Hancock West 15-May-22
MQQSE 15-May-22
milnrick 15-May-22
Charlie Rehor 15-May-22
milnrick 15-May-22
Longbow42 15-May-22
Dale06 15-May-22
05-May-22
Everyone clear on this? Sounds like info has to be submitted within 72 hrs of crossing.

05-May-22
I did it back in March on a land crossing on I-29. Super easy to use.

05-May-22
Do you basically take pictures of each side of the card? Upload some of the numbers on it?

05-May-22
I fly out this Sunday May 8th:

My question - is the rapid PCR test required for air travel into Canada?

This is off of the ArriveCan website:

"As of April 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter Canada by land, air or water."

I just received an email 20minutes ago from Delta (my airline):

"Important Reminder For Travel to Canada All passengers entering Canada from an international destination, per Canadian government order, are required to show proof of a negative PCR, NAAT or RT-LAMP test taken within 72 hours prior to the passengers’ scheduled departure of their direct flight to Canada. Passengers will be required to show proof of the negative test result prior to boarding their flight. It is mandatory for all travelers flying to Canada to submit their COVID-related information digitally through the ArriveCAN mobile app."

Talk about adding to the confusion...i called Delta, a rep said It wasnt needed, after much back and forth. I said you may want to update your pre-travel emails - I cant be the only person calling and inquiring about it.

05-May-22
I just did fill out the app.

Super easy to do.

Take your pics while you are in the app and they automatically upload.

It does have to be done within 72 hrs of arrival.

No rapid test required for us since we are driving, dont believe it is needed at all anymore.

The app advises to have your card or an e-file of it at the border/customs.

Also still advises the need for a quarantine plan(address).

05-May-22
No need for a PCR test any longer if you are vaccinated. I crossed the border last September and you had to have a negative test within 72 hours back then, but not any longer.

06-May-22
I thought you had to give an address/plan for Quarantine, incase you were chosen at random and tested positive.

I just completed the arrivecan app and there wasnt anywhere to put that information. I received a confirmation email stating I successfully completed. In that email there is a link to: "register in advance for Covid19 testing. Is that where you give address and plan for quarantine?

06-May-22
The last time I went was January. I needed a PCR test before going to the border. I was selected to take another test at the border. I hope things have changed. In my circle of working friends more have had Covid than have not. I had my turn last month. I have had worse colds.

06-May-22
They still require the jab to go? Even though it doesn’t keep anyone from getting or giving the ‘rona?

06-May-22
Tree line, unfortunately yes.

06-May-22
Do you need a negative covid test (when flying), to get back in the US from Canada?

06-May-22
woodguy65: Yes, when flying back to the states you’ll need a rapid test 24 hours or less before your flight home. Google “Rapid Test Sights” at/near your departing airport.

06-May-22
I didn't realize that until Charlie's post but looking into it you can get the test at Calgary Airport by Switch Health who will get you the results within 30-60mins. I assume they have one in Edmonton as well but not sure. You have to pay & schedule in advance. Walkins are not allowed. They told me you walk almost all the way to security, get the test & results and then back to checkin with the airlines.

06-May-22
Yeah I did not know either - so focused on all the stuff to get into Canada neglected what was needed to get back to States (when flying). I saw a news article today about this issue which prompted my question - had no idea Americans needed the test to get back!

Im flying out of Grande Prairie in Alberta - they donot have testing at airport. Just texted Mike (Ukrainetz), fortunately there is a Pharmacy in Spirit River that takes walk-ins and is open Saturday 11a-4p, I fly back out to States Sunday. Man what a PIA.

06-May-22
I agree, another pain in the butt but the tests are easily available in small towns and you usually get results back in less than 10 minutes.

06-May-22
So might be good to take a rapid test with you, to take before departing back to US?

06-May-22
I think you have to have printed results from a professional. Could be wrong though

06-May-22
Yes you do

12-May-22
Have you guys that have flown up done the pre registration for a random test? Leaving Saturday for BC

12-May-22
I did not pre register for the test and was not chosen for the random upon arrival either.

12-May-22
The app worked easy enough. It’s still sad though that we have to do that and anyone needs to test coming home or going wherever.

We are heading to Mike’s next week and my son isn’t going since he isn’t vaccinated. One day I think we will all look back at what a crock of crap this all was. Or at least how the politics of it all unfolded.

At least Blaine (my son) is going to spend some time with Barry Wensel at his talk this week near our home. I hate to miss it!

12-May-22
The app was very easy. Did you per register for a random test? I'm heading to Saskatchewan Sunday.

14-May-22
Das. I did not register for a random. Heard from others they did not as well and went smooth. Figure it can't be much info if selected for a random anyway. I'm landing in calgary in about 5 hrs so can update if any grief Nick

14-May-22
g5 I agree. Good Luck

14-May-22
Thanks. You as well!

14-May-22
@Hancock. I flew through Edmonton in March. They have a testing location set up and I got results back in 15 mins. They charged $75CA and no one even looked at it afterwards.

14-May-22
Just taking off for Calgary. I don’t expect any issues. I’ll update later today how it went.

14-May-22
Yep bowjangles. We scheduled testing with Switch Health which is located at the Calgary Airport. We did a 4 group scheduling which lowered the rate to $42per hunter. A bunch of hoops but hopefully it'll be worth it. Covid made a 2.5yr wait 4.5yrs.. We're beyond pumped.

14-May-22
Best of luck fellas.

Lord knows everyone has waited and are willing to do what it takes to get there.

Have a great time.

14-May-22
No issues not pre registering. Everything was super simple

15-May-22
I was through immigration in Calgary today in 90 seconds. Fastest ever. It happened so fast that I didn’t even realize that it was over and I was in.

15-May-22
That happens to all of us at times. They make medicine for it

15-May-22
Haha!

15-May-22
That was good stuff bou

15-May-22
Haha!

15-May-22
So I've read the ArriveCan app instructions and want to make sure I've understood it correctly.

1 - be vaccinated and carry proof (vax card) when traveling.

2- complete arrive can app and give the 72 hr window of when and where we'll enter the country. Include where were going, how long we'll be there and when we'll return to the states.

The question is simply, must we test if we're fully vaxed? The exemptions seem to indicate it's not necessary (I'm good either way).

Thanks for the clarification.

RH

15-May-22
Just went through customs and Covid protocols at Toronto International on my way to Saskatchewan. Do what they say in advance on Arrive Can app and it’s easy peasey. Reality is the entry was easier than in past trips.

No test required to enter Canada but if FLYING home to US you need a Rapid test a day (or less) in advance of returning to the states. No return test on return if driving back to US. Shoot a monster

15-May-22
Thanks Charlie. Safe travels.

15-May-22
I'll be headed to Calgary next Sunday enroute to Grande Prairie. It should be relatively simple. I traveled to Ontario in September and you needed a 72 hr PCR test and they checked us thoroughly, even went through our bags which they rarely do. At least no test on way up this time.

15-May-22
Thanks, headed to Ontario in two weeks, fishing.

• Sitka Gear