No Mercy 25-Feb-22
Pop-r 25-Feb-22
Dale06 25-Feb-22
Missouribreaks 25-Feb-22
FORESTBOWS 25-Feb-22
Inshart 26-Feb-22
bigswivle 26-Feb-22
22-Feb-22
Looking for an archery elk outfitter. Willing to hunt any state..

Can anyone help??

22-Feb-22
timeframe? Points in any states? Price? Lodge/wilderness? big bull/any bull/cow?

22-Feb-22
Reach out to Forestbows on here

22-Feb-22
I second Forestbows. He is in Colorado. Great outfitter. Packs you into remote areas with horses and mules to get away from the crowds. Forest is also great at calling elk.

22-Feb-22
Thanks guys! Check us out. Flattopsadventures.com

22-Feb-22
I don’t know Forestbows, or do guided elk hunts but…

From what I have seen him post, and his clients post about his hunts the last couple years I don’t see how you could go wrong talking to him. It looks like his operation is top notch. Appears to be great fun loving people, great elk hunting, and a great location.

If you see a lot of bowsiters giving an outfitter good recommendations, there is a reason.

22-Feb-22
I third Forrestbows. I hunted with him several years back prior to him outfitting and was an absolute blast. He called a small bull in so close it actually smelled his boot. Great experience and great guy as well!

22-Feb-22
Regarding time frame-- next yr or two Have 4 pts in AZ 300+ class bulls Archery only Price 6-8k

22-Feb-22
Seems like Forrest as a really good and fun operation. A different type of outfitted hunt is Bear Mountain Outfitters in northern Colorado. Good meals and lodging in 3 camps and use Tahoe type vehicles for transportation. All on a private ranch. Fun place to hunt with plenty action and well within your budget.

22-Feb-22

22-Feb-22
Re: AZ. I don’t think you will have enough points for a mediocre unit. (By AZ standards)

No experience with Forestbows, but he has enough support that I would seriously consider him. He is CO. You should apply for CO points in 2022 to put you in the game for Forestbows.

22-Feb-22
What's your kill rate and shot opportunity Forrest?

22-Feb-22
Forestbows is the deal. My experience with Forest and his operation.. TOP SHELF

22-Feb-22
300" bulls are tuff in our area. We only killed 3 300" bulls last year in Archery out of 11. 300 334 354

24-Feb-22
30% rate on 300" isn't exactly tough. But im sure thats how you meant it. lol

And F_____ Cody Carr! I stand by reading and waiting to educate anyone who will listen on his operation. And I dont feel one bit bad about doing it.

24-Feb-22
If it wasn't for corneal transplant surgery I was going to book with Forest. However there are just to many unknowns for my recovery to risk not being able to move the hunt if medically I was unable to go.

I spoke with his wife who provided great information and everyone I spoke to spe highly of his operation.

I am going to start applying for points in CO and hope to hunt with forest when I can

25-Feb-22
Most of our guys shoot the first legal bull they see. That's hard on our score average, but is really good for our shot opportunity percentage. I'm ok with that....lol. we have ran 70% shot opportunity on our Archery hunts.

25-Feb-22
I read a post on here a few months ago from someone who posted a hunt with you Forest, can you or someone, bring that back up?

25-Feb-22
I found it, I hope it works???????????

I would say if you want to talk to someone who would give you an honest review of Forest's type of hunt, contact Charlie here on Bowsite.

Go to this site: https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=494253&messages=160&forum=5

25-Feb-22
Sent pm.

25-Feb-22

No Mercy's Link
some good ones here-

25-Feb-22
I would have to think you'd be best to go private in most states. Nobody can offer the quality on public that many private outfits can as a rule. You may luck onto a great hunt but the odds are going to be against you comparatively speaking. For 8k I'd want to be sitting in the best place I could be not somewhere that may be half or two thirds of the hunt for even half or two thirds of the money. Not that there aren't those on public that will kill 300" bulls. It's just not near as common.

25-Feb-22
Pop-r, I couldn’t agree more.

25-Feb-22
I agree with pop-r.

25-Feb-22
Just because it's private land doesn't mean it's great elk hunting. I think great private land is by far the best hunting for elk, but size matters! Most of the time you won't be able to chase elk off private on a guided hunt. Super easy to push elk off small tracks. Large ranches with lots of 300" elk and low hunter numbers are the best but 8k is not going to get you there.

26-Feb-22
Quality private property elk for under 8K, good luck finding that.

26-Feb-22
Bought a cancellation hunt last year on BS for me and the wife on private land(cheap) but whatever, I was just jonesing to go elk hunting. Both of us end up getting Covid two weeks prior and were by no means in any shape to go elk hunting anywhere. Anyways, had to cancel, haven’t heard from that guy or his outfitter since. Be careful who you book with!!! I’d love to hunt with forest one day, should’ve done that to begin with.

• Sitka Gear