Missouribreaks 24-May-22
drycreek 24-May-22
HDE 24-May-22
Pop-r 25-May-22
WapitiBob 02-Jun-22
wytex 02-Jun-22
WapitiBob 02-Jun-22
23-May-22
Looks like Wade Lemon is in trouble with DWR for a bear killed by Donald Trump Jr.

The following story was written and researched by The Utah Investigative Journalism Project in partnership with The Salt Lake Tribune.

Utah hunting guide Wade Lemon faces five years in state prison for the death of a Carbon County bear killed during a guided hunt on May 18, 2018.

But Lemon, a well-known guide didn’t pull the trigger — Donald Trump Jr. did, according to the Utah Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Trump Jr. is not named in a recent filin

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2022/05/21/utah-hunting-guide-faces/

23-May-22

Bowboy's Link

23-May-22
If I hire a CPA, I expect them to keep me from getting in a tangle with the IRS relative to the tax code and laws.

If I hire an outfitter, I expect them to keep me from getting into a tangle with a Game and Fish Department relative to game laws of the state in which I am hunting in.

23-May-22
It was an insurrection.

23-May-22
Didn't something similar happen to Nugent?

23-May-22
Fake news

23-May-22
Sounds like baiting…

23-May-22
Sounds like Russian collusion

23-May-22
Probably a much different scenario if this happened in NY instead of UT.

23-May-22
Didnt Lemon have a problem with a client killing a Sheep in the wrong unit like 5 or 6 years ago?

23-May-22
Lots of outfitters are crooks. It’s always fun to listen to the AZ Commission meetings where they cry trying to get sympathy after being charged and facing a loss of their license.

23-May-22
I’ll wait for more facts to become available. Lots of people would do or say anything to discredit the Trump name.

23-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here you go Don K.................

Sounds like the DWR got it wrong there.

23-May-22
"Lots of outfitters are crooks"

What an asinine unfounded statement that is.

Now you just have to prove it ? Which you can't. Just some wives tail that is based on the few bad outfitters that gobble up the news cycles

Bad people in every profession. In fact there are just bad people everywhere but not the majority

This is a perfect illustration of my biggest pet peeve, dumbasses

23-May-22
RK, I would consider who made the accusation before publicly calling them a dumbass. Bob is probably more in touch with the western states fish and game departments than anyone else alive. Im sure he can defend himself just fine, but figured I would vouch for him.

23-May-22
TOTAL BS

Other than DanaC we all know better than to believe this happened.

That is unless there are some Monkeypox people with Bowsite handles out there!

23-May-22
Im thinking who the client was had a lot to do with how this is being handled. Im all for policing our ranks and those of the outfitters but felony charges seems a little excessive.

23-May-22
Some hunters break the rules in order to increase their success. Some outfitters break the rules in order to increase their success.

If you've ever been lumped in with a group because of the actions of a few, when the actions of the few are not up to your standards, then you know how infuriating that can be.

23-May-22
thanks Brandon

24-May-22
Many outfitters are crooks. Why wouldn't they be? It's a greed driven business.

24-May-22
Is that what motivated you to get into the guiding business, Thornton?

24-May-22
Many outfitters are just guys who love to hunt and decided to try and make living at the closest thing to being paid to hunt. As far as being crooks, there are a few just like in every business or profession. There are also plenty that are fantastic, honest, hard working and who value integrity more than making a quick buck. Outfitters are no better or worse than plumbers, doctors, teachers and so on.

I have definitely seen some that should have moved on to something else. They start out great but its a ton of work with thousands of variables and unknowns throwing wrenches in their plan. After a few years the dream job has turned into just a job that requires way more effort and hassle than many other jobs that pay better and are less stress, less hours and less risky. Service starts slipping, the fun is gone, the temptation to take short cuts looks better and better. They are too deep into it to walk away and haven't set things up with an eye towards being able to sell the business. Clients are tolerated instead of cherished.

Its an old story and applies to many businesses besides outfitting.

24-May-22
Guilty

24-May-22
Outfitters are no different than the general hunting community. Let's not pretend hunters are the most law abiding group.

24-May-22
Yeah, well WB is a great guy but that comment was uncalled for. Some outfitters may be crooks but not the ones I know personally.

24-May-22
Did you guys read the entire article? It said the case was closed after an initial investigation back in 2018. It was reopened recently right before the statutes of limitations was about to run out. Then it says later in the article the head of the DWR (who hunted with the outfitter and took a nice bear) retired abruptly after it was made public that he was in charge when the investigation of said outfitter occurred (and the case was closed).

And I’m sure we would not have heard anything about this case were it not for Donald Trump Jr. being involved!

24-May-22
"It's a greed driven business."

Isn't that what most people think Capitalism is? To make as much money as you can?...

24-May-22
Many hunters hunting for an inches score has created some interesting dynamics too.

24-May-22
I’ve been on seven “guided” hunts in my life if I’m remembering all of them and only one of them was an unscrupulous asshole. That’s probably pretty good odds whether you’re talking outfitters or plumbers. As for expecting the outfitter to keep you legal, that one aspect where the asshole fell short, but I blame myself as much as him for that. It is on the hunter to have the proper license, know the laws of that particular place, etc. If I had done my due diligance the asshole could never have fleeced me as he did.

I have no knowledge of the hunt in this scenario, I’m just talking generalities.

24-May-22
^^^ I would disagree to a point on having to know the laws. You need to be familiar with the laws for your part of the hunt; weapon, broadheads, type of sight, let off, etc.. If an outfitter though does some shady things prior to your hunt or during your hunt without your knowledge, then there is really nothing you can do about it.

It's like hiring an attorney but then having to know how to argue and apply the law because you're the client.

25-May-22
WapitiBob hit it on the head! I'm sure there are excellent ones but they seem pretty thin.

02-Jun-22
Just keeps getting better.

By Brian Maffly | May 28, 2022, 5:00 a.m. An additional felony poaching charge has been filed against the prominent Utah hunting guide who was prosecuted earlier this month for illegally using bait to help Donald Trump Jr. kill a black bear in Carbon County in 2018.

Wade Lemon, a guide based in Holden, has been under investigation during the past several years by state wildlife officials who suspect Lemon of leading high-paying clients on trophy hunts using tactics that are banned under Utah hunting regulations.

In the latest case, a sting operation orchestrated last year by the Utah Attorney General’s Office, Lemon is accused of helping a client shoot a cougar in a “canned” hunt staged in Millard County.

“That mountain lion was treed while this hunter was still packing up his car in Sandy, Utah,” said Willoughby, a Davis County assistant district attorney, in reference to the Millard case. “It’s a fraud on him designed to make it look like he’s getting a bona fide hunting experience when in fact there is no hunting, there is no risk, there is no sport involved at all.”

02-Jun-22
I do think WB is right about WLH though, sorry WB I didn't mean to disparage you with my earlier comment.

The new case is interesting as more charges seem to be coming. Monster Muleys has a thread about this that has some info. I believe it is more about WL than Trump in this instance but if he did something illegal he should also face the consequences.

02-Jun-22
WY, no prob. I may have been a bit harsh but the 'net is full of outfitters and guides getting convicted.

• Sitka Gear