Woods Walker 16-Jun-22
Hunts_with_stick 17-Jun-22
RK 17-Jun-22
orionsbrother 17-Jun-22
bigeasygator 17-Jun-22
'Ike' (Phone) 17-Jun-22
RonP 17-Jun-22
07-Mar-22
Can you recommend a good squirrel recipe? Got my pellet gun sighted in but need a good recipe.

07-Mar-22
Day one of the SHF: One group just has arms and ammo. The other group just has beans and rice.

Day two: They both have beans and rice.

07-Mar-22
The really prepared are lurking on prepper sites, making a list of all the folks with food caches.

07-Mar-22
^^^ This!

07-Mar-22
The sky is falling - really? Fear is not a virtue.

07-Mar-22

07-Mar-22
If things really do get that bad, then most important item you'll need is ammo. If you have food but no ammo, you won't have it for long.

07-Mar-22
Thanks DanaC, now I want to see the movie.

07-Mar-22
I have good neighbors and probably 1000 head of cattle within a 4 mile circle of my house. To be honest I'm not that worried

07-Mar-22
Wisconsin Public Radio had a segment today on why some people buy in to misinformation or conspiracy theories. They talked about a group that believes the earth is flat.......reminded me of some on this forum.

07-Mar-22
If you don't already have canning lids, you probably won't get them. The shelves are full of ammo, better go get some right now. Get off of here and go get some, right now. I'm really surprised there is any ammo on the shelves. Don't use your ammo as a trade item, it will come back to you, hot at over 1,000 fps.

07-Mar-22
I have plenty of supplies left over from Y2K.

Matt

07-Mar-22
Matt, lol, lol... when it's over its over! ;0)

07-Mar-22
Stupidity is the new virus. It's spread by the internet.

07-Mar-22
Well, a select few on the internet.

07-Mar-22
When the nukes are going off I'll be outside watching the glow, why stay around since all the wild game will be gone.

07-Mar-22
I do not believe it is going to get THAT BAD......But I do believe this country is on a path that will bring us an historical time or event that will put it on the same level as such times as the Civil War, WW1 and 2 and the Great Depression.

07-Mar-22
beemann for the win!

07-Mar-22
Just picked up a whole beef today. If the grid goes down, it’ll put the whole house generator to work. Pretty normal for how we roll.

07-Mar-22
Scentman, I’m glad you picked up on my humor. I have a neighbor who bought 5000 gallons of diesel fuel and 8 huge generators prepping for Y2K. To this day, I still tease him about that.

Matt

07-Mar-22
Hopefully our Government is prepared for an assault on our power grid.

07-Mar-22
....and the financial institutions.

You can bet that there's an "app" for that!

07-Mar-22
I wish I had an extra 1000 gal of $2.00 diesel around.

No fun when your bulk fuel supplier gives you a price and says " You probably want to say "yes" before my screen updates"

07-Mar-22
No need to worry. BUILD BACK BETTER is coming...LOL. Brandon is not through fixing things.

07-Mar-22

thedude's embedded Photo
thedude's embedded Photo

07-Mar-22
I'm a simple man. but yrs ago even in my 20's I decided to by a piece of property here in NY... I told my family when the food and fuel prices are astronomical you can squat and live on my property as we could have firewood and wild game to sustain us for a while. Well they laughed at me back then, but now they respect my decision... my quote I always say, " I go where the spirit leads me" can't go wrong there. scentman

07-Mar-22
How long do you guys think the wild game and fish will last when the shit hits? Not long.

07-Mar-22
"Hopefully our Government is prepared for an assault on our power grid. "

The Russians have been cyber-attacking our power systems since before the Ukraine invasion. The lights are still on.

07-Mar-22
Chicken Littles are some of the best sources for comedy,, IMO.

07-Mar-22
Second only to conspiracy theorists.

Matt

07-Mar-22
I’ve tried to imagine the world azelkhntr thinks we live in. It’s one of those things where you just give up thinking about because it’s so implausible and such a fantasy.

07-Mar-22
Our 2 political parties have killed our self reliance as far as being energy independent, years ago. We were headed in the direction of being more self reliant but Slippery Joe has reversed our direction. We have a large enough percentage of the population that don't have a clue, that's evident in the fact that these big government candidates are able to get on the ballot much less win an election. Charlie might be on to something as far as the pellet gun goes, a pellet gun may be all we are allowed to own if these Marxist thugs get their way.

07-Mar-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

07-Mar-22
Must

stop

opening

these

threads

07-Mar-22
I won't run out of ammo. I'll eat deer and squirrels and like it. When they are gone It won't be worth living anyhow. I am praying that when the Good Lord calls me home he puts me on the outskirts of the golden streets and such. Woods and water I hope. My Grand Paw will have a place all picked out for me. I am old and lived during the best times.

07-Mar-22
Azelkhtr, why the doom and gloom? What do you know that everyone teasing you doesn’t?

