Bou'bound 07-Mar-22
midwest 07-Mar-22
x-man 07-Mar-22
Bou'bound 08-Mar-22
Bowfreak 08-Mar-22
Bou'bound 08-Mar-22
Bou'bound 08-Mar-22
06-Mar-22
Thoughts on a paper tear that is about 3/4" low and right to where the arrow point hits the paper.

06-Mar-22
What distance are you shooting from the paper? Have you tried moving the paper down range? If so, what does the tear look like at 5, 10, 15 yards?

Matt

06-Mar-22
Less than five it’s fine at 10

06-Mar-22
IMO, paper tuning only gets you in the ballpark. And it's only worth doing with the paper at about 1 yard from the end of the arrow. That's really the only way to know how the arrow is coming off the bow. At five yards from the paper, the arrow can oscillate multiple times. It may show a certain tear at 1 yard, and a completely different tear at 5 yards. At 10 yards the fletchings can stabilize the arrow enough to make a decent tear, even if the tune is bad.

Assuming your bow has 2 cams of equal size, with yolks at both cams, I'd start by making sure your cams are perfectly synchronized, and they have minimal lean at full draw and at rest. Then, I'd find the exact center of the string for your nocking point. Then set the center shot to the factory recommended position. From there, I'd bare shaft tune at about 10 yards, Get the up/down POI of the bare shaft and fletched arrows the same by raising or lowering the rest in very small increments. Once that is done, work on the side to side POI by making equally small left/right changes to the rest. If any center shot adjustment requires more than an 1/8" from factory settings, you may have to do some yoke tuning.

Clear as mud? ;-)

Matt

06-Mar-22
WTH does this thread have to do with Biden, Ukraine, or gas prices? I'm confused. I went to my politics feed and some archery thread pops up?

06-Mar-22
And that ain’t no chit, Lou!

06-Mar-22
And that ain’t no chit, Lou!

06-Mar-22
I'd consider that more than a slight tear, but I'd move my nock up and add twists to my right yoke.

06-Mar-22
Less than five it’s fine at 10

07-Mar-22
Matt right out of the bow it is good @ 2 yards. fine at 10.

07-Mar-22
+1 Bowfreak. Get the high/low tear out first and I'll always yoke tune from center shot if I have the option before moving the rest left or right.

07-Mar-22
Before you move anything, make sure it's not you. Make several quality releases at each distance and eliminate shooter error if any.

08-Mar-22
thanks for the yoke info. that worked. all set thanks

08-Mar-22
Glad that worked Bou.

I didn't know if you had upgraded to the RX5 (no yokes) yet or not. I know you typically pick up last year's bows.

08-Mar-22
Rx4 ultra new in January. Yokes easier than shims right

08-Mar-22
Rx4 ultra new in January. Yokes easier than shims right

• Sitka Gear