Jasper's embedded Photo
HBD to the one and only; the Legend, Fred Bear

05-Mar-22

BowenAero's embedded Photo
BowenAero's embedded Photo

05-Mar-22
Yep. A real legend

05-Mar-22
He was a big part of why and I assume many others got into bow hunting. Those grainy old tv show were amazing when I was young. That brown bear on the beach was really something!

05-Mar-22
I saw him at some bow hunters rendezvous in Grand Ledge Michigan in I believe 1978. He was/is a legend for sure.

05-Mar-22
He was my hero back in the 50's when I started bowhunting. Got a Bear Grizzly and killed deer with it. My dad had one of the expensive models and I still have it. I got to see Fred's trophies and was amazed at the standing grizzly bear that I had to look up at. He is also the reason I bought a 44 Mag handgun.

05-Mar-22
The legend lives on, and on.

05-Mar-22

pirogue's embedded Photo
pirogue's embedded Photo

06-Mar-22
"Marketing genius", maybe so but one hell of a gentleman, no false humility/arrogance. If you were fortunate to have ever met him personally you would know . He was the real deal and something that seems to lack in todays hunting culture, a conservationist especially so in his later years. He wasn't perfect for sure ,no one is. He inspired many of us.

06-Mar-22
Not sure if it's true, but I head a story about him once.

While bear hunting he had to shoot over an obstruction (rock I believe?) so he only pulled his bow part way back so the arrow would arc over it - he killed that bear.

06-Mar-22
I always enjoyed visiting the Grayling plant and museum.

11-Mar-22

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
My only autographed item that I’ve valued and kept ( and I’ve lived near GreenBay and work only blocks from the Packers Lambeau Field my whole life) Also had my picture taken with Fred but can’t locate it right now

• Sitka Gear