08-Mar-22
Dems are skeered their free stuff will run out.

08-Mar-22
“Well, I haven't been sleeping for the last 6 years. ”

That explains quite a bit.

08-Mar-22
....don't look at the flash!

08-Mar-22

08-Mar-22
So the hoarding of TP starts again.

So some basic tips: 1) Don't live 9 ft below the waterline-it might flood 2)-Don't build on Mt. Vesuvius-just because it hasn't gone off in a while 3) Know your ISO town class-that will tell you how good the fire response is. 4)-Live across the street from the lake if you can (see #7 for access) 5- Have multiple sources of heat for your house (e.g. baseboard electric, natural gas, propane, fireplace). 6-Know how to hunt, fish and gather-grow your own food, preserve it. 7-Know your neighbors and how to barter (but keep some guns handy anyway) 8-Cash is good, so is gold and silver 9-Water filtration units-nice for home use and backpacking 10-Know how to pray and have faith in your maker, not the government

08-Mar-22

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
lol @ Matt's comment.

Like Rocky said, your comments do not come from a mind at peace. No surprise though. If I thought what was printed in what is the modern day equivalent of the Weekly World News was a reality, I likely wouldn't be getting much sleep either.

08-Mar-22
Yep, people don't panic and clean out the stores of supplies for no reason..........................

The panic that happened during the pandemic is a very small snapshot of what would happen if SHTF, I have zero faith in at least half of our population. I am not a doomsday prepper but I am also not naive about our present situation, Biden administration is incompetent and foolish, massive U.S. dependency on China, Russia controlling energy in Europe, attacking it's neighbors and threatening nukes, Iran wants to control the middle east and Biden is poised to give it to them, LOL no reason to think that sh$t couldn't hit the fan.

08-Mar-22
I’m with Bake. I have ammo, cattle, chickens and live in an area where cattle out number people about 300 to 1. Only problem is the indoorsies/citiots would be showing up begging cause most of them won’t have guns or food.

08-Mar-22
"Paranoia is its own punishment." John Scalzi

08-Mar-22
At least no ones worried about brain eating zombies anymore.

08-Mar-22
I read the book "1 second after " and "1year after".......I'll never think the same again.

08-Mar-22
"Well, I haven't been sleeping for the last 6 years"

lmao FINALLY a reasonable explanation for all this. Though you can't help but feel sorry for this dude. The amount of life this guy is going to miss.

08-Mar-22
Would it really be such a bad thing if three quarters of the garbage disappeared from Walmart? If we spent more of our income on basics rather than cheap wanted but un-needed junk. If we sat at the family table and talked across instead of wearing out thumbs texting people we've never met? Would it be so bad if city folk learned where food comes from and what happens when it doesn't come? If kids learned how to help out neighbors with firewood and gardens and that kid and the old guy down the street got to know and appreciate each other? Would it really be so bad if humans became interdependent on each other again? There was an old thing years ago called "community" where physical bodies came together and real faces had real names. Mandapandacute4U would possibly be Jane and she's actually a pretty nice person, in person.

Lots of Bowsiters long for simpler times and we may get our wish. Be happy!

08-Mar-22
Az could go work for any alphabet news station with his level of nonsensical fear mongering.

08-Mar-22
DC I don't think they've attacked our power grid in earnest yet just probes.

08-Mar-22
Alarmists?!? I now buy an extra package of TP so I always have at least 2 (keeps my wife happy. That's important). I'm still working on my Covid canned goods before they go out of date. I inventoried my ammunition from Y2K. And, as the sole concession to a possible EMP, I just bought a mechanical scale so I can still meter my powder. Geez Dude, what's next? Stock piled food only lasts so long-then what are you going to do? Must stop opening these threads too. But, they're like that last donut .....

08-Mar-22
Being an alarmist is one thing, being prepared for an unforeseen event is quite another. Too many case histories of when a bug-out bag is needed, aka, a 72 hour kit. Runs on grocery stores happen with fairly simple and relatively short-lasting events like winter storms, fire evacuations, and covid fear-mongering.

We have not idea when a large event can happen, like the so-called dinosaur extinction asteroid event or the documented eruption of Krakatoa and any other famine that has plagued mankind throughout the ages.

I seriously doubt any event would be large enough to cause you to go hermit style for a year surviving on your stock pile alone, maybe. What I see happening is using food stores and hard goods as a supplement when certain items are in scarcity for a short time (a month or two), or, helping a neighbor with something because they don't have a certain needed item you have in abundance.

08-Mar-22
Reminds me of every 6" to 8" predicted snowstorm here that is supposed to last half a day. The supermarket shelves clear every single time and the next day we are all driving around like normal.

08-Mar-22
I love the preppers that have this picturesque lifestyle in mind with a garden and their wonderful canned goods and their chickens in a doomsday environment. Like the world is going to burn around them, but they're good because they've got their little chicken coop and underground pantry! As if the first guy looking for a meal isn't going to come by and give that egg laying hen a nice neck wrister twister. Some guy 100 miles into the Yukon Wilderness? OK maybe. But the lower 48? Faggetaboutit.

