APauls 04-Mar-22
Inshart 04-Mar-22
APauls 04-Mar-22
maxracx 04-Mar-22
12yards 04-Mar-22
02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Got pretty lucky in that we happened to have a plane headed up to a lodge on Monday with some space and I jumped on, and rode the same bird back on Tuesday. But that gave me an afternoon and few hours in the morning at our Nanuk Lodge where we are looking for denning sows/cub polar bears. There's a decent number of predators in that area, and we had a moose kill close by. Spent some time parked close by on Tuesday morning, and caught a glimpse of a wolf, saw a wolverine and a red fox. Very lucky for one morning. I didn't get any pics of the wolf, as he got out of there fast as it happened to be the same time a wolverine was coming in. Was early light which makes for tough photos but I did my best. Animals were also about 100 yards away which is tough. I'm barely an aspiring amateur lol.

It also gave me a serious appreciation for anyone doing arctic photography. With temps around -32, and wind chills in the upper -40's your camera is lethal against your face. Nose hurts, eyes looking into the biting wind were tearing which immediately froze up my face. Lens is just frozen. Our guests are hard core! Wolverines are pretty rare so thought I'd share. I'd never seen one prior to 2021, and now I've seen 4. When it rains it pours.

02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo

02-Mar-22

02-Mar-22

02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo

02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
Fox came by in better light
APauls's embedded Photo
Fox came by in better light

02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
Raven circled warily overhead. He finally got to eat a little after the fox buggered off.
APauls's embedded Photo
Raven circled warily overhead. He finally got to eat a little after the fox buggered off.
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo

02-Mar-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
This guy was dusting it as he heard us coming. Was encouraging to see the healthy moose numbers in the area.
APauls's embedded Photo
This guy was dusting it as he heard us coming. Was encouraging to see the healthy moose numbers in the area.
Flying out was fun as we went past an area where moose were congregated for winter. Easy to spot even at 300km/hr

02-Mar-22
Great pics! Thanks for posting them!!

02-Mar-22
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

02-Mar-22
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

02-Mar-22
Great pics, very cool !

02-Mar-22
Great pics bro! Awesome you get to be up there so often

02-Mar-22
Great pictures thanks for Sharing!

02-Mar-22
Very cool Adam, thanks for posting these!

02-Mar-22
neat stuff wow

02-Mar-22
Nice pics Adam, I’ve always been very interested in wolverines.

02-Mar-22
Good stuff Adam!!

02-Mar-22
Cool stuff and great pictures. Always fun to find new critters to photo!

02-Mar-22
Seeing a wolverine to me means you are definitely in the wilderness and better be on your game. Great pics. Thanks for sharing..

03-Mar-22
Kool pix Adam!

Thanks for sharing,

Robb

03-Mar-22
Excellent photos of the wolverine. Not a lot of opportunities to see them in my experience either….two through my lifetime of hunting.

03-Mar-22
Nice pic of Wolverine .

03-Mar-22
Awesome pictures. I would love to see a wolverine sometime. It would be better if it was in a trap!!

03-Mar-22
That wolverine is freakn cool...

04-Mar-22
Thanks guys, ya even for here it isn't usual to see a wolverine. They are elusive critters no matter where they are. Interesting again how the wolf wanted no part of being around when that wolverine moved in. These gray wolves are among the biggest wolves on the planet and they don't even question it lol.

04-Mar-22
That wolverine is really cool. Very surprised at how beautiful that raven was - neat coloring.

04-Mar-22
Inshart you're not wrong. As several have mentioned Bowsite kind of bastardizes great photos especially colouring. It's a much more beautiful bird on my iMac then on Bowsite for sure. Raven reminds me of Batman for some reason lol.

04-Mar-22
Great photos, thank you for sharing.

04-Mar-22
That Wolverine is sick! Thanks for sharing!

• Sitka Gear