'Ike' (Phone) 13-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 13-May-22
t-roy 13-May-22
'Ike' (Phone) 14-May-22
hawkeye in PA 14-May-22
nchunter 15-May-22
gflight 15-May-22
13-May-22
Putting it here thinking maybe some of the Whitetail property guys may have dealt with it...

It's came on strong this year...I've pulled, cut and sprayed a ground clear the other day...It was like it drank the stuff! Lol. Any tricks to killing it for good...

13-May-22
I don’t know any way of eradicating it, Ike. I’ve noticed that in some years, the stuff is all over, and some years we have very little of it. I don’t know if there’s any correlation between wet/dry conditions and the abundance/lack of it. We call it preacher’s lice. I’m assuming it’s the same PIA weed seed. If you walk through it on the way to your treestand, you spend half the morning picking the damn stuff out of your clothes and throwing the seeds on the ground. Then, you have the crap growing around your stand the following year!…..it’s a vicious cycle:-(

13-May-22
Yes sir, that is it! Thanks Troy and yes, it goes where you or the dog goes, that's for sure!

13-May-22
Bear Paw mit

13-May-22

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Burr Paw

13-May-22
I like it Mike, thanks…

13-May-22
^^^^^ That ain’t a cure ! ;-). I usually scrape them off with a pocket knife but you have to pick them off the dog. And I don’t know anything that will kill them except gly, if that will.

13-May-22
That’s what it’s looking like Dry…They’re still green, so I thought for sure the Ground Clear would do it…Everything around them is dead and dying, it’s still standing strong! Lol

13-May-22
I do have quail and I’ve never seen them eat any…Hmmmm!

13-May-22
Might try 2,4-D. I’m pretty sure it’s a broadleaf plant.

14-May-22
I’ll have to look at that…Lol

14-May-22
Should make a good breakfast then "sticks with you all day"

15-May-22
I hate the things but every website I just read on beggars lice say they are a very critical part of deer, turkey and quail's protein needs. I had never heard how nutritious the little rascals were till I read up on them.

15-May-22
My chickens pick them off when I get up to the barn.

I just had to learn to leave them alone until then.

• Sitka Gear