bumpinblaze4x4 29-Mar-22
WV Mountaineer 29-Mar-22
molsonarcher 29-Mar-22
26-Mar-22

00rowe's embedded Photo
00rowe's embedded Photo
00rowe's embedded Photo
00rowe's embedded Photo
Found this buck dead last gun season in my field. I found a left side shed 2 years ago and a right side shed last year. They were both fresh when I found them. Do you guys think it's the same buck?

If so, just very little growth from 2-3 and a much bigger jump from 3-4? This is central Mn. Thanks

26-Mar-22
No way to tell. 8 points are a dime a dozen around here, and they all look the same til age 4.

26-Mar-22
The top pic looks like it could be. Kinda hard to see in the pic, but both burrs look to have similar bumps in the same spot.

26-Mar-22
Could be, no one will call you on it. Its your story. Sad you didnt get him, looks nice.

27-Mar-22
Top pic i could see it, but botyom pic is questionsble. I agree with Thornton on 8pt being tough to tell. I have quite a few deer that dont do much from 2-3 but make a big jump from 3-4, so that isnt uncommon, at least in my area. I most often see it on the years we have beans planted instead of corn. My experience is the deer always seem to do better growing when the corn is planted.

Wish you coulda killed him, instead of finding him like that.

27-Mar-22
Thanks for the replies. Neighbors put 2 nice shots thru the guts on him. It's tough to get deer with any age here, so makes it even worse when they die like that.

29-Mar-22
I would say yes based on the pictures; the beam curl and brow tine curve looks identical to me, at least on the right side.

29-Mar-22
Molson, in my limited experience, I do believe a deer is just like a human. In that when carbs are restricted for a long while, muscle apathy severely hurts over all health.

So, it makes sense to me that a deer with planted corn, will achieve better growth then a protein rich diet deficient of adequate carbohydrates.

29-Mar-22
Thanks WV. It’s just an observation from where I mainly hunt, so might be nothing, but at least there, it’s a thing.

• Sitka Gear