B2K 16-Mar-22
Phil/VA 17-Mar-22
EmbryOklahoma 17-Mar-22
Shiloh 17-Mar-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 17-Mar-22
wytex 17-Mar-22
LINK 17-Mar-22
13-Mar-22
What are your favourite marinade recipes?

13-Mar-22
What for? Steaks? Jerky? Deer?

We are partial to McCormicks brown sugar&bourbon seasoning for our venison steaks. Also learned last summer from a friend to dredge those venison cuts in pancake flour and fry them in butter. This is a super close second favorite in our house. I have several marinades used in jerky. One of our favorites is PS seasonings out of PA. The cracked pepper and garlic is fantastic.

13-Mar-22
Steaks and roasts.

13-Mar-22
3 parts olive oil 1 part Worcestershire 1 part soy 1 part lemon juice Buncha minced garlic Cracked pepper

Then salt (don’t under salt!) and pepper meat prior to cook.

This is our favourite for loins, t-loins and steak!

13-Mar-22
Garlic olive oil with Montreal steak seasoning rubbed on meat after oil application. Very simple and tasty.

13-Mar-22
Olive oil, Worstershire, Garlic, salt, pepper and Clark's seasoning from Clarks meats in Riverton, WY.

Clark's is amazing. Our friend group uses it on about everything.

13-Mar-22
I don't marinade, but have brother-in-law who likes to use Italian Dressing?

13-Mar-22
I like a good teriyaki. Our store has a good pinapple teriyaki marinade. Salty, glazes/carmalizes well on the grill, very good for kabob pieces.

14-Mar-22
In a ziplock -soy sauce, garlic (powdered or minced), rosemary, basil, oregano, black pepper. Add meat and squeeze out the excess air. If grilling, marinating for 3-4 hours is plenty.

14-Mar-22
Montreal Steak Seasoning or Tones Steak seasoning. 1 tbs seasoning, 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs water, 1 tbs red wine vinegar mixed per pound of venny. Very good.

14-Mar-22

Mule Power's Link
For that I use Black Nugget from Con Yeager Spice Company. The bomb!

15-Mar-22
italian salad dressing is my favorite. I generally use the cheap great value brand from walmart.

Here's what works best for me. I lay out the steaks and sprinkle them with Adolf tenderizor on both sides. Let that soak in for 10 minutes or so. Then I put them in a tub or ziplok with just enough Italian dressing to coat the meat. Put in the fridge for several hours. Just before cooking, I spread them out and sprinkle one side with the Montreal seasoning. I cook the steaks hot and fast, searing both sides. If you don't over cook them they are still moist and tender. I think I'll have some backstrap tonight.

15-Mar-22
Olive oil rub, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, splash of soy sauce, splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Perfect.

15-Mar-22
Usually just salt, pepper, and garlic. But I have used half soy, half worcestershire, pepper, and garlic. Soy Veh, it's a Kosher brand, makes a few good marinades/sauces.

16-Mar-22
Olive oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar (~1tbsp), lots of fresh garlic. Use this on whole pieces of backstrap and be sure to slice thin! Serve with a side of horseradish to dip it in!

17-Mar-22
4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning

17-Mar-22
For steaks… splash of Dales and Montreal steak seasoning.

Roast… I’ll use Lipton onion soup mix and splash on some Montreal steak seasoning on it too. Then, I pour about 16 oz of a freshly brewed coffee in it. One of the best roasts I’ve eaten.

17-Mar-22
Following along here. Would love to have ideas on a seasoning or marinade that you don't have to keep a gallon of water by the bed at night after you eat. As I get older I am liking less and less salt!! I have venison strap laid out for supper, so I'm all ears.

17-Mar-22
A good one is a garlic and herb rub. Any brand. I usually find them at home goods, tj maxx etc. my wife says she goes there to get the “rub” but she really goes to max out the credit card. The rub just gets bought along with everything else

17-Mar-22
My Santa Maria rub. red oak smoked sea salt and cracked, mixed peppercorns. About 2.5 / 1 salt to smoked peppercorns dried garlic dried crushed onion flakes dried, crushed guajillo chile flakes

17-Mar-22
For roast my wife used quite a bit of butter and a pack of Lipton onion soup mix. For steaks I use salt and pepper.

• Sitka Gear