JohnMC 06-Sep-22
bigeasygator 06-Sep-22
Bowbender 06-Sep-22
Orion 06-Sep-22
bigeasygator 06-Sep-22
Cazador 11-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
19-Apr-22
Check your email for CO sheep and Mt goat results. The expected 0 for 2 here for the 10th straight year.

19-Apr-22
We got the same record!

19-Apr-22
Dang I drew a goat tag! Just kidding LOL probably should stick to the lottery

19-Apr-22
i have never drawn in colorado for anything. still nothin

19-Apr-22
0-2 here

19-Apr-22
It's not even fun anymore... Ed F

19-Apr-22
nothing here

19-Apr-22
Did people expect any different when CPW opened the flood gates a couple years ago.

19-Apr-22
They screwed the dedicated... looks like they are gonna hit us again soon. I've been in the game for 25+ years... Ed F

19-Apr-22
Lol so much bitterness. I know 2 people that drew ram tags.

19-Apr-22
Heard someone got some good news today!

19-Apr-22
What a day. If anybody has the scoop on S09 I would love to buy a beer or three for ya!

19-Apr-22
This is a little depressing, but think of the guys say in the next 10 years that pass away and the point portfolios that are gonna get buried with them. Talk about throwing good to the bad!!!!!!

19-Apr-22
Yooper89, Ermine killed a good ram in there a couple years ago. Scouting is key for that unit.

19-Apr-22
No luck for me.

19-Apr-22
Holy sheep!! I drew my first choice ram tag!!! I can’t believe it! WOOHOO!!!

Matt

19-Apr-22
yup - didn't get lucky in CO,,,

19-Apr-22
Damn GG are you serious??? Maybe I can tag along, I wasn’t as fortunate.

19-Apr-22
Make it count GG. Congrats

19-Apr-22
I’m still in shock. It’s the same tag I drew 15 years ago. Long story, and one of the best hunts I’ve had, but didn’t result in a kill. At 60, this will likely be my last chance to kill the species I’ve dreamed about my whole life. I’ve got a lot of work to do to get in sheep shape.

Matt

19-Apr-22
No CO sheep tag for me, but I’m not too worried with OTC Dalls :)

19-Apr-22

19-Apr-22

squirrel's embedded Photo
squirrel's embedded Photo
Dammit. Another goat tag for her highness. And with last year’s tasty goat still prevalent in the freezer from my adventure in g5. This makes our ninth (6/3) since we started dating and she applied to get a proposal . Who knows what she’ll expect in return for letting me go with her on this trip…

19-Apr-22
Congrats, what unit GG?

19-Apr-22
The best one. :-)

19-Apr-22
Congratulations Grey Ghost and Yooper! Just points here. Oh well New Mexico is gonna give me a Valle Vidal elk tag tomorrow so that should help take the sting out of the rejection.

19-Apr-22
GG, I got lots of great info and have been on a few recent hunts in that unit. Hunted it twice and helped on 3 other hunts. I'll be sure to send it to you.

19-Apr-22
Been guiding in Colorado since 1987, started applying in 1989, finally get to have the tag in my pocket! The best archery tag in the State!

19-Apr-22
Hell yaI! This is the shit that keeps old men young. I won’t care if I don’t kill, the trying will be worth it.

19-Apr-22
Congrats Matt, that's incredible!

19-Apr-22
Unbelievable, just learnedI drew the sole archery ram tag on Pikes Peak this year! November rut hunt at 13,000 ft, yeah buddy!!!

19-Apr-22
I will be on the mountain with ya yooper! I drew 09 as well. I’m not familiar with the area as I didn’t expect to draw the tag for another 20 years. My diet and training officially changes tomorrow morning. Good luck to all!

19-Apr-22
Holy crap! Apparently everyone drew a tag but me! Congrats guys!

20-Apr-22
Wow, that’s a damn good result for Bowsite guys! Congrats to all of you. Can’t wait to hear about your hunts.

20-Apr-22
Congrats boys. Very exciting news.

20-Apr-22
Congrats yooper89 & Matt-------------->

Keep us Posted,

Robb

20-Apr-22
Expecting lots of Bowsite recaps, boys! Congrats to all who drew!

20-Apr-22
Yep, expect lots of pictures and stories this fall.

20-Apr-22
Congratulations to the tag winners! No sheep or goat for me or the boy this year…

20-Apr-22
Congrats boys!

I drew as well, S32. Still a bit stunned and already enjoying the ride.