08-Mar-22
If the shit hits the fan that bad, I'm heading for Granby CO, with a knife, fork, bunch of matches and all the arrows Paul can shoot.

08-Mar-22
Matches? Out of boredom one afternoon in camp, I tried starting a fire with a bow drill. I need a new plan.

08-Mar-22

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

08-Mar-22
“ Like Rocky said, your comments do not come from a mind at peace.”

From someone who has lost a piece of their mind?

08-Mar-22
Apauls I’m not a prepper and don’t pretend to know what they think but all the preppers I know are heavily armed. The ones I know don’t hunt yet the have 20 guns and plenty of ammo. I’m not going to attempt to take their scrawny egg laying chickens if shtf. ;) If it gets that bad law will be at the end of a barrel.

08-Mar-22
See no reason NOT to be prepared for what may come someday. People sit in their couch oblivious to the future and it's possibilities. Some even ignore the fact there is a evil crazy madman with his finger on the end of the world button right now. Has threatened as much. And another crazy demented old man on the other end. That's not to take into account SMOD or Yellowstone eruptions or a host of other things that may..... disrupt.... your cozy snuggley lil safe place world. Things that have happened over and over in history, extinction events they call them. It can all change in an instant. Are you ready for anything..... right now in this instant? Working on it, nearly there, good for a month or three, right down to fuel for the generator. But then on an island, hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis.... lived through a few of those. But by all means.... carry on.....

Speaking of being obsessed and controlled by fear and panic.... short time ago "Covid Camps" were openly discussed, implemented in some places of the world. Or you would be under house arrest if you didn't take a forced injection of an experimental drug into your body? Then soon found you were lied to about it all on several levels? By our own leaders, from the highest to the lowest. How many would have been called crazy if they said two or three years ago, that in a short time a world wide pandemic would shut it down and send it spinning towards collapse.... they would have said that those "preppers" were couple bails shy of a load..... nothing to worry about, nothing going to happen. That's crazy.

Or that police would stand by and watch as mobs of people burned down your business, rioted and looted, even took over and burned police buildings and courthouses as you watched? Murdered people in the streets. (RIP Officer Dorn and others) And defending your life and property was literally considered the REAL offense, not those who assault it. Shoplifting, open theft "decriminalized". Chitting on the sidewalk was OK. Here have a free needle.... don't worry about it when you're done. Just leave it next to that pile of chit there on the sidewalk.... our kids will learn how to step over it, not a problem. Any behavior is OK.... it's the law and the police that are the problem.

Cities in decay and rot.... and it's not only accepted.... it's aided and abetted. People fed up.... preppers of a sort... simply move away, leaving fewer and fewer able bodied and able minded to try and repair the damage, revitalize, rebuild. Others openly oppose doing what it may take to repair and rebuild, much of it hard and painful. Prefer instead to burn it all down for their own political ambitions.

Witnessing the open and unabashed, unapologetic insanity of the last few years..... Yeah. Preppers are the problem. They're crazy ya know.... nothing bad ever gonna happen..... relax grasshopper...... heheheheh......

08-Mar-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
You guys who think you're gonna live off deer and squirrels and rice and beans are a hoot. Bet none of you has the right cookbook on your shelves. ;-)

08-Mar-22
LINK I am talking more about the hippie ones with YouTube channels.

08-Mar-22
Lol. You could be right there Apauls I don’t know any like that and don’t watch their YouTube stuff.

08-Mar-22
Not funny if that is the cat cookbook.

08-Mar-22
I’m just curious what conspiracy theories some of you are laughing at? We definitely have one brewing right now and for those of you who are laughing at preppers I guess you forgot Covid wiped out shelves of everything. Can you imagine what a more deadly virus will do or even just a natural disaster? AZ may be the one to be laughing at you all in the near future. I’m not sure how some of you that have seen what has been going on in the last 2-3 years and can’t think for a minute an actual doomsday situation could happen.

08-Mar-22
I’m just curious what conspiracy theories some of you are laughing at?

I’m laughing at the probability that something is going to happen that will put us into a SHTF/WROL scenario for six months anytime soon. Short of nuclear holocaust or a meteor hitting the earth, I’m not seeing what the imminent threat is that azelkhuntr is convinced is upon.

08-Mar-22
Countries with GDPs less than Texas are waring, and some of you are stockpiling rice? Seriously?

08-Mar-22
I think it’s naive to believe consequences will always be controlled involving such high stakes. I think it’s also naive to believe the Ukraine situation is going to go away without sone fallout that’s going to affect us all.

That’s just me.

08-Mar-22
"We definitely have one brewing right now and for those of you who are laughing at preppers I guess you forgot Covid wiped out shelves of everything."

If toilet paper is your everything.....

