Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Lone Eagle 21-Feb-22
WV Mountaineer 21-Feb-22
TonyBear 21-Feb-22
Teeton 21-Feb-22
Lone Eagle 21-Feb-22
21-Feb-22
I'm looking for ideas and ways to set up a tree trunk for a saddle hunting seminar. It will be used in an indoor setting. How can it be displayed to hold a person demonstrating thr proper technique for using a tree saddle, safely?

21-Feb-22
You’d better have a lot of room. It would actually be impossible to do without blocking your climb. Unless you have access to a tall ceiling and a way to brace it from the top too, I don’t think I’d do it.

21-Feb-22
Try duct taping carpet to a support beam/ pole running through the room from the floor through the ceiling. I was able to demonstrate tree stand stuff that way a few times in Bowhunters Ed.

21-Feb-22
Money, steel, a welder and imagination. Here's how I'd do it. I'd build a platform to hold a 7–8-foot tree. I'd get a tree that about 6 inches from bottom to top. Build the platform to hold the tree. Bottom of tree I'd drill a hole in the middle of the bottom of the tree. I'd build the platform about 6 by 6, in the middle I'd put a stud a little smaller than the hole in the bottom of the tree to slip the tree over. I'd build 2 outriggers at about 4 and 8 o'clock that's attached about 3 foot up the tree. Then I'd add some weights to each corner of the platform. Here's where the imagination comes in. You have to tell them that first you can't get a full-size tree inside to do the seminar so folks you got to use your imagination that this is a 12-inch tree that runs up to your stand height of 15 foot or so. Tell them you use say 3 or 4 lone wolf tree steps to get up to your height, but only use one for the demonstration purposes and don't go up more than 3 feet off the ground. Remember to tell them, "You got to imagine I'm up 15 feet". OR? go before hand and build a power point demonstration on a real tree and talk it through with pictures. I do a power point seminar on backcountry hunting. Ed

21-Feb-22
Thanks,Ed , I was thinking of something similar to your idea. The power point is also a very good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

• Sitka Gear