20-Apr-22
Congrats, guys. zero for me...again

20-Apr-22
DAMN! We are gonna have some great stories this fall! I absolutely love the sheep stories!

GG... get your corn out early. :)

20-Apr-22
My card got hit!!!!

For $100 per preference point.... I must have missed the fine print and the cost change a couple years ago, last time I applied it was $10 total... Lesson learned, never applying to CO for the big 3 again.

20-Apr-22
Congrats everyone!

20-Apr-22
Boggs it’s my understanding that if you don’t choose to receive an additional point if you don’t draw, you won’t get charged that $100.

20-Apr-22
Still in disbelief. Been about 24 hours and no one has called to tell me they messed up. So it appears I’ll be Yooper and HuntFreak’s nonres competition this year.

20-Apr-22
Congratulations to all who drew! I remember very fondly the shock, disbelief, and excitement when I got the notice last year.

Ramhunter - sent you a pm!

20-Apr-22
Yooper, that is correct. I'm sitting at like 1 or 2 points for each of those species, so I'll never draw. I just forgot about the $100 charge per preference point.

20-Apr-22
Dang I drew a goat tag! Just kidding LOL probably should stick to the lottery

20-Apr-22
Going to be fun following along with all of these hunts. This is the kind of stuff Bowsite was in need of!

20-Apr-22
To all you guys looking forward to hearing about all these sheep and goat hunts in the fall. I just want to tell you how disappointed I am that I won't be able to share a goat hunt with you. I was really hoping I'd get the chance.

20-Apr-22
Relationships are tough squirrel! Have fun!

20-Apr-22
Congrats to all the winners. A good amount of bowsiters will be chasing rams! Best of luck and please post your adventures on here for us to follow along with.

20-Apr-22
Going to be fun following along with all of these hunts. This is the kind of stuff Bowsite was in need of!

20-Apr-22
Boggs,

Pay the preference point fees until you get to 3 and then just apply every year. "technically" you're not in the draw until you have 3 points. Plenty of people draw with 3 + 0 points and it doesn't cost you the NR preference point fees.

20-Apr-22
Congrats to those that drew!!

20-Apr-22
Congrats Steed and Todd B. and everyone else who drew a tag.

20-Apr-22
Congratulations Todd et all. No love for me.

20-Apr-22
Congrats to all who drew!

This PA boy will be looking forward to some great hunt recaps and pictures.

20-Apr-22
Hey guys,

The last time I drew a sheep tag, the CPW had previous year's kill locations recorded on maps. A current tag holder could research that info at the Denver CPW office. I was told that information is no longer available, and now they just disclose the drainage where the kill was reported, which is rather vague. Can any of you confirm this? I tried to call the CPW office today, but got put on an eternal hold pattern, so I hung up.

Thanks,

Matt

20-Apr-22
True only drainages. There is a map company that sells maps with kill locations. I forgot the company but I'd bet they can still print with the GPS kill sites up to the point they stopped that a few years ago. I don't remember the map company name though. Or post the unit someone likely has it that would share.

20-Apr-22

JohnMC's Link
see link -Huntdata maps buddy had one a few years ago good maps.

20-Apr-22
Don’t ask him to do that John

20-Apr-22
Grey Ghost - pm sent

20-Apr-22
Grey Ghosts unit is super secret. I offered to help him with recent hunt intel on the “best unit” but he was still tight lipped.

Too bad I was going to put in next year for his unit and draw the tag with 100% odds.

Kidding aside, I hope he does well and no side by sides, scouters, spotters or hikers ruin it for him.

21-Apr-22
Good for you otcWill!

I put many a mile on my boots and llama packstring in S-32 Ram/G-7 Mnt. Goat and unit 39 overlap elk/deer.

Have fun and keep us up to date man------------>

Good luck, Robb

21-Apr-22
Quinn maybe he's embarrassed because he ate the tag the first time in "the best unit"

21-Apr-22
^^^For sure! Classy post, Orion.

22-Apr-22
Badda Bing,,,drew S-6 second rifle Ram!. Killed a 13 YO ram in there in 2004 but much has changed since then they use to give out like 10 tags a years for ram and now its two. Word on the playground is lots less animals but maybe the lower tag numbers might give a ram to add some years. Not too far away from me for scouting and know the country pretty well. It kicked my ass 18 years ago!!! but excited. Thought my chances to hunt sheep again were over.

22-Apr-22
Congrats Adventurewriter! I drew the S06 archery tag last year. The guy who had your tag last year got a really nice 7/8 ram but I don't know what it scored. If I can help with any more recent info on the unit, shoot me a message.

