Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
t-roy 30-Apr-22
Pop-r 01-May-22
Bearman 01-May-22
Ron Niziolek 01-May-22
APauls 01-May-22
29-Apr-22
Howdy Bowsiters. It's been a little while since I've posted. Sorry for a non-archery post, but this is my only hunting forum community and y'all have been helpful in the past.

I posted a bit of this predicament, a few months back, so some of you may remember our story. This season is a bitter sweet, to say the least. We are cashing in my dad's points in Colorado where he is a resident. Very exciting, however the reason for cashing in, is that his metastatic prostate cancer is not doing so well. I have been away at medical school and residency and will finally be getting back to life and hunting this fall, just in time for this situation.

My dad is longtime bow hunter, however, since his stroke 5 years ago, he weak in one leg, can not use his arm, and his vision is not very good as a result, so even using a cross bow has been difficult, thus we are dusting off his rifle this season. He has plenty of points to draw these tags: Unit 40 1st rifle Bull Elk and Unit 66 3rd season Buck. Unit 40 we'll be hunting with Mike Lawson at Trophy Class Outfitters, heard good things about him, and we've had some good chats about dad's situation, he's willing to take us on.

The intent of my post is to get any info on unit 66 November migrating deer herds, or get any contact info for trespass fee. We are spending most of his available cash on the Elk hunt in unit 40, so we won't be looking for a guide for deer in 66. Due to the stroke and metastasis to his bones, he won't be hiking very far or in rough terrain, so were trying to hunt smarter not harder this time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

30-Apr-22
Howdy Bowsiters. It's been a little while since I've posted. Sorry for a non-archery post, but this is my only hunting forum community and y'all have been helpful in the past.

I posted a bit of this predicament, a few months back, so some of you may remember our story. This season is a bitter sweet, to say the least. We are cashing in my dad's points in Colorado where he is a resident. Very exciting, however the reason for cashing in, is that his metastatic prostate cancer is not doing so well. I have been away at medical school and residency and will finally be getting back to life and hunting this fall, just in time for this situation.

My dad is longtime bow hunter, however, since his stroke 5 years ago, he weak in one leg, can not use his arm, and his vision is not very good as a result, so even using a cross bow has been difficult, thus we are dusting off his rifle this season. He has plenty of points to draw these tags: Unit 40 1st rifle Bull Elk and Unit 66 3rd season Buck. Unit 40 we'll be hunting with Mike Lawson at Trophy Class Outfitters, heard good things about him, and we've had some good chats about dad's situation, he's willing to take us on.

The intent of my post is to get any info on unit 66 November migrating deer herds, or get any contact info for trespass fee. We are spending most of his available cash on the Elk hunt in unit 40, so we won't be looking for a guide for deer in 66. Due to the stroke and metastasis to his bones, he won't be hiking very far or in rough terrain, so were trying to hunt smarter not harder this time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

30-Apr-22
Sorry to hear about your dad’s situation, Spencer. I don’t have any info to help you out. Just some words of encouragement for you and your dad. Hopefully, you guys have a great trip together!

01-May-22
Hate to hear about your father. Going to happen to us all in some form. I've watched it happen to some very close to me. Hopefully y'all can have some great hunts and make some good memories. God bless.

01-May-22
Best of luck to your Dad.

01-May-22
No advice, but wish you guys all the best.

01-May-22
Same, good luck fellas

• Sitka Gear