SteveB 27-Mar-22
24-Mar-22

BULELK1's Link
All species, weapons and hunt dates.

See my link, starts about page 4 with Deer----->

Ya Gotta Believe!

Good luck, Robb

24-Mar-22
That’s depressing. They keep pulling NR tags out of my unit and adding resident tags. I believe another scouting trip is in order and next year I will get out of the Utah elk business.

24-Mar-22
My antelope unit didn't change, so I still have better "odds" for a speedgoat in UT than anything in NM as a resident...

24-Mar-22
Bummer. I see they cut archery tags and added a crapload of rifle tags in the elk unit we applied for.

25-Mar-22
Hang in there SteveO

I hope ya draw HDE, I do those Photo/Scouting trip threads over the years for guys/gals that can't come out to the Rockies for scouting trips, so if ya draw and need some scouting help, reach out and unless fuel is crazy high $$, I always never charge anything for doing this type option.

Next year we all will know tag numbers before we apply Jason

I went 'Back To The Future' on my D-Ram unit this year and the #'s stayed the same. It as my original unit of choice for like 5-6 years after I drew my Mnt. Goat tag and started on Desert Ram. I just need my D-Ram tag/harvest and I will have all the OIL species on my T-Room Wall--------->

Good luck, Robb

25-Mar-22
BULELK1, I drive through my antelope unit fairly "often" and have hunted it before so I already know where to start. It would be a plus to draw this year for sure.

26-Mar-22
Good for you!

Enjoy,

Robb

26-Mar-22
I agree with you that have reach out to me about the Wasatch unit tag #'s.

It basically is a General unit with all those tags and hunt dates plus toss in the Spike hunters too

Sorry------->

Robb

26-Mar-22
Thanks Robb. Yes it's getting much tougher for a NR to draw an elk tag. Besides the Wasatch unit, there were only 40 other NR archery bull tags across all the other units. And there were just shy of 20000 NR applicants in the elk draw. Glad I've been saving points....might actually get to hunt bull elk in your state one of these years!

26-Mar-22
Just remember these are recommended numbers from DWR biologists…. Wildlife Board may or may not approve of these proposals. Don’t ask me why Wildlife board gets final say. It is political wildlife management at its finest.

27-Mar-22
True that Greg! It's getting tougher and tougher to draw as applicants just keep increasing and high point holders are coming off the bench to finally apply in any given year.

+1 Jim, every now and then they do change a tag amount, I know they get big time input on any Doe deer tags!

Good luck, Robb

27-Mar-22
"It is political wildlife management at its finest."

This. Look at their reasoning behind implementing a trail camera season. Zero data to back up their logic....

27-Mar-22
Screwed again. They dropped the extra (3rd) archery tag in the Book Cliffs. Only had it for one year last year. I just don’t get it. At least next year they tell us in advance.

• Sitka Gear