22-Apr-22

KHunter's Link
All you lucky sheep and goat hunters should register and join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society annual Rendezvous June 11th. No better place to get connected with hundreds of sheep fanatics and previous hunters as you start your scouting and scheming!

Also considering becoming an RMBS member to help our mission to put more sheep (and goats) on the mountain.

23-Apr-22
Congrats to all that drew! Exciting time of the year

26-Apr-22
Had dinner and beers on April 16 with 5 folks who applied for sheep. Out of the 5 of us, 2 drew. Thinking its chicken wings again before the moose draw. And a best buddy's wife also drew a rifle tag for ram. Rams down this fall hopefully.

02-Jun-22
There are a couple great Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society events to meet and discuss your hunt with previous hunters.

The first is the annual RMBS Rendevous event. Get signed up quick as it happens next weekend June 10-11 https://www.bighornsheep.org/rendezvous

Lucky Sheep and goat tag holders should join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9.

2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet When: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew sothat we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.

Hard to beat hanging out with hundreds of experience sheep and goat nuts when you have a tag still with wet ink on it! Come join us.

Kirby RMBS Board Member and lucky previous holder for 5 Colo sheep/goat tags

02-Jun-22
Of course I’m on shift all days for the RMBS meet and greets/rendezvous!

02-Jun-22
Congrats to all that drew! S9 boys better be in shape!!

Good luck

17-Aug-22
GG must be tagged out and holding back the details with all the posting on here lately. Let’s see him!

17-Aug-22
Last I heard his truck was having issues

17-Aug-22
Yeah an interior dash light or something? Sounded kind of serious.

17-Aug-22
I think GG has posted on every bowsite thread except any thread related to sheep hunting! I know a lot of guys sell their stories to magazines. Maybe he can’t post about it if it’s going to be published. Of course this is all assumptions…

04-Sep-22
Any news on this? Did GG hunt? Was his EBike a “game changer”?

05-Sep-22
Nick - GG didn't divulge the unit or the weapon but I suspect it's a rifle tag. Most of the rifle units open tomorrow and some not until October. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if he wants to fill us in.

05-Sep-22
Secrets.

05-Sep-22
Wow, I’m flattered by your interest in my hunt!

My archery ram season ended on Aug. 21 with no arrows flung. But I have stories, pics, and memories that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.

Thanks again for your interest.

Matt

05-Sep-22
Dang eating two ram tags in the best unit in the state is rough

06-Sep-22
Seconds season guys in GG units have gone 3-5 with another week or so to go.

06-Sep-22
I know a lot of guys who have killed pronghorns too, John.

Matt

06-Sep-22
GG my pronghorn season is not over....Unlike your sheep season. I didn't eat tag soup with my S32 tag either. Any more snarky comments from you??

06-Sep-22
Hahaha old grey ghost can sure dish it but he can't take it. Maybe less bowsite and more hunting would have helped notch one of those tags.

06-Sep-22
25% success rate on average for the unit over the last few years. Hardly seems like a slam dunk to me.

Sounds like you had a great hunt and a memorable experience, GG.

06-Sep-22
I am not saying there is any shame in not filling any tag. I simply made a comment that 2nd seasons guys are doing very well. GG's thin skins took it as a jab at him I guess and choose to make a snarky comment towards me. So I pointed out a couple obvious issues with his dig at me. I root for anyone with a sheep tag especially a S32 tags. Hell I even hoped GG could do what it takes to get one and would have been excited if he had got one. I've give all the info I know about that unit to anyone with a tag that ask including a few folks this year. I'd would have shared everything I know with GG if he would have asked.

06-Sep-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I didn't know I was going to need this, this morning

06-Sep-22
I simply made a comment that 2nd seasons guys are doing very well

Maybe, John. In the context of the conversation it could certainly be construed differently and seems pretty insensitive at best. How'd the other first season guys do? Why only focus on a subset to show how successful people have been in the unit? Nonetheless, my response was more towards Orion who only seems to chime in to downplay and disparage the results of other hunters. Lots of hunters bashing hunters on here and hunters celebrating or laughing at unpunched tags.

06-Sep-22
I was hoping to see a hunt recap for this hunt. Any sheep hunting stories are always fun to read and usually full of great photos. They live in some cool looking country.

Glad you had fun on your hunt GG

This is probably the first time i've seen trash talking to a guy for not filling an archery sheep tag!

