Charlie Rehor 20-Mar-22
spike buck 20-Mar-22
Charlie Rehor 20-Mar-22
Bake 20-Mar-22
spike buck 20-Mar-22
CFMuley 20-Mar-22
Dale06 20-Mar-22
16-Mar-22
ITS OFFICIAL.....Pre arrival tests to get into Canada ends at end of month!! CBC NEWS.

16-Mar-22
That’s good now they need to end vaccine passport to get into Canada that’s hurting everyone.

16-Mar-22
Awesome!

16-Mar-22
Best news I've heard in sometime

16-Mar-22
Fantastic.

16-Mar-22
So we have to be vaccinated to cross into Canada?

Haven’t been up there since I was a kid and I owe my wife a bear hunt. Fine with me, if I can fish while I’m there.

16-Mar-22
I wonder if you'll still need the arriveCAN app or just the proof of vaccination card?

16-Mar-22
an announcement will be made soon on particulars such as arrive cann app

16-Mar-22
I have a feeling the Arrive Can app is here to stay. It may even help speed up crossing times.

16-Mar-22
I just read that the Arrive Can App will stay.

16-Mar-22
That's awesome news! Heading to BC to chase some bears in the kootneys in may!

16-Mar-22
nice deal!

17-Mar-22
g5smoke21 that will be awesome I was up there hiking two years ago in June saw so many bear

17-Mar-22
This is good news, hopefully its the beginning of the end of the mandates.

17-Mar-22
Halfway there now. Like Alexis said, they just need to drop the vaccine requirement next.

17-Mar-22
April 1rst we are off again to the States. Saves us $150.00 US as no test needed to get back in to Canada. Got Bear Bait to get.

17-Mar-22
This "heads up" is very much appreciated Spike, thanks.

17-Mar-22
Great news! Thanks for the update

17-Mar-22
Hmm, I'm going to Canada March 28. Guess I still need a test.

17-Mar-22
Yea it's an awesome place. Same outfitter and guide that I did my goat hunt with. Beautiful area

17-Mar-22
I figured something was up… I got pinged with some Canadian department of tourism type ads this morning…

17-Mar-22
If you fly into Canada you are still subject to a random test. But do not have to quarantine during the wait for results. Usually results are ready after you are back home again.

17-Mar-22
Just got notice that a border agent might select a person crossing by land and air for a random test. So even if you are crossing a land border, you may be selected for a random test. Do not have to quarantine during wait for results.

17-Mar-22
At least we won’t have to spend $150 to get a test 72 hours before we get to the border. And hope the lab gets the results before we get there. It’s a step in there right direction.

18-Mar-22
What about after the hunt? Do you need a test to leave Canada?

18-Mar-22
No testing to leave Canada... but have to be vaccinated to cross into the USA. They, US border agents, looked at our vaccine papers when we crossed for Sports shows last month. Bring your papers or vaccine cards with you on your trip. Even though you have to download your vaccine info onto your Arrive Can App, they (Canadian Agents ), still want you to have your vaccine card on your person in case asked for. Arrive Can App will still ask for quarantine info. Use your outfitters address. Outfitter will have a quarantine plan for its guest.

18-Mar-22
When you fill out your arrive can app, they will ask you to put into app your arrival time at the border. When the agent swipes your passport, your arrive can app info will instantly show up in front of them on their screen. If you put your info correctly into your app, it will be a breeze for the person, especially if you are a bowhunter who does not have to do paperwork for guns.

18-Mar-22
You can put your group onto one arrive can app, as you will all be staying together while in Canada. When we crossed back into Canada, we had to use separate app's as we had separate households.

Downside of all using the same app for all is that when one has covid, all on the same app have to quarantine.

19-Mar-22
great info thanks chris

20-Mar-22
Regarding the time submitted on the Arrivecan app...given I have a 22 hour drive, how important is the time to be accurate? Anyone know? When you count all the stops, it would be hard to guess even within an hour I would think.

20-Mar-22
spike: So if I fly from the US to Saskatchewan then a week later fly from Saskatchewan to the US I no longer need a test? Just proof of vaccination. Correct?

20-Mar-22
They want accurate time of arrival... what we did was stopped about 2 hours from the border and submitted the time. We were just a bit early and there was no problem. ***Charlie, to fly into Canada, once you arrive at the Airport in Canada, no pre test needed. But you could be picked for a random test. According to the other thread, (Trucker Protest Thread) a poster (Whatthefoc) put up the requirements for flying back into the USA. *** It says you will need to have a pre test before getting onto plane. *** It was updated info as of March 18th.

20-Mar-22
So basically no change if you’re flying. Thx

20-Mar-22
I just crossed about 4 hours ago. By land at Pembina in North Dakota. Came back into the states. No test required. They didn’t ask for my vaccine card or anything. Really smooth sailing

I entered Canada on the 18th. Super smooth. Passport was all they wanted to see

20-Mar-22
Bake... Still have to be prepared for them to ask for your vaccine info as it is required to have on your person to enter US. We travelled with 2 vehicles across Int Falls Mn. Our vehicle they did not ask for vaccine info. Other vehicle behind us had to produce proof of vaccines. When they swipe your passport your arrive cann app info shows instantly on their screen.

20-Mar-22
It’s crazy they require proof of vaccine to re enter the US from Canada. I’ve spent the last 4 months guiding in Sonora. I’ve driven in and out of Mexico numerous times, and haven’t been asked for any vaccine info on either side of the border.

20-Mar-22
CF, to many people illegally crossing southern border to enforce vaccine.

• Sitka Gear