08-Mar-22
the aforementioned EMP is a real possibility. The results of which would be staggering in "developed" nations like ours. I've read a few possibility studies whereby its estimated millions would be dead in the US within a month. Insulin and other drug dependent people wouldn't last long.

Not a prepper by any means, but I know some who are. Even with the measures they've taken it'd end bad. All that said, live your life. Enjoy friends and family. Don't live in fear. Long ago I stopped worrying about things out of my control.

08-Mar-22
If anybody don't see the threat to our nation then you are living in a fantasy. The threat has been going on for many years but it's definitely in full throttle now. I don't think we are in danger of falling to an outside source but we are definitely in danger of collapsing from within.

08-Mar-22
TGBow. The US is mirroring Rome. All constitutional republics have a shelf life, and the fall generally comes when life gets too easy, and the citizens think they have it tough. This country has not only lost its "life toughness", but has morphed to being marshmallow soft.

An interesting Quinnipiac poll came out the other day, asking a huge cross section if we were land invaded like Ukraine, would you stand and fight, or head for the border. The results from various demographics is...telling.

08-Mar-22
DanaC, That book title reads," How To Serve Man"!

08-Mar-22
Yep!...like the Donner party!

08-Mar-22
This from the guy that said Putin wasn't going to go into Ukraine because he was just playing the West...

08-Mar-22
"This from the guy that said Putin wasn't going to go into Ukraine because he was just playing the West..."

It is almost impossible to be incorrect as consistently as he has been. It is impressive really. Blindfolded dart throwing, random number generators, chimps finger painting would all outpace him in their ability to accurately predict the future. Even the Chicago Bears in their worst year held a better record.

08-Mar-22
Well.....I wouldn't go THAT far!

You know how to keep Bears out of your backyard?

Put up GOALPOSTS!!!

08-Mar-22
I wouldn’t call me and mine preppers per se, but it can’t hurt having some self sufficiency in place.

08-Mar-22
I’m ‘ready’, now what?!?

09-Mar-22

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Now you can relax..... it'll all be over soon.....

22-Apr-22
Cool, we need a reset anyways

22-Apr-22
Is AZhunter just that Shawn Magyar fella?

HH

22-Apr-22
Glunt for the win. If my electricity goes out, the solar panel goes on the freezer and I'm set for a year.

23-Apr-22
Will this be worse or about the same as Y2K?

23-Apr-22
You’d think after making about 15 predictions and getting each one of them wrong he might start to doubt his sources.

23-Apr-22
If we only have 8 months, why worry about drawing tags. Hunt whatever you want, whenever you want, screw the fish limits, party like it's 1999! Don't worry, be happy!

23-Apr-22
Aren’t processed foods bad for us anyway?

24-Apr-22

spike78's Link
Interesting all deaths up 40% along with huge increases in ailments. I’m shocked! Eh maybe not.

24-Apr-22
Yes, being prepared for emergencies is good. But if you are unsure of your eternity that should be scary. If you die today do you know where you will spend eternity? Jesus died, paid our debt, and rose victorious over death for all that truly repent and believe and follow Him. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life”. He is the Prince of peace! Knowing that our Creator loves & cares for us gives you peace. These times of troubles will be a speck in time. But eternity is forever. Will there be scoffers? Yes. Will you be persecuted? Yes. God doesn’t promise a perfect flight…just an awesome landing.

24-Apr-22
Meh.

My wife is the descendant of Wendish, Valynian, peasant cannibals. Lots of “food” walking around out there.

Az probably would have a bit of a nutty flavor, but I believe that he said he’s 68, so he’d have to go mainly for burger and stew.

24-Apr-22
I still believe Az is 17 and lives in his single mom's basement, dreams of hunting someday, and spends all his time on hunting forums, posting nonsense he digs up on the interweb. At least he isn't addicted to video games. So something positive there.

24-Apr-22
One of those plants burned down because a plane crashed into the parking lot and exploded. If it wasn’t an accident, it has JFK like attributes. Meaning it had to be a well thought out plan, and the occupants unknowingly paid the price.

24-Apr-22
The end of the world is biblical. It’s gonna happen. No matter if your prepped or not.

But, over the Easter weekend, the world watched a senile octogenarian known as POTUS take orders from a giant Easter bunny. If you STILL think we’re doing just swell as a nation;I want some of what you’re smoking.

24-Apr-22
Nah… an Haut Medoc would be more civilized with a hearty stew and would breath better in the wide bowl of your noggin.

At least that’s the pairing suggested by the resident cannibal.

24-Apr-22

25-Apr-22
So a friend of mine (was) a prepper. Had a below ground bunker stocked with food lots of guns & ammo 2 generators a tanker with 5000 gallons fuel a huge smoker for drying meat & on & on & on. A brain aneurysm killed him at 48. His wife sold the majority of it within 6 months. It was his belief that the economy was destined to collapse & when Washington DC. Baltimore & Philadelphia ran out of food the masses were gonna head to the country looking for food & he was ready to fend them off. A bit extreme perhaps or not ??? I took comfort in having him as a friend

26-Apr-22
Timex I say if you have the money to blow then go for it. But prepping with certain items like canned food, generator, ammo, etc still isn’t a waste of money as you will be able to use it eventually and it lasts for years. Even if the economy doesn’t collapse their is still hurricanes and snow storms that will put that stuff to use.

