SlipShot 02-May-22
BowHiker 02-May-22
yooper89 02-May-22
Rut Nut 02-May-22
Bou'bound 02-May-22
Thornton 02-May-22
tradi-doerr 03-May-22
01-May-22
Most vortex rangefinders seem to be on sale as new models are teed up.

For archery what are the best models to consider? Would like angle compensation or course and SMALL as possible and would like one that lao truly will give distance and long yardages as well…say My old nikon fails on anything past 250-350 yards.

And if I should seriously consider another brand lay it on me…

Thanks in advance!

01-May-22
Going into my 4th year with my Vortex Ranger 1500’s. Very pleased with them.

01-May-22
The Sig Sauers have great sale proces as well it seems.

01-May-22
I have/use the ranger 1800, use it for both bowhunting and rifle hunting.

01-May-22
Have a Vortex, Leica, and SigSauer. A lot of fanfare on the Leica for the price and it doesn't necessarily perform any better. Price wise, you can pick up a Sig for around the same price as a Vortex and performs better on response.

But the Vortex works well also.

01-May-22
I’ve got a Leopold, Sig, and a Leica. Have previously had a couple Nikons too. I think the best I have used am currently using is a Sig.

—jim

01-May-22
I would look at Sig. I ordered the Vortex 1800 for angle compensation, and quickly returned it since the readout was far slower than my old Nikon. Next time I feel like upgrading I'll try Sig based on all the reviews.

01-May-22
Leica! As good as Swarovski for a whole lot less.

01-May-22
I hate to bad mouth Vortex because they seem like a good company but I bought a Impact rangefinder about 2.5 years ago. It is slow returning a yardage. Works fine but slow giving range. If had to do over again I buy a different brand. They may have improved over the last couple years???

01-May-22
SIG

SIG

01-May-22
went with Sig kilo1800BDX from Al’s online sporting goods for a nice $284 price.

02-May-22
Vortex… isn’t that the Walmart house brand now? ;^)

02-May-22
Save yourself the hassle and buy a good pair of rangefinding binoculars. After going through 4 different brands of the small hand held including Vortex, I bought some Sig Saur rangefinder binoculars. I wish I'd have done it sooner.

02-May-22
Vortex just introduced 3 new rangefinders last week. The Ranger 1800 and Impact 1000 are being replaced by the Crossfire 1400, Diamondback 2000 and Viper 3000. My local shop had them in stock already. I really like the Viper 3000. I am sure there will be deals on the "old" models. https://vortexoptics.com/

02-May-22
"I bought some Sig Saur rangefinder binoculars. I wish I'd have done it sooner."

Same here. Used them the first time last Sept on a friend's WSMR oryx hunt, and then later on a couple of elk hunts in Dec. Problem now is, all these crusader hunters in states wanting everything tech to go away by throwing us back to 1826.

02-May-22
buy once and be done Vortex Optics Razor HD 4000

02-May-22
I personally just went through a rangefinder purchase. Planned on getting the vortex ranger, it really didn't fit my eye and I didn't care for the display. I ended up getting the leupold 1400 tbr. I'm loving the bow mode setting, and the red display is really nice as well, it's got some fancy features and settings for rifle which I will never use, but nice to have in case. 200 bucks at scheels. I also like that it is 5x, seems like the majority are 6x, I really would have preferred 4x for archery.

02-May-22
Big fan of my Sig kilo

02-May-22
Hey Mule- some of us are on a Walmart budget! ;-)

I got a good deal on the Vortex Impact 1000. Yes, would be nice to have the illuminated red numbers but I have learned how to use it in low light. Generally if you can’t read it, it’s too dark to shoot anyway. And still a HUGE upgrade from the entry level Bushnell model I had been using for almost 20 years.

02-May-22
SIG

SIG

02-May-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
I can't recommend Vortex to any serious hunter. Here are my Sig Saurs. Leica and Swarovski make good ones as well, but they are costly.

03-May-22
+1 Rut Nut

• Sitka Gear