midwest 05-Mar-22
Bow Bullet 05-Mar-22
boobowmen 05-Mar-22
smarba 05-Mar-22
WI Shedhead 05-Mar-22
Curt Wells 07-Mar-22
WI Shedhead 07-Mar-22
04-Mar-22
I was looking to buy a hardcopy for my son to enter the writing contest they sponsor each spring, now I’m worried it may have become an electronic- only magazine. Has anyone seen a hard copy? If so, can you tell my son what the prompt for the writing contest is?

04-Mar-22
I have a hard copy in front of me right now and I don’t see anything about a writing contest? If you can be more specific I can try to help you out. Keith

04-Mar-22
Glad to hear there are hard copies out there. The name of the contest is “youth bowhunter essay contest” and it’s usually mentioned in the issues between January to March. Hopefully they still have it going on. Thanks for looking for me.

04-Mar-22
Not sure if that contest is still on. But it had gone on for years and was a guided turkey hunt. The late Dave Keizer of Double K outfitters in Gregory SD donated that hunt many years. As of a couple years ago, another guide firm had picked up the donation, but I do not recall who it was.

05-Mar-22
Did a search and there's a lot of 'old' stuff, but nothing about 2022. It may be in the print version.

05-Mar-22
Been lookin for the info myself. My kids have done the contest for 10 years or so. The sponsors have been very generous over the years with donations.

05-Mar-22

midwest's Link
Try and contact Curt Wells either on here, FB, or IG. He's probably busy with the show season going on. My link is to their editorial inquiries.

05-Mar-22
Just got the April/May edition the other day. Nothing in it re: the kids writing contest.

05-Mar-22
It says in the August 2021 magazine that the 2022 contest was to be announced in the November/December 2021 issue.

05-Mar-22
I also just received April/May and don't see the kid's writing contest entry. But I think it's usually a different time of year since the turkey hunt takes place in the spring?

05-Mar-22
I don’t think it was- and the deadline to enter was always in March with the hunt in the first part of may

07-Mar-22
Our Youth Hunter Essay Contest is not being conducted this year. We ran into some issues the past couple of years with Covid in that we weren't able to take the winner of the contest on the spring turkey hunt. Instead, they were awarded a new bow and accessories. Consequently, a decision was made to go another direction for youth bowhunters. We just haven't come up with an alternative plan yet. When we do, it will be announced in the magazine. We appreciate the interest and have enjoyed reading all the contributions from young bowhunters over the years. Stay tuned.

07-Mar-22
Thanks for getting back curt and too bad this year for the contest. Please please please thank all the past sponsors you talk too, it’s great they stepped up for promoting bow hunting

• Sitka Gear