27-Apr-22
Spike ....I don't feel as my friend did. Not saying it won't happen but I dought it in my lifetime..... but I also never thought ww3 would be a possibility. My friend did not hunt fish or garden & im good at all 3 plus I cann all the above mentioned. I also have a knack for fixing things. Especially keeping old worn out stuff going. I had a place in his compound. But that's over with now.

27-Apr-22
So where are you pulling the statistics from on how many die in the first month? Talk to the dinosaurs recently?

28-Apr-22
This is the guy who said that Russia was never going to invade Ukraine and that Putin was just posturing and playing leverage.

I trust his clairvoyance about as much as anyone else's.

28-Apr-22
We don't need an outside threat to bring us down, we have the biggest enemy to our freedom on Capital Hill. Sad thing is most Americans don't even realize it. People keep waiting for big government to magically solve all our problems when in reality the gov only makes it worse

28-Apr-22
The Bible also says, “You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness.” Exodus 23:1

28-Apr-22
“The Bible also says, “You shall not spread a false report.”

Does it also say that democrats are the deciders when it comes to false reports? They’re claiming themselves as a false god. I think the Bible warns against that as well.

28-Apr-22
I don’t think the specific word “Democrat” is actually in the Bible.

28-Apr-22
I believe the Biblical term for Democrats was "Gomorrahans", because "Sodomites" was already taken.. ;-)

29-Apr-22
If an EMP attack occurs, all car electronics are also zapped. Where are you bugging out to on foot??? Wherever you go they don't have electricity either.

Might as well stay in the relative comfort of home, with more supplies and weaponry than you can ever carry. It's not going to better anywhere else.

29-Apr-22
AZ - I'd rather stay in the Maryland suburbs. 1 mile from Home Depot and Walmart supplies. When that runs out there are local lakes and ponds and parks for wild game.

And if the local banditos come prowling, that is like a Door Dash food delivery by an Uruguayan Rugby team. LOL !!

01-May-22
Yup this food shortage is going to happen and I’m guessing swine flu will miraculously appear as well!

01-May-22
I long for the good old days of Y2K panic by the Doomsday Squad. Az wasn't born then so he doesn't remember how all the "experts" had some sheep stampeding in a major panic. Baaaaaaa. We had a big party that night.

01-May-22
DP gremlins.

01-May-22
Oh this thread is still going? Huh. Figured world ended by now

02-May-22
And Bill Gates miraculously predicted everything and now he is buying up farmland across the U.S. If that doesn’t tell you something nothing will.

02-May-22
I hope the end of the world waits until my Florida vacation is over this month. The tarpon bite has been on fire!

Matt

02-May-22
^^^i’m jealous as could be^^^^

02-May-22
Ain't seen nothing yet .....doesn't take an emt fuel is $560 a gallon where I live. Most road tractor trailers get 5 to 6 mpg plus driver pay plus maintenance. That's well over a dollar a mile to transport everything that's bought in a store. If this gas & fuel situation doesn't get under control soon. Basic living expenses are gonna go through the roof. When poor folks can't afford to feed & clothe their children & themselves it's gonna get ugly.

02-May-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Wife and I caught @30 nice rainbows each on fly rods yesterday, and she caught two good browns as a bonus. All on Midnight Ice balance leeches. I have a good supply tied up in case the SHTF. If the end of the world happens we'll go down slinging. Hopefully that will mean the end of Aznonhntr's tiresome rants and misinformation, but I'm not holding out much hope.

02-May-22
Maybe we should cut off water to Las Vegas, they don't grow $hit.

02-May-22
All the shit talking from Jaq and he has supplies lol.

02-May-22
Seriously, I believe in being prepped for a month here in the mountains. Water source, food, heating and cooking source, ammo, barter materials, medical supplies. Common sense. I'll shoot the first moose that wanders by and can/smoke/dry as much meat as possible to supplement our canned and dried stores. After a month, if things don't stabilize and the crisis is widespread, it will be tooth and claw. No matter how many Ramen noodles and Granny's Patriot Potato Soup packets are in the pantry, it will be day to day, hour by hour survival.

For those who live in town, that's a whole nother ballgame. It will be door-to-door raids and neighborhood militias defending against roving gangs. Might be that way in the mountains too, but the pickins are a lot easier, and denser targets of opportunity in town.

Do I sit around and fret about it? Nope. Out of my control. I go fishing and think positively. Fear and negativity is not a healthy way to live.

03-May-22
Jaq unfortunately some people have nothing else to live for. No different than the Covid doomers. They cheer for shit to fall apart so that they can say “I told ya so!”

