TonyBear 30-May-22
scentman 30-May-22
Steve Leffler 30-May-22
23-May-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Air fried wild Turkey
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Air fried wild Turkey
This was outstanding. I have been oil frying my wild Turkey breast for years but this weekend we bought an air fryer ($98 on sale at Walmart) and we actually liked it better.

It’s super easy:

Ingredients: Cajun chicken flour, eggs, wild Turkey breast cut into strips the size of a butter knife.

Place the strips into a bowl with the eggs. Place the flour inside a one gallon ziploc. Shake until they are coated. Lay the strips on the air fryer tray, and spray a light coating of avocado oil. Set the air fryer for 15 minutes. That’s it.

Super simple and delicious.

23-May-22
That looks great, I need to first locate a bird so I can air fry him! It's really sparse where I hunt.

23-May-22
That looks excellent and thanks for the recipe!

We use our air fryer quite a bit and I'm actually going to try some fresh, filleted, battered trout in it the next time I take my son fishing.

23-May-22
Looks good! I smoked the first one I ever shot. I’ll never do that again!

23-May-22
They look very tasty! Break out the dipping sauces. Make mine parmesan garlic with blue cheese dressing please.

23-May-22
Looks good!

How hard is the clean up on an air fryer? I love new gadgets......drives my Wife crazy. LOL

23-May-22
bluedog, The clean up is really easy on our air fryer, we just wash the basket like we would any normal dish.

23-May-22
Air fryer great for alot of things.

23-May-22
Our new stove has an air fryer built in. I'll definitely be giving this a try. Thanks, Pat!

23-May-22
Yup, very easy clean up with the fryer. The breading process is a mess with the eggs and batter however. No way around that.

23-May-22
Pat we’ve been using one for a while! They are amazing. Countless pheasant have been through mine. Along with chicken turkey and actually pork chops too. Delicious.

23-May-22
Thanks Pat been thinking of getting one

23-May-22
We use our air fryer for a ton of stuff! I use it constantly in the winter for cooking all kinds of steaks. I’ve been really wanting to try turkey or chicken strips. Maybe even steak fingers done the same way. This gives me some ideas for doing a country fried steak as well!

23-May-22
Chad steak tips cuz up with a dry rub come out amazing! Finally grilling weather here at home but I might have to do some in the air fryer soon.

23-May-22
Thanks Pat. Have a couple breasts in the freezer and will give this a try.

24-May-22
Curious could you do that recipe in a convection oven good luck Lewis

24-May-22
I bought an air fryer for my wife for Christmas. It's one of those Ninja ovens with a lot of other features. Before you get on to me about my apparent lack of romanticism, that's what she wanted. Anyway, despite wanting it, she has never used the air fryer feature. I guess I'll just have to test it now. I usually use the deep fryer for turkey tenders. Whatever mess I clean up with the air fryer has got to be better than dealing with the oil. The batter and eggs are the same no matter which way I go.

24-May-22
Please explain - “Spray a light coating of avocado oil”. Is that on the strips or the air cooker trays. If on the strips please explain. Like enough the flour is all wet? I am trying to under stand how the flour gets “fried” with out being submerged in oil. We have a air fryer but have been underwhelmed by it so far. I makes ok French fries.

24-May-22
The Avocado oil is sprayed right onto the coated turkey strips themselves. It gives the batter a crunchy texture from the air fryer. We also did air-fried asparagus and I don't think I'll ever steam asparagus ever again. Amazing.

24-May-22
We love our air fryer. Never done Turkey like this but steaks, pork chops, burgers, rotisserie chickens are all amazing.

24-May-22
We do the same thing with pheasants except I don't add anything wet. Just simple shore lunch, into the fryer and a little drizzle of avocado oil. Throw in a wrap or just eat and it's delicious. For pheasants it's nice too as I can usually get another couple bb's out when I strip them.

24-May-22
We’ve been enjoying a Ninja Grill for a year or more now. We mainly use it to grill steaks and pork chops but we’ve done wings in it also. Never thought about turkey breast but we have some in the freezer so we’ll be giving this a try. As for dipping sauce, it ain’t cool to use anything except cream gravy in Texas ! ;-)

24-May-22
They are great machines, especially for heating up otherwise soggy foods, like pizza, eggrolls, breaded cutlets, etc...

24-May-22
This looks great Pat! Thank you for posting it. Did u make the Cajun flour?

24-May-22
Sounds delicious

25-May-22
Pat did you batter the asparagus or just sprayed it we usually grill ours or in the oven and I have a lot of asparagus thanks Lewis

25-May-22
Lewis it’s good both ways! Beans and Brussel sprouts too!

26-May-22
This looks delicious. I usually chunk the breast and make a soup or stew.

There is a fresh breast in the fridge right now, and I'll be making it in my air fryer for supper.

Thanks for sharing.

26-May-22
Man those look great. I’m hungry!

30-May-22

Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Pat, That recipe cost this jake his life. :). Down to the wire in VT and got this bird this morning specifically to try your recipe.

30-May-22
Congrats Steve, tried to get out in my area this morning on the last day of the season but the Thunderstorms started before we could get up to chase the birds....

30-May-22
Jake's taste great! Way to go Steve, send pics of feast... one more day here in WNY.

30-May-22

Super delicious. Made some air fried asparagus as well. Great dinner.

• Sitka Gear