Dale Hajas 25-May-22
Dale Hajas 25-May-22
Dale Hajas 25-May-22
orionsbrother 25-May-22
Rock 27-May-22
24-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I have been trying to upgrade all of my equipment to rechargable instead of having to use disposable batteries. I just picked up this lantern that can also be used as a powerbank to charge other devices. It has 3 settings and will run 5.5 hours on high and 10 hours on the medium setting. I tried it out last night and on high it lit up my whole room. Will probably only use it on the medium or low setting. It is compact and lightweight for a lantern at about 12 Oz.

24-May-22
Looks good Perry. Thanks for the heads up and the review thus far. I really like checking out new gear!

24-May-22
Me too Jim! Always looking to upgrade my gear to something better.

The battery seems to be very good! I turned it on and left it on all day on HIGH. So far it is better than advertised. Passed the 8 hour mark and still on. Looks a bit dim and the low power indicator is on but still putting out light.........

24-May-22
Thanks for the heads up. I just replaced batteries in headlamp and flashlights getting ready for a hog hunt in a couple of weeks. Been thinking of switching to rechargeable on everything as it gets tiresome putting in new ones and carrying spares.

24-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
You’re welcome Brian. If you are looking for a headlamp I highly recommend this one! I have 2 of them now (always need a “backup”) and bought 2 more for my buddies. We all LOVE them! NO MORE (disposable) batteries! ;-)

24-May-22
I picked up a couple of these solar yard lights for camp. Charge all day and work through the night. I shine one at my gear tent and another toward the “bathroom” area. So nice to get out of tent in the early morning and already have a light on outside camp. And when you return to camp in the evening, the light is on already and my orange gear tent really provides a beacon. Bulky but weighs just ounces. Best elk camp improvement I’ve made in years.

24-May-22

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Norseman 's embedded Photo

24-May-22

Sam's embedded Photo
Sam's embedded Photo
This one’s cute, light house mini by goal zero.

25-May-22
Just passed the 10 hr mark and it is still lit. Very dim, but still running. That's on HIGH, so I'm thinking if I run it on medium and low power I should get double that run time or more..................plenty for my needs! I'm kinda shocked how much this thing OVER performed! Well, time to charge it up for my float trip next week......................................

25-May-22
Good stuff guys, thanks for sharing!

Perry, I really like the headlamp and will have my wife looking on her Amazon Prime this eve.

Norseman, that is a great idea for the solar light in camp. I'll definitely be doing that for my back pack trout trips with my son this summer.

Sam, I really like the way the handle doubles as a stand on your light.

You guys are going to have me upgrading my light situation.

25-May-22
I looked at the Goal Zero but it was more expensive, over a pound in weight and much brighter than I needed.

25-May-22
I have a bunch of these little LED lanterns. My favorite are the Fenix but they are on the heavy side if you are backpacking. I have a couple I bought at REI that are light though not as good as the Fenix.

25-May-22
They're all good until the battery fails and quits taking a charge. Hopefully not while you're in the backcountry NEEDING it.

25-May-22
I use two Luci lights for backpacking hunts, super cheap, lasts a long time, very lightweight, even my oldest one is still working after 7 or 8 years. I stick one in the tipi and one hanging outside, can't say I have ever ran out of light on a hunt.

25-May-22
Pop-r, the newer Lithium Ion batteries they put in these rechargable devices nowadays are game changers! Nothing like the batteries of years ago..............

25-May-22

Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Jackery.com
Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Jackery.com
Check out the Black diamond remoji. The company can’t keep up with sales. $20 -$40 Lumens arent all measured the same. Some measure at the bulb some measure from 9 feet away…. Or something like that. Check YouTube- search top camping lanterns or Amazon for reviews. I use a 13lb 500w power center from Jackery for my bipap while camping. I get 5 nights of operation by running it on the DC plug. Jackery makes a small hanging light for $39 that gives you 54,000 hrs of light. Attaches most anywhere. I’m torn between the Jackery and the Remoji as it offers softer colors for tent pics. Search for what you want there are a zillion different companies making cool useful stuff for camping, backpacking, snow camping, ice fishing etc etc .

25-May-22
Black Diamond Remoji

https://youtu.be/_N82jKD3nSw

25-May-22

Dale Hajas's Link

25-May-22
I’m with mrelite.

I use Luci Lights. Lightweight, collapsible, waterproof. But they have to be turned on by a switch.

If I want a visual cue for coming back to the tent after dark, I hang a UV Paqlite on my fly.

27-May-22
X3 on the Luci light mentioned by merlite and orionsbrother

• Sitka Gear