03-May-22
Yooper you saw how easily toilet paper was a tough commodity right? I also worked in a grocery store for 7 years and with one snow storm calling for a few inches wiped out our shelves can you imagine when something worse happens? You guys are so naive I feel sorry for you. We have THE perfect storm going on right now. Now imagine if we get a huge wave of Covid this fall to add to it? Yup at worse you can use your prepper stuff so no loss. We shall see

03-May-22

spike78's Link
Avian bird flu now in 32 states killing over 32 million birds. Yup buy and freeze your chickens now.

03-May-22
Preparing for hard times that a president has warned is coming, isn’t wishing something bad to happen. Just do I can tell you as much. It’s being prudent.

We talk among our peers and friends about financial preparation, we live in a way that prepares us for old age if we are blessed to make it there, etc…. But, when people prepare food supplies and ammo they are belittled and scoffed at.

I ain’t worried eitherway. But, I’m setting on a years worth of stored food. If things go bad, I’ll share that appropriately. If they don’t, I’ll not have to buy canned vegetables, salt, curing salt, proteins, flour, beans, rice, and a few other things for a year and a half or so. So, it’s a win win for me to take that threat very seriously. Call ne what you will.

04-May-22
Here I am amused at this post and I find 2 giant cases of Food 4Patriots that my sister ordered to stock in my mom's pantry. I still have the case my dad ordered before he died. I guess if I get into back country camping hunts, I won't have to buy that over priced Mountain House..

12-May-22
I have a theory that if you take a position long enough, it's bound to have some level of accuracy at some point. I just don't worry and move forward each day doing the best that I can and trust God for the things that I don't have control over.

13-May-22
Not sure if you guys have been following the coming diesel shortage but it’s about to get real!

15-May-22
We had a great hike yesterday and caught a bunch of big trout today. Blue sky, dog is sleeping by my feet while I have a beer on the deck and watch hummingbirds at the feeder. Am I supposed to be terrified about something I can't control? Somehow I'm having trouble working up the bile...

Don't worry, be happy! Life is too short.

15-May-22
I am with you Lou. Just finished shooting the bow, sitting with Robin in our screened porch with a beverage enjoying nature.

15-May-22
Actually. There are no food riots. Religious riots yes. The Hindus are plowing the Muslims houses down Very few wheat exports from India to keep food integrity in place. Azul. You qualify for idiot status

Lou and H4w. Yep. Great night Spent the day on the bay removing redfish and trout for dinner. Good times for sure

15-May-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
I finally found a photo of aznonhntr!

15-May-22
That girl looks like her head could spin in a circle!

15-May-22
Az is the Greta Thunberg of the Bowsite. Since they're about the same age, maybe they could hook up and produce a love child who is pissed about both climate change AND the impending right wing doomsday panic, and single handedly save the planet from whatever they imagine is coming to get us. Maybe even have superpowers!

15-May-22
I hid under my bed in 1962 because kids at school told me Cuban soldiers would be invading Cincinnati. I was so relieved when we moved to Colorado a month later - to get further from Cuba.

Then it was the Second Coming, and I was terrified that I would be Left Behind because I had impure thoughts at age 12.

Don't forget Murder Hornets. They are secretly invading our schools, and by next fall they will unleash a fireball of Holy Hell like our educational system has never seen.

15-May-22
The lights and water still worked after Y2K, don’t forget that. Fool me once…

16-May-22
Lou,

Is ‘Murder Hornets’ code for CRT and sexual orientation/proper pronouns training?

Asking for a colleague.

16-May-22
" kids at school told me Cuban soldiers would be invading Cincinnati. "

Looking for the perfect bowl of chili mac, no doubt.

16-May-22
If 1776 happened to todays generations, do you all still think we’d be free? Do you think we are tough enough to fight for the greater good?

I don’t, I think we’ve turned into soft people who only care for themselves.

16-May-22
Our president also warned that the “unvaccinated” we’re in for a winter of death and misery.

Still unvaccinated and I had a great winter. Wasn’t sick once.

16-May-22
Ermine I was fine as well!

20-May-22
I'm sure there will be a pandemic by mid term elections

21-May-22
California Governor is telling us about no fuel or $10 a gallon and the lack of food , and water but yet open borders to millions , I’d call it domestic terrorism from our own Government .

21-May-22
Yep. Times are a Changin’.

21-May-22
Abusing our Civilness

21-May-22
I went to Costco and bought two 1.75s of Jameson. I'm ready for whatever horrors the Bowsite sends my way.

21-May-22
Is it working?

21-May-22
I'm just preparing for the worst. Might bury one in a secret location. I used to do a shot whenever somebody posted on Bowsite about the END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR. But that got expensive. Now I just do a shot whenever someone posts something bowhunting-related, which is only every few days.

