kota-man 25-May-22
JTreeman 25-May-22
kota-man 25-May-22
midwest 28-May-22
t-roy 28-May-22
23-May-22
The debate free is just humor!

Here is my feedback and final judgment…

First, both great bows I highly recommend and believe personal preference will be your deciding factor.

Both bows have 60 lbs. limbs, with the Solution on comfort setting.

Both are 28.5” draw length.

BT has a whisker Bisket rest, Hoyt has a QAD drop away.

3 pin on BT, cheap brand sight, 5 pin Black Gold on the Hoyt.

Hoyt chronos an even 270 fps, Solution at 262.

Hoyt copied BT and has no yokes now.

Maybe due to the better sight and rest, but I give an accuracy edge to the Hoyt. Surprised that the Hoyt doesn’t feel lighter given it is carbon, but it feels heavier. It is nearly 4” longer axle to axle than the BT, and for me that also will help my shooting/form be more accurate. Carbon riser might be stiffer, and help accuracy as well?

The Hoyt does have more creep, the BT cam stop pins allow for a completely solid back wall. The Hoyt does seem to engage quicker as well, but not aggressive like the cams on their Spyder bows.

I bought the Solution because I am very pleased with the Revolt I bought with 50 lbs. limbs for cold weather hunting, AND Hoyt is really taking the lead on price point, not in a good way.

Just finished shooting both at 15, 25, and 35 yards and went to 45 with the Hoyt. The BT is more attractive to me, but hands down if I could only have one it is the RX7 Ultra all the way. It just feels better in my hand and that increases my confidence. Like to see them make it in an aluminum riser to get the cost down, but then it might get used as a boat anchor:-)

23-May-22
Want to add I shot both on my range and elevated from the same XOP stands I use to deer hunt.

23-May-22
No, I did not. I should have added that both of these are 7” brace heights and that is something I am convinced I need to shoot accurately. Again, I am not the most talented archer.

390 grain arrow weight, same arrows used for both bows. GT 340 Hunter XT arrows.

23-May-22
Whisker Biscuit?!? They still make those…. ;-)

Interesting, I always like the longer BH myself and have gone back and forth between Bowtech and Hoyt….Nice job Frank!

23-May-22

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Forgot the picture.

24-May-22
The new hoyt carbons are much better looking than in the past, riser doesn't look like a pretzel! Both nice bows but bowtech is a better product, and at half the price this a bargain

24-May-22
Carcus, are you sure? Yes, the carbon is pricey, but most of the “objective” reviews I have read or watched, put the Rx7 Ultra as one of the top bows.

24-May-22
I have shot them both as far as shooting one better, it was about dead even. I really like the Hoyt I just wish they would come down about 5 hundred in price. That said I still prefer my Mathews and love the PSE evolve cam but the rest of the PSE bow make up kind of sucks. Shawn

24-May-22
The aluminum version of the RX7 Ultra is the Ventum Pro 33. It’s about $600 less expensive.

24-May-22
Coondog,

centrum pro is 6 3/8” BH, big difference from 7” for a less than perfect shooter like myself.

24-May-22
Habitat, google brace height and you’ll find a lot on new info that blows that theory out of the water with new bows. There’s been quite a few articles that were written and YouTube videos challenging this theory.

24-May-22
Is anyone on this thread speaking english?

24-May-22
Overall riser length and reflex of a bow have more to do with accuracy/forgiveness with today’s bows than brace height does.

24-May-22
ohiohunter and coondog,

Obviously, you guys know much more than I do! It probably is a mental thing for me, just stuck on that 7" BH, but the Ventrum Pro and RX7 Ultra are both listed at 334 fps so I do not understand the advantage of the lower BH?

Dave, terminology is much easier with trad equipment, it's the shooting that is much more difficult! Again, at least for me.

25-May-22
After owning every new Hoyt the last several years, I went to the Solution SS after shooting everything. It was by far the kindest draw on my old shoulders. I actually went in to pick up the RX7 Ultra and came home with a Solution SS. You can’t go wrong with any of the big manufacturers these days but do yourself a favor…shoot a bunch of bows and buy what fits your needs/likes. We have some great choices. The Solution SS works for me…

25-May-22
Kota-man,

I agree, the Solution set on comfort is easier on the shoulders for sure! As you know you give up some speed with this though.

According to GT’s chart I should actually be shooting a 400 spine. I am inclined to replace the current sight and rest on the Solution to what is on my Ultra. I have 400s for the Revolt, so I will shoot and chrono it to see the difference. I have generally shot between 270 and 280 fps and would like to keep it there as my aiming at varied distances is second nature at those speeds. For me it is all about confidence.

I also agree with you to shoot a bunch of different bows and pick which is best for you. The Solution is a great looking bow!

25-May-22
I also got the Solution SS. I had shoulder surgery and I’m not getting any younger. This bow is a winner if you’re in these categories.

25-May-22
Just sold my back up Solution SS to a buddy that just had shoulder surgery. He’s loving it! I’d love to find a 50 lber…

25-May-22

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
I get so tired of Kota-man copying off of me…. I’m shooting the Solution SS in comfort this year as well. First non-Hoyt bow for me in probably 10-12 years.

—jim

25-May-22
Where’s the “like” button?

28-May-22
Jim, I'll give you $10 for that Stan PerfeX.

28-May-22
Jim….I never saw six rooms full of clothing/gear, when I was at your house awhile back….

• Sitka Gear