rooster 21-Apr-22
caribou77 21-Apr-22
Banjo 02-May-22
Cheesehead Mike 02-May-22
Shawn 02-May-22
Buck Watcher 02-May-22
Cheesehead Mike 03-May-22
20-Apr-22
Any feedback on this rest that integrates with the riser on a dovetail and has micro-adjustment.

20-Apr-22
Got one on a Axius Ultra, made sense when I bought it. Don’t know that’s it’s any better than the QAD on my Double XL. It’s not like it gets moved every week.

Haven’t had any issues with it.

20-Apr-22
Had the Hoyt one on my last two bows-zero issues. I like it.

20-Apr-22
Prefer Hamskea over the QAD

20-Apr-22
I might use a QAD if they were paying me, and I would tell you how great they are (because I’m a whore like that), but I would never spend my money on one. I think there are plenty of better options. And if you are looking for the best just by a Hamskea and be done with it.

—Jim

20-Apr-22
I have one on the Mathews V3X. The micro tune adjustments are nice if you need them, but, having the older model as well on a different bow, I wouldn’t specifically pay the extra money for it again. Unless you are tuning, the old one works just as good, at a cheaper price. I haven’t needed the extra features since I got the setup done, and like said above, you aren’t moving it every week.

20-Apr-22
Makes little difference integrated or not, I have both an older micro adjust(3 years) and the integrated one on a 1 year old VXR and I cannot tell a difference. If I was in the market I would give the Hamskea a good go as I hear great things about them. Shawn

20-Apr-22
Just put one on my new Hoyt Ventrum Pro 33”, I really like it so far, like the Idea of not having to bolt it onto the side of the riser. Also put an HHA sight on with the dovetail mount on the front of the riser. only thing mounted on the side of the riser is my quiver and it’s really tight to the bow.

20-Apr-22
Have one on my new RX-7. Love it. The micro adjust is a great improvement. Think I'm on my 4th QAD rest.

21-Apr-22
I added one to my VXR when I bought it. I can’t tell a difference in the performance and as others have said it hasn’t been touched since the pro shop set my bow up. However, I do like the smaller size and not having the mounting hardware bolted onto the side of the bow.

21-Apr-22
I shot the bow for the first time since I killed my deer last fall , one thing I thought while I was shooting was how much I like the QAD, I shot a hamskea trinity all last summer and for elk and moose, I like the qad better, I'm sure the hamskea is more durable but I hated how the arrow sometimes bounced at the end of the draw cycle, the other thing I didn't like was the trinity is massive

21-Apr-22
If you like QAD rests it will be fine. I don't really see the integrate system as being an upgrade. I had one bow that shot great with a QAD. Nothing else would tune on it. I haven't had good luck with them on any other setup. I like the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro. Solid, micro adjust, limb driven, not too expensive and not heavy like some of the other Hamskeas.

21-Apr-22
I have the QAD integrated on my newest bow and the Ultra on my previous bow. Other than the dovetail attachment, which I really like, I really can't tell the difference performance wise. The wife has a less expensive QAD model on her bow and it has worked flawlessly for 4 years or better. Isn't that what we look for in a rest, the ability to set it and forget it?

21-Apr-22
I’d say the only real positive is that they will allow a closer mount if you shoot with a quiver on. My elite with a 2 pc quiver and old style non integrated mounts is still a narrower package than the new Mathews vx31 ( or whatever it is) with all the special mounts. Costs way less too.

02-May-22
Just put one on my new Hoyt Ventrum Pro 33”, I really like it so far, like the Idea of not having to bolt it onto the side of the riser. Also put an HHA sight on with the dovetail mount on the front of the riser. only thing mounted on the side of the riser is my quiver and it’s really tight to the bow.

02-May-22
I have a QAD ultra on my 2016 Halon. I set it and forgot it and shot thousands of shots through it. I really liked it until it failed to drop last year and cost me a 150's 10 point at 10 yards broadside in Iowa last year. I thought I had it fixed but then a week later it failed to drop again on an upper 140's 9 point at 12 yard slightly quartering away in Kansas. I had no complaints until it failed. The problem is, how do you know when it's worn out and is going to fail? I have a Hamskea Trinity on the way...

02-May-22
Its a mechanical item with moving parts. Any other rests can fail at anytime actually. I will say if I had one fail I would not fix it. QAD on their expensive rests have a lifetime warranty and have outstanding customer service. Shawn

02-May-22
I like the idea of the more secure mounting system. Although I never had any issues with mounting to the side of the riser the last 45 years. But also, no QAD on my bows again.

03-May-22
The best warranty in world won't get me another shot at the bucks the rest caused me to miss. Sometimes you don't have many options other than to fix things yourself when you're in the middle of your hunt.

• Sitka Gear