Pat Lefemine 28-Apr-22
Rob 28-Apr-22
t-roy 28-Apr-22
Mad Trapper 29-Apr-22
Pat Lefemine 29-Apr-22
Rob 29-Apr-22
Aspen Ghost 29-Apr-22
28-Apr-22
and any place better than the others for them. No dealers near me that I can find so who is best on line dealer. Thanks

28-Apr-22
If you live in ag country theirs a seed dealer.You may have to fill out a monseto app.I started planted Real World and they didn't shatter like my ag beans and they are Enlist ready so if you have marestail or pigweed that are gly resistant you could spray with interline or ignite if you can find it.I plant mine when we plant the double crop beans which keeps them green longer

28-Apr-22
Rob, hard to imagine there's no soybean dealers in KY?

Check the local coop in the nearest town with a good population of farms. I have my licenses but nobody ever checks them. Assuming you are going to spray them, try to find enlist Ag beans that are tolerant to both Roundup/Glyphosate and Liberty herbicide. Liberty is a better option now that there's so many Gly-tolerant weeds. I pay $50/bag from the Ag store vs. 85+shipping from mail order places.

As far as the shatter resistant stuff goes, my Ag beans didn't shatter until late February, that shatter resistant stuff may be a little bit of hype for a food plotter planting 1-2 acres that will be consumed by December. My 2c. I will say that both the Real World and the Buck Beans performed well. But so did my Ag beans at half the cost. That's likely my route now.

28-Apr-22
Thanks for the info guys. All the places I checked with only ordered beans for people. They didn't buy extra. I would think the western part of the state would be easier to find places with extra since they are mostly flat ground out there. 50 a bag sounds great as that is nearly what some want to ship 50 lbs. Thanks again and they'll either get beans or I'll load em' up with more Ladino. They seem to like it alot anyway and it lasts for years.

28-Apr-22
Looks like there’s a Caudill Seed company listed in Louisville, and Morehead, Rob! Maybe you can get a family discount!

I’ve also had good luck the past few years in controlling my weed issues, using Liberty Link soybeans, spraying with Liberty. The Enlist E3 beans are a great option, as you’ve got 3 different options for weed control, as stated above. Roundup (glyphosate) Liberty (glufosinate) or Enlist (2,4-D choline). We have major glyphosate resistant weed issues here in Iowa, and the Liberty has been a Godsend for controlling our problem weeds. I haven’t used Enlist as of yet, but I may try it this year, as Liberty availability had been an issue earlier this year. Not sure about now, though.

29-Apr-22
We have had great luck with Eagle forage beans, but we also use a lot of AG beans as well. We fence all of our bean fields and they have different purposes. We have some early fields that we use to feed and put weight on deer through the summer. We use the forage beans in those fields. The forage beans produce more tonnage than the AG beans and can take grazing much better than the AG beans. For those fields that we want to carry into bow season and through winter, we plant those in AG beans. They are better at producing beans than the forage variety. I have never tried the no-shatter varieties as our AG beans tend to stay in the pods even late into winter. I did not see the need to pay a premium for the shatter-proof variety. The eagle beans are more expensive than the AG beans though. Our eagle beans will often get over my shoulders and the AG beans may get to just above my waist, so the amount of additional forage is significant enough to warrant the additional cost.

29-Apr-22
Tom, I had great luck with Eagles in NY, and they wouldn't touch them in Ohio. My Eagle forage beans basically dried up and fell on the ground, whereas my Ag beans were HAMMERED. Not sure why, as I know eagles draw very well in other areas. I guess I have a herd of snowflakes in Ohio.

29-Apr-22
It's funny how deer in different areas like different things. Years ago, a buddy that had property about 20 miles from my place gave me some stuff called buck grub. They would be heading for the lick that he had made waiting for him to leave so they could jump all over the stuff. They bout dug a basement where he put it. I put it out and hung a cam on it and couldn't wait to see the parade. After a month, I had a big pile of molded buck grub with 3 fleeting deer sniffs and one coyote peeing on it on the cam. Needless to say, I haven't tried it again.

29-Apr-22
I'm guessing you can find a nearby farmer (or coop) who still has some of last years crop in the bin. Tell em you'd like to buy a few bushels of whole beans for feeding deer. They will be RR because that's what everyone uses now.

If you have any doubt. Do an experiment. Use them on 1 acre and compare to the others.

• Sitka Gear