21-May-22
Dano, I'm not sure what your incoherent post means, but if you are referencing my hoarding whiskey in case the SHTF, first off, we don't have tax stamps in Colorado. Besides that, I need some hidden in the woods in case the marauding liberal hordes you guys are predicting make it through our barrage of bullets and raid the house, and we have to make a run for it to hide in the woods. At least we will have whiskey.

Guys like you and some others on here take yourselves and your conspiracy terrors soooooo seriously that you have tilted off the edge. You think Alex Jones is a legitimate source of information. You don't understand when someone is yanking your chain.

Az, hate to break this to you, but only women and men with man buns and capri pants drink Chardonnay. Then again, no one has ever seen a photo of you, so I apologize in advance if I totally nailed it!

21-May-22
Well I guess we will see in the next 3-6 months what happens. I know one thing, Biden is not addressing a single issue. And if he is it certainly won’t be effective!

21-May-22
I'm an FJB, but at this point there is very little Biden can do to change things in the next 3-6 months. He isn't going to get any more refineries built, has no control over the Fed and money policy, cant6do anything to loosen up the supply chain issues. This will run its course, ebb and flow, and will eventually level out somewhere.

I feel really bad for people on a truly low fixed income, especially retirees who aren't in a position to go back to work. All that supposed COVID relief money that was printed and went to pork projects could instead be used to subsidize low/fixed income people. But hey, at least they can go hang out in one of the new parks or maybe get installed in one of the new prisons, or pet the robot dogs that are monitoring homeless camps..

22-May-22
Sounds awful. Many of us "boomers" have learned through our many years of life experience, building communities and careers, that things are never as bad as some panic-stricken doomers are obsessing over.

In contrast to Dano's previous post, my looking glass shows a beautiful sunny day with a moose in the yard, a beautiful hunting/fishing wife and dog making breakfast while I get our fishing stuff ready. One of my extra houses is about to sell at the peak, and I can invest that money in a market that will come back and provide a big ROI to offset inflation, which will eventually be dialed back by Fed policies. Republicans will take the House and possibly the Senate (unless they run a bunch of Trump candidates). We will be hunting big game and fishing in multiple states this year.

Politically speaking, there is nothing you or I can do about it except ride along, vote, write letters, and speak up. Obsessing over "what ifs" is toxic and unhealthy, and leads to venting by posting rants on internet forums that influence absolutely no one except your own tiny echo chamber. Seriously, turn off the internet, go outside, breathe some fresh air, and get a life.

BTW, all of us Boomers experienced this during the Carter administration, and somehow, some way, our Republic survived.

And what the hell is a "Maltov" and where are they from? I might want to become one.

22-May-22
Biden says we need to be concerned about the Monkey Pox virus. Just in time for the up coming elections, so hold on, it`s going to be another rough ride lol.

22-May-22
You've got to like the Monkey Pox! I'm with Lou, what are you going to do, hide in your house, or in Joe's case the basement!

22-May-22
Hmmm, WTF? Whoever said I'm a "Never Trumper"? Voted for him twice and would vote for a third time. My point is that you Doomers are so constipated over what you can't control and so obsessed with it that it is screwing up your lives. Give it up. You aren't changing anyone's mind.

22-May-22
Are we sure AZ is not Shawn in another made up personality….SMH

22-May-22
“Joe Biden’s Covid-19 Coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha on Sunday said Americans should be wearing masks while indoors.   Dr. Jha told ABC’s “This Week” host Martha Raddatz that the Biden White House is planning for a fall Covid surge…just in time for the midterm elections. … “

22-May-22
Of course…

22-May-22
I'm not much on politics. I vote R but puke when I do. All I know is when Trump was in, things were rocking. Since dumbf=#k Biden got in, not only has the world went to shit, so has the economy. Sure would be kinda nice to not have to go ANYWHETE and not here people bitching about $$ and how high things have gotten.

I can't hardly even talk to anyone who voted for this idiot.. Rant over.

23-May-22

Old Bow 's embedded Photo
“Of course “

23-May-22
Been Prepping ever since Trump got elected...

It however had nothing to do with politics or the end of the world.

It was to get off the preservatives and pharmaceuticals that were killing me.

Healthy and self sufficient, life is good.

The C@^!$ drama having minimal effect on me was a bonus.

23-May-22

DanaC's Link
More precisely, HIV is close to a virus that infects simians.

"Where Did AIDS Come From?

Scientists have traced the origin of HIV back to chimpanzees and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV), an HIV-like virus that attacks the immune system of monkeys and apes.

In 1999, researchers identified a strain of chimpanzee SIV called SIVcpz, which was nearly identical to HIV. Chimps, the scientist later discovered, hunt and eat two smaller species of monkeys—red-capped mangabeys and greater spot-nosed monkeys—that carry and infect the chimps with two strains of SIV. These two strains likely combined to form SIVcpz, which can spread between chimpanzees and humans."

23-May-22
Is this for real? ??

