Kodiak 07-May-22
Rut Nut 07-May-22
TREESTANDWOLF 07-May-22
nehunter 10-May-22
midwest 10-May-22
Bearman 10-May-22
rooster 11-May-22
05-May-22
I was hoping someone would solve the broadhead issue.

06-May-22
Very similar to a qad exodus, I couldn't even find them on amazon

06-May-22
$20 for a 12 pack screams quality.

Hard pass.

—jim

06-May-22
I was just fixing to go shoot a metal bucket with my crossbow,,,, lol.. in all seriousness, they look like they're fit to kill a deer just fine.

06-May-22
I dunno…

If a guy were looking for a cheap head for small game/varmints/Pat’s coyote obsession….. They look a lot better than the plastic ones…

But I can’t for the life of me figure why they would want leave that trailing edge unsupported. Except that it looks Kewl….

06-May-22
Nothing special

06-May-22
Price is special

06-May-22
I think it may be worth a try, cheap enough to test that’s for sure. If they spin 100% and hold and edge I see no problems

06-May-22
Oh good. A broadhead that’s almost free. Sign me up!!

corax - I was looking at that blade design as well … pretty sure they leave the trailing edge of the blade unsupported so they could make the ferrule as short as possible. Stronger ferrule, but definitely weaker blades.

No thanks.

07-May-22
Geee, Wonder if they’re made in China?

07-May-22
I enjoyed the Youtube review ohiohunter posted the link to. The heads held up better than I thought they would thru the testing.

07-May-22
I don't know if it was their intention...but... from an engineering standpoint, leaving that trailing end unsupported can/will act as a shock absorber if heavy bone is encountered. FWIW

07-May-22
Pretty sure these are considered “ barbed”.

Not legal in a few states.

07-May-22
Thanks, WTFoc & x-man, for registering the point there….

“Shock absorption” strikes me as a losing proposition from a penetration standpoint, because that creates an opportunity for energy/linear motion to be redirected, which would compromise penetration when it’s needed most. On the other hand, I have one Hell Razor that I shot through the shank (metatarsals) of a smallish WT, and the blades deformed on their way through the bone… which allowed for probably quite a bit more penetration than I might have gotten if no deformation had occurred. Sort of like the Bear and Magnus bleeder blades which will snap off if they hit anything too hard….

So maybe there’s a method to the madness?

But if these basically shorten your arrow by 1/4 or so, does that cause any issues with rest clearance or whatever?

There are some Simmons Sharks that do that, but I kinda lost interest when I realized that they would render all of my arrows too short….

07-May-22
Not much method. Mostly madness.

Ohio - I watched the Lusk video and was actually surprised at how well it did. The reason it survived the concrete test was the extremely short ferrule. The downside of that design is a poorly supported blade.

I graduated from replaceable blades about 15 years ago.

Interesting post, but I’m a hard pass.

07-May-22
QAD exodus doesn't have the trailing end of the blade supported and they are probably the best fixed heads on the market in all categories

07-May-22
The head is probably adequate but what an idiotic name.

07-May-22

Pretty sure these are considered “ barbed”. Not legal in a few states.

Good point! Probably NOT legal in Pa...,,,,,,,,,,,,

07-May-22
Double Post

10-May-22
Aluminum ferrule, screw on tip is not anything new. Muzzy copycat. Aluminum is for beer cans, screw on tips means runout. Can't beat a one piece steel BH.

10-May-22
Nothing like a muzzy. As noted above, more like Exodus.

10-May-22
God, I "hate broadhead threads". Must refrain!

11-May-22
Early in the video Lusk mentions that the blades are .039" thick.

• Sitka Gear