Starfire 11-Mar-22
Scoot 11-Mar-22
t-roy 11-Mar-22
Scoot 11-Mar-22
Scoot 12-Mar-22
sbschindler 13-Mar-22
smarba 14-Mar-22
11-Mar-22
I started out using the bigger 125's but the smaller 100's seem to shoot a little better. Will I miss the wider cut and how do the smaller ones work on putting down the birds. What is everyone's preference?

11-Mar-22
If your bow is tuned really well the 125s will fly great. Both will work great but I love the 125s.

11-Mar-22
I like the extra challenge, so I only shoot the narrower 100 grains ;-)

I’ve never tried the 125s, and have had great luck with the 100s. I’ve killed around 12-15 birds with them, and only had one bad experience with them. I hit a longbeard right at the base of the neck, with what I would have thought should be a killing shot. One of the blades broke off and the arrow bounced straight back, which would indicate a solid hit, not a glancing blow, IMO. It almost knocked the tom off his feet, but he staggered back a few steps, then simply walked off with the other Tom he was with.

11-Mar-22
T, I once saw Ryan do the same thing. He hit the bird ever so slightly too low. I also had Morgan hit a tom perfectly in the center of the neck. Unfortunately, the center "button" of the bullhead hit the center of the neck. With her low poundage rig it wasn't enough to do the job. Most adult's bows would have been fine, but not her "kid's bow"

12-Mar-22

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of the shot I was referring to. 125 or 100 wouldn't have mattered on this one- woulda been the same result.

13-Mar-22

14-Mar-22
I shoot 125 for all BH anyway, but definitely like the added cutting diameter of the 125 Bullhead.

• Sitka Gear