Rut Nut 02-May-22
Bearman 02-May-22
PAOH 02-May-22
WVarcher 02-May-22
Z Barebow 03-May-22
Rut Nut 04-May-22
04-Mar-22
Which and why

And how different do arrows fly with these in versus without is it going to make any noticeable difference

04-Mar-22
Nockturnal, always works and as i have aged i really appreciate the bright light to see where my arrow is going.

04-Mar-22
Zilan from Amazon. Last longer than Nocturnal , you don't need a knife to turn it off and I paid 40$+ for a pack of 3 nocturnal and 15$ for 5 of those. They turned up to be almost indestructible compare with nocturnal . They grab the string better and they have more colors to choose from. I recommend green hands down

04-Mar-22
Nockturnal. Great fit. Don’t get the universal fit……get the correct fit. Works great. Get the green.

04-Mar-22
Nocturnal hands down

04-Mar-22
Bou

IMO, it really depends on the arrow you shoot.

For example. How does the nock fit for the shaft your using? How does the nock fit on your string? How much does the weight of the lighted nock affect your overall arrow weight and flight.

You should try a few at best. What works for some may not work best for others.

After much experimentation, “ Lumenock” seems like a perfect fit for my new arrow set up.

Enjoy the process… it gives great results and the answer your looking for.

R

05-Mar-22
Nocturnal also, the originals…Still have several packs and they’ve always worked…The originals to me are more nock like size wise, not the wide bodies they went to, favorite colors, green and blue!

05-Mar-22
I’ve only used Nocturnals. They have worked well on many kills. The only issue is on pass throughs, often blood gets in side of them and then you are unable to turn them off, so the battery dies. I consider that thee cost of doing business (hunting).

05-Mar-22
Nocturnals. I've tried others, haven't found anything better.

05-Mar-22
Original Nocturnals and the universal fit both were loose in my arrows, I switched to Lumenock and the fit is good. I am shooting 340 spine Gold Tip.

05-Mar-22
Nocturnal for me too. Get the ones specific to your shaft size

05-Mar-22

Bowhunter09's embedded Photo
Bowhunter09's embedded Photo
View from the tree after a pass through

05-Mar-22
Nocturnal for me too. Get the ones specific to your shaft size

06-Mar-22
Nocturnals. Definitely use the correct size for your shaft. If the fit isn't tight enough for your liking, take a plastic grocery bag, put it over the battery end of the nock, insert the nock into the shaft, and then trim off the plastic.

06-Mar-22
I used Nocturnals for years with so-so success and satisfaction dealing with all the problems stated above such as fit and using a separate tool to turn them off etc. The "universal fit" has helped a lot on fitting most all shaft sizes, but they are still dull and require a sperate tool to turn them off. I then tried the Vesta lighted nocks from Wasp Archery, and they are the "shiz-nits"! They are brighter and have an easy external "of switch" that doesn't require a separate tool or other sharp object to turn the off. They are also a tight fit. The only one drawback is that it only comes in a standard shaft size and will not fit "micro" shaft sizes. Check them out at: https://www.wasparchery.com/product/vesta-lighted-nock-compound-bow/ They are at a better price point also.

06-Mar-22
Firenock is the brightest out there. A little more expensive but worth it. Change the battery in seconds, many color choices, easy no tool shutoff.

11-Mar-22

11-Mar-22
Definitely NOT Lumenoks! I never bought a 3pak in which all 3 worked. Bob

11-Mar-22
Never had issues with either Lumenock or Nocturnal. Nocs are brighter, but I like how easy it is to turn off a Lumenock, just shake it...... Once I bought some Fire something, at a trade show, pure junk

12-Mar-22
Anybody know which color is easiest to see against a black bear hide? I bought pink but im now wondering if green would of been better.

12-Mar-22
With all the lighted nocks that I have tried I never found them to be reliable. Every season It seemed I was fiddling with them to get them working before hunting started. I switched to all white fletching with white nocks and a white fluorescent wrap. They are easy to see in flight and the wraps really shine when hit with a light.

