Bowfreak 04-May-22
orionsbrother 04-May-22
Gun 04-May-22
Gun 04-May-22
Gun 04-May-22
Bowfreak 04-May-22
LBshooter 05-May-22
03-May-22
Anyone here got any 10-12” sections of elk shed that they’d part with for large dog chews?

There’s a guy at work that is looking for a few for a large dog. It’d be shipped to him here at work and he’ll be the one covering any payment, but I’ll vouch for him and guarantee payment.

There are a few guys here that’ll attest to that I wouldn’t leave anybody hanging.

Please give me an idea on costs and I’ll let him know and arrange payment via PM.

Thank you

03-May-22
I believe ‘brown’ antlers are going for ~$14/lb. That should give you an idea what costs are

03-May-22
I was offered $18.50 a pound a couple weeks ago.

03-May-22
Whatever the cost is, if he wants them, he can pay it. There are guys that sell them on eBay etc. I just thought I’d check here first before he’s giving someone else the money. I’m not asking for someone to give them to him for free.

03-May-22
Let me check Rick, I have some, not sure of that length though…

03-May-22
George - They’re dog chews. I took a guess at the size. If you have some and they aren’t three inches, I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Please let me know what you want for them and I’ll let him know tomorrow. We’re walking out the door right now.

Thank you

03-May-22
Looks like we’re going to be all set thanks to ‘Ike’.

And thanks to ohiohunter for offering to be a source as well.

This kind of stuff isn’t seismic, but it reminds me about the numerous, really good guys who are Bowsiters and the connections that are here.

Short bloodtrails!!

03-May-22
That’s awesome. There are some great sources here. I just sent about 10 lbs to a friend of a friend that needed them. Some Elk, axis and fallow. All chews the same I guess

Let me know if you need more.

03-May-22
It most definitely does not all chew the same. Older antlers shouldn't be used, as they get brittle and splinter. I would also recommend rounding off the smaller points. I have a golden retriever that nearly died breaking off, and then swallowing, the tip of an elk tine. That was the first of several emergency vet visits for him.

03-May-22
Just sold deer and elk to a buyer here in central MT. $16/elk $12/deer.

04-May-22
He can buy at Petco

04-May-22
I'm the talk of the neighborhood as I freeze all of my boned out whitetail quarters. Whenever the dog chews all them up I just thaw out another one.

04-May-22
I’d much rather spend my money/my buddy’s money with a Bowsiter and have another connection with a good guy/fellow bow hunter.

Less money than Petco. More money sent than requested. A non-hunter is impressed by the connection that a couple of hunters from different parts of the country have and happily surprised that all parts of animals are utilized… some perceptions shifted, perhaps.

In my book, it’s a win for everyone… except Petco.

04-May-22
http://www.exoticanimaldentistry.com/mastications.html

04-May-22
That link is from a friend of mine who does not reccomend antlers or bones for your dog. My brother is looking at a $1000 vet bill w his Lab after he cracked a tooth chewing on a fresh bone.

04-May-22
Better link. Sorry

http://www.exoticanimaldentistry.com/mastications.html

04-May-22
Well done Orion. We can use all of the good vibes we can get.

05-May-22
Antlers are the "thing" for the pet industry, but, they are too hard for dogs, not good for their teeth. Get a Nyla bone and boil it in beef broth.

• Sitka Gear