Dale06 16-Apr-22
Oryx35 17-Apr-22
jerrynocam 17-Apr-22
Pop-r 17-Apr-22
Pop-r 17-Apr-22
DonVathome 18-Apr-22
wytex 18-Apr-22
16-Apr-22
Am I too late to book a guided Elk bow hunt for this year?

I’ve called a few Outtfitters and so far that’s the case.

Any suggestions?

16-Apr-22
Forestbows

16-Apr-22
DIY? Just you or a big party? What states are you considering? I might have room. What's your story?

16-Apr-22

FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
FORESTBOWS 's embedded Photo
I'm booked for 2022 Archery. Bow site guys have filled me up! I'm about 50-60% booked for 2023. Yall have been very good to me, and I'm going to work as hard as I can to make your hunt the best.

16-Apr-22
That’s a nice bull.

16-Apr-22
Great to hear how well its worked out for you Forest! And the partner guiding you!

16-Apr-22
Do your home work, if you don't you will be back here next year crying about how bad you got ripped off.

16-Apr-22
I don't know who's better looking? Forest or the the bull?

16-Apr-22
Eduda, have you ever bowhunted elk before? If not, you should book a hunt for 2023 with Forestbows now, while there are still spots available, then pick up an OTC archery elk tag in UT for cow/spike and get some experience (and maybe even your first archery elk), so that you’ll be ready next fall to maximize your opportunity.

16-Apr-22
Forrest that’s a hell of a elk for an OTC unit

16-Apr-22
I killed a cow on a semi guided hunt in Craig Co in 2020. Looking to get one with some head gear.

16-Apr-22
I'll guarantee you can find one. But make sure you know why they still have open spots and it is not because they suck. When you do find one don't be so happy that you found something that you don't check references and do your due diligence.

If you have some freedom in your schedule you might talk to some places and see if you could get in on a cancelation hunt if they have one open up.

16-Apr-22
As some others have said, I’d be real careful booking this late. The place I go is booked, and was booked full last fall. The hunters each year have first shot at next year.

17-Apr-22
With all of the land owner tags, I'm sure you can find a solid hunt in New Mexico. I can provide a couple of leads if needed.

17-Apr-22
You could try contacting Bowhunting Safari Consultants. It cost you nothing to use their service and they are great to work with. They send me emails a couple of times a year with cancelled/discounted hunts. If they don’t have any open dates I’ll bet they would put you on list to contact you if they get a cancellation.

17-Apr-22
Plenty of opportunity left for this year. It's all about money.

17-Apr-22
Rocky is dead on.

18-Apr-22
Your best use of money, by far, is drawing a tag or buying a LO tag. Until you have seen it first hand you cannot imagine the difference in a good draw tag vs OTC.

There is a reason good LO tags sell for $8,000 (and MUCH higher) and are nearly impossible to find. There are no secrets and public OTC honey holes are extremely few and far between.

Get in shape, learn calling basics and know hunting elk is NOTHING like whitetail deer. Then spend every extra $$$$ of a LO tag (apply to - if you draw then your hunt is a lot cheaper).

18-Apr-22
Leftover cow license in Wyoming, DIY ?

• Sitka Gear