Contributors to this thread:
DonVathome 19-Apr-22
DonVathome 19-Apr-22
DonVathome 19-Apr-22
nvgoat 19-Apr-22
DonVathome 20-Apr-22
19-Apr-22
https://www.facebook.com/100007914546590/videos/511629410562907

Hopefully this works. I have hunted 17 different species of big game in the US. Without question archery ibex in NM was the most challenging. They are crazy agile, defy gravity and are very smart. I have seen them post guard - 2 nannies on big rocks watching their backtrail while they fed - other nannies traded places after 15 minutes. I have watched them climb and walk around in trees standing on branches 2" in diameter that bent as they put weight on them. Insane.

I have sat back and watched them climb, and bed, on the sides of cliffs you would not think a mouse could stand still on. The kids run along the sides of shear cliffs.

I have never taken one. I did 2 archery hunts and got shots at mature billies from 40-50 yards both times. I consider getting those 2 shots my 2 biggest hunting accomplishments.

19-Apr-22

DonVathome's embedded Photo
DonVathome's embedded Photo

DonVathome's Link
pic

19-Apr-22
Video is in the link in my last post. Watching those ibex is one of the highlights of my hunting career.

19-Apr-22
Agree with you Don. The most amazing animal to watch that I have ever seen. I hunted them in NM one time. Got two shots at around 50 yds- one time I slipped on the rock I was standing on just as I let the arrow loose. The second time the billy changed course and I had to rush a shot without ranging. Shot a beautiful arrow just under his chest. Would love to try again.

20-Apr-22
I remember Mark! Hope you are well! In about 5 years, when I am getting close to 60 if I have not drawn NM ML or rifle and taken a billy (unlikely) I might book a hunt for them. Worth the 24 hour travel time. I must take one.

• Sitka Gear