TREESTANDWOLF 01-May-22
Rut Nut 01-May-22
Empty Freezer 01-May-22
Ambush 01-May-22
rattling_junkie 01-May-22
Rut Nut 04-May-22
01-May-22

rattling_junkie's Link
This is how I get Rage broadheads hair popping sharp. I think you could do this method with any replaceable blade.

01-May-22
Thanks for the tutorial, David…….The band aid was a nice touch! ;-)

01-May-22
They are replaceable for a reason. You sharpen them by throwing the old ones in the trashcan and installing new ones.

01-May-22
I thought you'd like that t-roy!

As for sharpening the blades. They don't shave hair that great or at all out of the package . So, I sharpen the blades before I hunt, and once I zip one through a 7 foot bear I throw them out. I guess you can insinuate I'm an idiot for wanting the sharpest broadhead I can get. But I'll keep doing it and enjoy every moment of my redundant life.

01-May-22
SDHUNTR, u should take the time to make a video of that to help others that may benefit from it, like David did…..

01-May-22
Good tips for all type of blades David honestly.

Good stuff bud.

01-May-22
Thanks for the tip David. I often wondered if you could sharpen the Trypan blades. They are sturdier than most replaceable blades and most times do not deform or bend when going thru a deer. In fact, I have 2 used broadheads that I could sharpen. After seeing your video, I’m going to get that stay sharp device and try resharpening them. Last year I couldn’t even find the replacement blades. And now they’re up to $30 a pack! Could save some money too...................

LMBO SIP! : )

01-May-22
Great Video. Thanks and keep em comin.

01-May-22
That's a pretty handy little jig for stropping, for sure! Bowsiter Kurt showed me how to re-sharpen my Spitfire blades on a Chefs Choice electric knife sharpener. The diamond wheels really put an edge on.

01-May-22
Thanks gentleman, since t-roy asked how I sharpened the Trypans I thought I'd do a video so everyone can see. I'm sure there is a better way, this is just one that seems to work for me. I think I could do without the sandpaper, and go straight from the bastard file to the smooth steel.

04-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I found the Rage Trypans on sale for under $30! So I bought another pack- will have plenty to resharpen now! ;-)

• Sitka Gear