bowbender77 04-Apr-22
Screwball 04-Apr-22
Bou'bound 05-Apr-22
SIP 05-Apr-22
Pop-r 05-Apr-22
8point 05-Apr-22
spike buck 06-Apr-22
04-Apr-22
I left the house this morning at 6:30 and returned at 9:15, when I returned home, I noticed tracks in my driveway that weren't there when I left (2 inches of fresh snow last night).

I could see where 2 timber wolves chased a deer up my driveway. The deer and one of the wolves ran with-in about 15 feet of my attached garage. The other wolf veered off about 50 yards prior to my garage, ran through the woods then resumed the tracks about 50 yards on the other side of my garage.

With all the snow and cold, the poor damn deer are really struggling this year here in north-central MN. Last week I had 2 fawns in my yard eating pine needles - that kind of tells you how bad it is.

I sure hope the deer made it.

04-Apr-22
My buddy guides bear hunters in unit 46-I help him out quite a bit. We have never seen so many wolves as we have in the last few years-and they are getting more and more brazen. I guess this is what happens when there is no hunting pressure.

04-Apr-22
I decided to follow the tracks to see if they got the deer. 100 yards from my garage 3 more wolves joined the chase ......... 5 wolves - 1 deer ...... no chance for the deer.

04-Apr-22

Basil's embedded Photo
Basil's embedded Photo
Trail cam pics from Minnesota. Between the wolves, tough winters & DNR mismanagement deer numbers have plummeted in NE Minnesota.

04-Apr-22
SSS

04-Apr-22
Wolves are just machines when running in snow. It's hard to believe any deer survive them, but they must.

04-Apr-22

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Sorry about the poor quality, this pic is a snapshot off a trail cam video. Although this pic only shows 5, there were actually 6 wolves. I couldn't get all 6 in one snapshot.

I put my cameras out end of July - Checked them when I returned from my elk hunt. I had wolves on multiple cameras almost every day during all of August and most of September.

04-Apr-22
Oh, that pic is 150 yards from my house. They have absolutely no fear humans.

04-Apr-22
I feel for anybody that has to live with wolves or grizzle bears

Our early settlers figured out the benefits of getting rid of both of them.

I’d hate to think of a world without either but they need serious management

04-Apr-22
Jeeze. But I bet there’s “no wolf problem” right?

04-Apr-22
Time for some SSS management.

04-Apr-22
Quinn, I would but I'm too much of a chicken of getting caught. I only have 15 acres, surrounded by public land, with my luck a blood trail would come right back to my property.

I used to see 20 to 30 deer every afternoon on my neighbors property, now if I see 3 or 4 its a good evening.

Between the pro-wolfers and the MN DNR miss-management, lucky to have any deer left !!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-Apr-22

spike buck's embedded Photo
MN Trail Cam
MN Trail Cam
Mn Trail Cam
Mn Trail Cam
Looks like a Coyote

04-Apr-22
Same old same old. People complaining, based on good common sense. And, the powers that be refuse to listen to those living amongst these predators.

It’s a pretty simple concept. Never in the history of mankind has humans begged their government for fair representation. And, never has there been a time that those phrases have been so ignored. But, the gooberment has done well. Everyone seems to be afraid to act sensibly in the best interest of what’s right.

My dad taught me that helping people is a good thing. But, before you even bat an eye to do so, they have to be willing to help themselves.

04-Apr-22

No Mercy's Link
It seems like once the wolves take over a bear bait, the bears don’t come back. Geeee-I wonder why. Check out this video! We only use trail mix and candy for bait-zero meat.

04-Apr-22

bowbender77's embedded Photo
bowbender77's embedded Photo

04-Apr-22
That's a coyote

05-Apr-22
timberwolves will beat the bucks most times.

05-Apr-22
Not ur best…

05-Apr-22
Xylitol

05-Apr-22
Remember when there was a big flap about the possibility of shoot remotely from your computer? Maybe that concept should be revisited what with camera access with cell phones. Just think of how interesting Inshart's post could have turned out.

06-Apr-22

Collared Wolves in MN. Voyageurs National Park Wolf project 2021, which studies the Wolves movement in Northern MN.

• Sitka Gear