you may have seen the clip shown on TV of him elk bowhunting and then cooking his elk steaks. Seemed to show him and his hunting in a positive way.

20-Feb-22
Saw that. Very cool!

20-Feb-22
Saw that as well. I was surprised at how positively he and his hunting was presented.

20-Feb-22
Yep saw that, was pleasantly surprised and glad to see it.

20-Feb-22
I saw the clip before he competed. Showed him shooting a 3-D elk and praying with his family. He spoke about his commitment to Christ and his passion to excel in his sport. He said he had lost sponsors because of his hunting but it didn't seem to bother him one bit.

20-Feb-22
Saw the clip myself, he lost a lot of sponsors because of his hunting, But said he didn't care.

20-Feb-22
Seeing hunting and Christ shown in a positive light on nbc is akin to seeing a peta commercial on Fox News. I was absolutely shocked

21-Feb-22
Very positive story

21-Feb-22
I saw it too and as a Reno resident for the past 44 years it made me proud to have such a fine young man representing the region. It’s funny I’ve never noticed him at 3D shoots but I’ll start looking for him now.

21-Feb-22

SaddleReaper's Link
link to the NBC bit on David Wise

21-Feb-22
Very cool

21-Feb-22

bigeasygator's Link
This feature from First Lite on David is pretty cool too.

21-Feb-22
Nice to hear some positive news!!

21-Feb-22
That's very cool!

21-Feb-22
This is the way bowhunters. Show good role models harvesting sustainably sourced protein for their families, focus on the conservation of the resource and their habitat. Non-hunters can get behind that. "I smoked a big old swamp daddy! Hell Yeah!!!" No, just no.

21-Feb-22
Excellent portrayal in the MSM. We need more of this!

Noticed the one negative comment was from one of our leading Colorado anti-hunting vegans, who was appointed to the state veterinary board by our terribly messed up governor. She recently had to resign after calling ranchers and farmers "lazy and nasty".

22-Feb-22
Good luck getting on the Olympic archery team. Takes years of dedication...and he'll have to shoot a recurve!

22-Feb-22
Brotsky x 2

22-Feb-22
Cool Dude! Congratulations on Silver Medal Fun watching him in halfpipe

22-Feb-22
Yes I saw. Big thumbs up to him and his family.

22-Feb-22
Sounds like a great Dad with an outstanding attitude towards life in general.

23-Feb-22
Yep, was an awesome interview I was surprised mainstream media let it roll.

23-Feb-22
Total respect. I'll hunt with that guy.

23-Feb-22
He was honored at the start of the NV vs UNLV basketball game last night and given a very loud standing ovation along with the crowd chanting USA! USA! for a few minutes. He had his wife and kids there and it was easy to see they thoroughly and humbly enjoyed being honored. It was a great start to the game, too bad the Nevada basketball team lost to our in state rivals from down south.

I also flew in Monday a little before his plane landed and there were several thousand residents waiting to welcome him home and pay tribute.

It’s great to see someone who’s so open about his other passion get honored.

• Sitka Gear