12-Mar-22
I have some luminock and some nocturals. Both of which have come loose on the shaft after the shot or while taking the arrow of the string in some cases the damn things light up on their own in storage. Yes there are different sizes for various shafts, adapters etc. Finally solved the problem with a little bit of plumbers tape.

Cool to see either in flight but couple times I have taken animals it was early spring turkey hunt or late season deer with snow and just about freezing. Temps could be accounting for the fit issues. Looks like we will have snow and cold for early turkey season again this year?? So much for the global warming narrative.

12-Mar-22
Fran you are right on. The white dipped or wrapped shaft with bright feathers doesn't fail. I still have that on all my traditional equipment and most of the compounds. Let's just say I like seeing the arrow in flight. I use covers so the game doesn't see it in the quiver.

12-Mar-22
Nocturnals have worked well for me. A few have been flaky but mostly due to a weak battery or damage to the little switch after repeated use. I’m not a fan of the conglomerate that owns them but I still buy them.

Lumenocks were terrible for me, bought a package of duds once, then tried again a few years later and more problems. Gave up on them. Same with CX nocks although I’m not sure they are still manufactured.

I have white fletching and fluorescent wrap and it’s not the same, especially in low light. Nobody can convince me differently.

12-Mar-22
And how different do arrows fly with these in versus without is it going to make any noticeable difference

12-Mar-22
I like the Igniters by NuFletch. String activated and easy to turn off after the shot and re-load. I’ve had “issues” with others I’ve tried.

14-Mar-22
If the light is that low I’m not shooting anyway.

14-Mar-22
Anyone who doesnt know Firenock is by far the best lighted nock available, has most likely never tried one. They are expensive, but super tight tolerances and simply the highest quality nock out there. The nock itself is primo, and the circuit is extremely bright. THey are designed to be bright when viewed from the rear, NOT the sides as well.

19-Mar-22
Firenocks!

19-Mar-22
Bou’bound, I had the concern about how nocks that are heavier than standard nocks would influence trajectory. Out to 40 yards, I see not significant difference. Basis physics, they have to drop a little faster, but again, basis my tests, it’s not worth being concerned. I never tested them beyond 40 yards, as I don’t shoot at game beyond that distance.

19-Mar-22
Makes sense. Only Net ~ 13 grain or so difference it seems based on what I have seen online ~20 grains or so vs ~9. it's been a long time since i deluded myself to think i shoot well enough at bowhunting ranges with bowhunting set ups to be able to notice 13 grains here or there. i'm one of the rare guys on this site that does not shoot well enough to notice.

19-Mar-22
Nocturnals. Don't fit your shafts tightly? That's what either saran wrap or a dab of hot melt is made for.

02-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I was turned onto these by a fellow Bowsiter. I have tried 4 or 5 different lighted nocks and these are the best so far. Easy to turn off with your thumbnail and only $17 for 6 nocks. Every one is working so far in practice. Free shipping and they arrived in 3 days!

02-May-22
I finally decided last year to try lighted nocks. It was well into season before I bought 3 green nocturnal. Nov 14th, my target buck gave me a chip 14yard shot. Drew back and the nock came off the string. Full draw and no arrow on the string. May try another brand as they just don't snap on like they should. Late December, I still had 3 tags and wanted meat. Made up my mind if it's brown,it's down. Shot 3 deer that evening. Was really cool going back for retrieval and seeing those 3 glowing in the fresh snow. Y

02-May-22
Igniter by Nu Fletch x2

02-May-22
I've used nocturnal for the last 5 years. Always work as they're supposed too.

03-May-22
Rut Nut

How do they fit on the string?

That is my beef with Nockturnals. Old version fit fine. New models are loose on string. I have had them come off string while drawing back.

04-May-22
They fit my string perfectly! I had the same problems with the newer Nocturnals.

• Sitka Gear