PECO2 14-Jun-22
PECO2 14-Jun-22
RIT 17-Jun-22
ELKMAN 18-Jun-22
carcus 18-Jun-22
'Ike' (Phone) 18-Jun-22
ELKMAN 19-Jun-22
26-May-22
Let's get reviews on the new bows of 22 for all Bowsite members to view & analyze for their own consideration prepurchase.

26-May-22
I have a Hoyt RX-7 Ultra and recently got a Mathews V3X 33. The RX-7 is set at 80lbs, 30", and 85% let off. The V3X has 75lb, 29.5", and 80% let off mods. Both are set up extremely similar with stabilizers and sights; both have the Hamskea Epsilon rest. I am shooting the same 523 grain arrow at 289 fps out of the RX-7 and 288 out of the V3X. Smoother draw cycle goes to the V3X. Better back wall goes to the RX-7. Less vibration goes to the RX-7. Quietness goes to the V3X. The RX-7 holds on the target better too. The RX-7 will definitely be my bow for elk and some whitetails. I will probably use the V3X as my backup for elk hunting and more for whitetails. Both are great bows, but I like the feel of the RX-7 more.

26-May-22

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo

26-May-22

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo

26-May-22
Coondog how many fish poles does one guy need? ;)

26-May-22
The only correct answer is... more!

26-May-22
Odd I read many people liked the draw cycle of the Hoyt over the Mathews.

26-May-22
I bet if I could get sales data from each of the companies, Hoyt would be winning this year. Everyone I know that shoots the RX-7 loves it. I bought one.

26-May-22
I am shooting my new RX7 and it is an amazing bow to shoot, BUT, it is alot louder at the shot than my Triax. Who has noticed this and is there a way to quiet the bow? I think it will make a difference while hunting Mule Deer. Thanks

27-May-22
If your shooting a Hoyt you dang we’ll better love it with that price tag. I suspect after mortgaging their house to buy one that no one would admit not “loving it”.

27-May-22
Still shooting my 2015 Synergys.

28-May-22
I can't tell you what is the best but my V3-X 29 is fast, stable and easy to shoot well. I have not shot enough of today's new bows to make a comparison. After 3 arrows, I knew I was going to buy one. Haven't regretted it one bit.

13-Jun-22
I still very happy with my Hoyt Spider Really the improvements of the new models don't justify the $$$$$ of the new ones

13-Jun-22
The Mathews V3X is a nice bow, but shorten your draw length half an inch, cause if you relax with the bow, or creep a bit, it takes off. We've tried it on the Hoyt's and they don't do that. The grip on the Mathews just plain sucks. A lot of guys are putting on after market grips. The Ventum Pro 30 and 33 are amazing bows. Not as smooth as Mathews, but they are faster, and although guys won't admit it, quieter then the Mathews, with a great back wall compared to the Mathews. And the grip is very good. Unless you're running the new dovetail sights, you need more back bar weight on the Mathews to balance it. And yes, the Mathews is very top heavy. The new PSE EVO XF is faster then both the Hoyts and Mathews, lighter in mass weight, and just as quiet as the Hoyt. The Mathews does have some vibrations that the Hoyts or PSE doesn't have. If you're not running the new accessories with the Mathews, you're gonna have a lot of side weight. The new finish on the Mathews, compared to the bows that were shipped in January and Febuary is a lot better on the newer bows. Both Hoyt and PSE have great finishes on them. For every Mathews we sell, we'll sell 3 Hoyts and 2 PSE's.

13-Jun-22
Hoyt RX7 Ultra for me. Holds on target. Wrote up a review comparing it to the Bowtech Solution SS, and since then my preference for the Ultra has increased. Best arrow groups I have ever experienced, a fun bow to shoot.

13-Jun-22
I still very happy with my Hoyt Spider Really the improvements of the new models don't justify the $$$$$ of the new ones drift boss

13-Jun-22
I still very happy with my Hoyt Spider Really the improvements of the new models don't justify the $$$$$ of the new ones drift boss

13-Jun-22
I agree with 12yards.....best bow of 22 is the 15-16 Elite Synergy

14-Jun-22
I'm also in the keep shooting the bow I already have club.

14-Jun-22

17-Jun-22
Admittedly I thought I was a Mathew’s man. That’s what I have shot for as long as I can remember. Even the same bow for many years. I had an itch to get a new bow this year. I went straight for the Mathew’s V3X. 10 shots in I just didn’t like the bow. The grip was terrible to me and the bow was not dead in my hand like my old Mathew’s. The draw cycle wasn’t as smooth as I’d like and when holding felt like I had to really hold or it would creep on me.

I had never shot a Hoyt. I spent a few hours shooting the Mathew’s V3X 29, V3X 33, Hoyt Ventum pro 30 and 33. It didn’t take me long to know I liked the Hoyt bows much much better for 2022.

Then I made the mistake of shooting the Carbon RX 7. That bow felt absolutely fantastic to me. I head back tomorrow to put the finishing touches on my new bow. That bow just feels great in my hand. I loved everything about it. The draw cycle, the back wall. I don’t feel the shot at all. Silky smooth and although only 15-20 shots felt fun and refreshing to shoot. Not to mention whisper quiet. Basically everything I expected to feel from Mathews. I tried to go in with an open mind and my pick for 2022 is Hoyt carbon RX 7 in Wilderness.

18-Jun-22
The SR 350 has been nothing short of amazing for me. SO easy to tune and play with different arrow and broad head set ups with just the turn of an allen wrench. Bowtech's dead lock tuning system is the biggest advancement for hunting applications in decades.

18-Jun-22
The dead lock is amazing, I've had two, unfortunately both tuned perfect without have to use them! lol My favorite bows are the 2021 pse's! I have 2 of them, the 2020s were awesome too

18-Jun-22
Hopefully shoot a couple this week, although I’m not really looking for anything new…

19-Jun-22
I love the 2020 PSEs as well. Not sure about this new cam. Not really a step in the right direction on mass weight (aluminum) or cam in my opinion.

• Sitka Gear