kota-man 17-Mar-22
Shrewski 17-Mar-22
Pat Lefemine 17-Mar-22
woodguy65 18-Mar-22
Bowfreak 18-Mar-22
scndwfstlhntng 22-Mar-22
bigwoodsbucks22 22-Mar-22
17-Mar-22
Ok looking to get a Sitka set this year. Was thinking fanatic lite …. I hunt in mass and northern Pa/Southern NY. However I’m left handed and run fairly warm. Will the light be comfortable for me being a lefty? I know the “fanatic” comes in left handed version… was hoping to make 1 suit do it all. With just additional under layers when the temps drop… thanks for the help!

17-Mar-22
Yes it will be fine. I am a lefty and hunted with lite last year with no problems.

17-Mar-22
What’s your set up if you don’t mind?? My temps typically December are 15-40 sometimes colder. Not usually to too windy

17-Mar-22
I wouldn’t be warm in those temps in the Lite. Those are perfect temps for me for the regular Fanatic.

17-Mar-22
Best (in a budget and versatile way) all around piece (s) you can buy in Sitka for Midwest/Eastern deer hunting is the Stratus. Very easy to layer under that to make it basically a Fanatic or more.

Or less.

17-Mar-22
Agree, if I only could afford one system it would be the stratus. Get the bibs rather than the pants. You can always add a fanatic vest.

18-Mar-22
I Live in Illinois - you want the regular fanatic if hunting in Dec/Jan. LH versions are hard to find .

18-Mar-22
Stratus set is perfect for you. I used to run warm but after two baby aspirin a day I don't. The Stratus works great for me with layering.

I also plan to add the Fanatic vest for cold temps.

22-Mar-22
I tend to be cold , so last season I finally broke down and got the Fanatic coat. I don’t know if they still make left handed and did get the standard coat for right handed shooters. I am left handed but shoot longbow so not so tight to the chest on my draw and release. I had no problem with the coat in that regard. The warmth was a comfortable step up from multiple layers of wool although I still had several layers of silk, wool, and it was good but not fantastic into the 30s. I just bought the aero lite vest as an under layer for next season. Overall, you will not be disappointed.

22-Mar-22
Stratus is definitely the most versatile. Good from 60 degrees to 20 degrees with proper layering.

• Sitka Gear