WapitiBob 22-Apr-22
Don K 22-Apr-22
Beendare 22-Apr-22
DonVathome 23-Apr-22
cnelk 23-Apr-22
TEmbry 23-Apr-22
SILVERADO 23-Apr-22
22-Apr-22
Anyone find a good battery pack to charge your phone? I cannot find one that will charge my phone completely twice. Best I get is 1.5x I just returned a 3000000 MAK pack because it only charge it 1-1/2 times.

22-Apr-22
Why not combine with a solar charger? Then you're covered for sunny or cloudy days.

22-Apr-22
I bought a Mophie 10,000 this year (9 oz). I used a Mophie 5,000 for the past 2 years and got multiple charges.

22-Apr-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I just bought this one a couple weeks ago. Has solar for backup and also can charge other things like my headlamp and InReach.(cord included). I tested it out and it charged my phone once AND my headlamp and still had over 75% battery left.

22-Apr-22
I have been debating something with solar. In a nutshell roughly how long with full sun will it take to charge a typical cell phone? 8 hours? 24 hours? I believe the one I just returned should have charged my phone way over a dozen times.

22-Apr-22
It takes a long time from what I have seen in reviews. Think the consensus was 8 hrs of sun to get a typical smartphone 25% charged. So realistically it’s a backup/emergency at best. But a nice option if you run it completely out of power. But I hope to never get it that low.

I plan to clip it to my backpack/daypack and have it in sunlight once I use it the first time on a trip. That way it will be charging all day every day. I will charge my phone once it gets to 50% and keep the solar charger in the sunlight from then on.

22-Apr-22
I have an Anker Power Core 20,000. Best charger out there IMO. You’ll have plenty of capacity for multiple charges.

22-Apr-22
I agree with Chief. Solar charging takes a long time. Skip the anker with solar panel on it. If you want to charge solar get a big panel and set up charging at your camp and leave it plugged in all day, every day. There is also wind, rain and thieves to worry about if you leave all that set up in camp. It takes maintenance and tending to like water supply and firewood. More camp chores! Ha

Charge your phone at night when you are sleeping with an anker. A 20k anker will charge your phone 4-6 times. I limit my phone use, to insure I have power when I need it.

On a recent 10 day wilderness hunt I only had to charge my phone fully 3 times. It can take 6-8 hours to fully charge your phone with an anker. Plan ahead and test your usage and charge times before you go on your trip.

22-Apr-22
If you have any concern about multiple charges or if you’re going on a long duration hunt, buy two 20k Ankers. That’s a much better investment than solar chargers.

22-Apr-22
Yes-the Dark Energy one I have will charge my iphone twice.

22-Apr-22
Iphone 13 max has a 4300maH battery. An Anker 28800 will charge that phone for a week.

22-Apr-22
Another vote on Anker. Will charge phone multiple times with no problems.

22-Apr-22
I use 2 of the 10,000 Ankers, preferring 2 small over one big.

That Small solar panel is a waste of time

23-Apr-22
Thanks guys! I agree about solar not worth it, yet. Close. I am conservative with cell use and always use low power settings are dark mode. I can get it to last a week without charging. 1 full charge is all I need. 2 is more then enough and can use it a more.

23-Apr-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I’ve taken this to Alaska twice. All I’ve ever needed

23-Apr-22
I use Anker. I have 6-8 various battery packs but Anker are the best IMO.

23-Apr-22
I love my dark energy phone charger powerbank. Excellent product and great customer service. https://darkenergy.com/products/poseidon-pro

• Sitka Gear