A study published in February 2022 by the Wuhan Institute of Virology assembled a monkeypox virus genome.....

23-May-22

23-May-22

Some humor

04-Jun-22
Well, if it's up to the "Green Deal" Commie/Dems, it won't matter because we'll be freezing in the dark in our own filth starving to death. There won't be any upcoming generation because the ones that haven't been hacked to pieces by the pro-death crowd will have died from lack of formula.

See what you get with a mail-in President? And what we're in now is just a sideshow. The real debacle is "Coming to your town soon!"

Let's Go Brandon!

05-Jun-22
Damn, my Boy Scout compass will be backward after the pole shift. Fortunately if I get lost, I will have 20 pounds of flour and five pounds of beans in my backpack at all times, so I should be ok until somebody finds me.

05-Jun-22
Don't forget the dried meat Lou! ;-)

05-Jun-22
A 72 hour emergency kit (for each household member) and having 14-30 days of basic necessities (food, water, medicines, fuel, etc.) is a very good idea. Earthquakes, downed power lines, etc. are a very real possibility.

Just like it’s a good idea to be prudent with spending, save as much as you reasonably can, and keep 6 months of living expenses on hand.

None of this is absurd or fear driven. It’s like owning a gun for personal protection or wearing your seatbelt.

But if you think you’re likely to survive a nuclear attack or a massive EMP, because you have two tons of dried beans in an underground shipping container, we’ll, good luck to you.

Based on the average age of Bowsite users, I’m guessing even the best prepared is unlikely to make it much beyond the expiration date of their BP and cholesterol meds.

05-Jun-22
When the magnetic poles reverse, will we all be upside down?

05-Jun-22
Seasons reverse, farmers will have it tough.

05-Jun-22
I’m so ready I can’t stand it…Archery season starts in two months!

06-Jun-22
" Based on the average age of Bowsite users, I’m guessing even the best prepared is unlikely to make it much beyond the expiration date of their BP and cholesterol meds. "

Ouch! But all too true ;-)/2

06-Jun-22
I turned 18 in 71, registered for the draft, high number. Last draft was of guys a year older than me.

PS Never been to Canada, got an invite to go for 'bou this fall. Thinking about it...

06-Jun-22
What if it only tips over halfway? And which way will it tip?. Dang, this is such a conundrum!

06-Jun-22
Ben & DanaC,

" Based on the average age of Bowsite users, I’m guessing even the best prepared is unlikely to make it much beyond the expiration date of their BP and cholesterol meds. " Ouch! But all too true ;-)/2

Since my lifestyle change noted above my cholesterol is down 40 points blood pressure normal and I am off both those medications and pain pills....8^)

06-Jun-22
Hopefully it's big tips. Nothing like a big tip!

07-Jun-22

07-Jun-22
You know I did hear something regarding domestic terrorists…something about Oath Keeper and Proud Boys being charged with sedition. Weren’t you there too Shawn?

07-Jun-22
Yup KS one guy violently sat at a desk and posed for a picture. People should have run for their lives. Jan 6 was much more violent then the riots.

07-Jun-22
“Jan 6 was much more violent then the riots.”

That was sarcasm…right??!

07-Jun-22
Anyone involved in any violent riot should go to jail.

"Threat actors have recently mobilized to violence due to factors such as personal grievances, reactions to current events, and adherence to violent extremist ideologies, including racially or ethnically motivated or anti-government/anti-authority violent extremism," DHS said.“

I guess Shawn didn’t read his own article link.

07-Jun-22
Magnetic North has certainly not changed 10 degrees in Arizona since 2015. I think you will also find that declination is decreasing in Arizona.

There's 60 seconds of my life I will never get back...

08-Jun-22

I can’t help myself…Lol

15-Jun-22
The Jan 6 “insurrection” was so deadly that a man was just sentenced to 45 days in jail for it. If that doesn’t tell you what BS it was then nothing will.

15-Jun-22
Dano, and this is why the WHO is having an emergency meeting for Monkey Pox!

16-Jun-22
Well hell, we've got a mail in fraud for a President. You expected different??

And it's just beginning! Why do you think they want to disarm us?

17-Jun-22
Wow, I haven’t seen any shortages here in pa. Slightly higher prices but nothing like those shelves.

17-Jun-22
Azel. That’s an absolute falsehood

The govt does tell farmers how much of their crops to destroy if they seam they have planted is to great. We get those every few years on our wheat. But never livestock

17-Jun-22
Wuuullll sheeeeeeeeiit!!

RK, are you suggesting that az posted something incorrect that he knows nothing about?

Hmmmm… my world is shaken.

17-Jun-22
lol @ orionsbrother

17-Jun-22
LMAO…So many personalities, they can’t keep track of which handle is which…To the bunker!

17-Jun-22
They, them, pronouns to be used going forward.

17-Jun-22
if any of you are within a reasonable driving distance of the dead cattle, consider doing some broadhead penetration testing and report your findings.

• Sitka Gear