Contributors to this thread:
Camp David 27-Feb-22
Camp David 27-Feb-22
scentman 27-Feb-22
Huntiam 27-Feb-22
Stressless 02-Mar-22
wisconsinteacher 02-Mar-22
27-Feb-22
Looking for some suggestions…please. I have two food plots that I plant Winter Rye in September through April. Any ideas on what I can plant May till July?

I’m located in Western New York.

I already have plenty of Clover plots.

Thank you in advance.

27-Feb-22
Looking for some suggestions…please. I have two food plots that I plant Winter Rye in September through April. Any ideas on what I can plant May till July?

I’m located in Western New York.

I already have plenty of Clover plots.

Thank you in advance.

27-Feb-22
I used by from Trupes wildlife seeds... he had all kind of mixes for our region. I had planted peas, sunflowers, and a variety of other species I can't remember at the moment. Good luck. scentman

27-Feb-22
Whitetail institute power plant

02-Mar-22
In those months you really don't need 'food' plots but to build you soil you really need something growing in them.

I would suggest something in this area if you already have plenty of clover plots - my neighbor, Goyt is trying this 'method' this year. Dr. Grant has a number of videos at https://www.growingdeer.tv/ to explain in depth.

02-Mar-22
That video did a nice job explaining the soil building process and the blends make more sense to me than planting one cover crop in the plot. As a new land owner and food plot guy, my mindset for the summer months is soil health. I'm telling myself, I'm not spending money on feeding deer but money on my soil. If the deer feed, during the summer months, that is a bonus to me. I'm looking at planting Deer Creek Sandy Sure Shot or All Season Wildlife Mix. Leaning more towards the Sure Shot right now.

• Sitka Gear