06-Sep-22
If you can see that as insensitive you have to be looking a reason to have your feeling hurts and also the mind set that everything is about you (I think many would agree that GG has that mind set). Like I said I love hearing of sheep killed in that unit. I only know of the results of 2 of the 5 first season guys, GG being one. Of those two neither punched their tag. I don't know the outcome of the others as I don't know who they are.

06-Sep-22
So just for clarity, rather than talking about your other data point from the first season, you left that out and chose to focus on the three hunters you knew killed in the second season?

06-Sep-22
Glad the secret is out! I consider that a fairly tough unit, esp for mature rams. Sheep are often visible close alongside US40 & I-70 but they're off limits. I assume Ghost was tough-in-cheek when he called it the "best unit". But having held two sheep tags (ewe) in there myself, I know it's pretty decent to hunt, esp if you like to see sheep daily. All archery sheep hunts are tough, especially where you're talking DIY solo hunts. Would love to see some pics and hear about any close encounters.

06-Sep-22
So just for clarity you like like to here about people that are not successful only versus successful hunts? I think it pretty darn cool at 60% of hunter during a season was successful. If you read more than that into my comment you are a snowflake. But maybe talking about hunting on bowsite should become like winning participation trophy in little league. Lets not focus on anyone success in case it hurts someone feeling.

Think I should go over to antelope meat pole and whine it is not fair people are sharing successes since I have spent 7 days in blind and not killed one? Of course not that would be ridiculous.

Last GG gets grief not because he didn't fill his tag because of his well earned rep of being arrogant over and over to folks on this site.

06-Sep-22
So just for clarity you like like to here about people that are not successful only versus successful hunts? I think it pretty darn cool at 60% of hunter during a season was successful. If you read more than that into my comment you are a snowflake

I like hearing the full context, John. And yes, I'm immediately skeptical of someone's motives if they go ahead and talk about how well people are doing immediately after someone says they ate tag soup in the same unit. It's either unintentionally insensitive or deliberately malicious.

Think I should go over to antelope meat pole and whine it is not fair people are sharing successes since I have spent 7 days in blind and not killed one?

No, but you seemed to whine when GG *merely* pointed out a lot of people killed antelope. Now it's obvious GG's comment was intentional and you obviously took it as such. But he essentially said the same exact thing you did.

Last GG gets grief not because he didn't fill his tag because of his well earned rep of being arrogant over and over to folks on this site.

And your true motivations come out.

06-Sep-22
Well at least we both agree on the truth GG being arrogant over and over on bowsite and deserving of the flack he gets.

06-Sep-22
Bigeasy you changed the last line of your last post LOL. You originally called it a absolutely truth I believe were your words

06-Sep-22
And? I didn’t want any one else to misinterpret my point just like you did (what I said was “And the truth comes out” and it was in reference to your motivations, not that I felt what you posted was truth).

06-Sep-22
JHC…. Is THIS what the Bowsite has devolved into? Ridiculing someone for an unfilled sheep tag?

As far as GG being arrogant, I think you conflate arrogance with having one’s own opinion and not bowing to group think. Common problem on Bowsite.

06-Sep-22
Grey ghost posts a bunch of crap on people's threads all the time, he just told ermine his bow was out of tune and he is one of the most accomplished archers on this site. He also whined and cried and told me I wasn't a sportsmans for not giving him a spot to kill a bear. He gets everything he deserves. Karma is a b!tch. I see bigeasy is still up to his self-appointed fact checking.

06-Sep-22
Grey ghost posts a bunch of crap on people's threads all the time

I haven't seen him ridicule the efforts of a hunter not named Jimmy John or celebrate someone's lack of success on Bowsite. Matt has opinions on a lot of things, like guided hunts, hunting over bait, etc but I've never seen him turn those opinions into personal attacks...unlike you.

he just told ermine his bow was out of tune and he is one of the most accomplished archers on this site

Where? Without context this is a meaningless point.

He also whined and cried and told me I wasn't a sportsmans for not giving him a spot to kill a bear

Where? Without context this is a meaningless point. But so it's clear...you're claiming a guy who seemingly turned down multiple offers of help on his sheep tag whined and cried because you wouldn't help him kill a bear?? Something doesn't add up...

11-Sep-22
Jesus, what happened to Bowsite and the sheep forum. There used to be some hellacious threads on here now it's guys rooting against guys with tags.

FYI.........I know some pretty legendary hunters who failed multiple times on sheep tags in S32, and other units in the state. Half you nannies couldn't cary their dirty underwear to the laundromat. Don't sit too high up in that saddle. The fall may hurt.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear