PaddledIN 26-May-22
RT 26-May-22
carcus 27-May-22
RonP 27-May-22
Mike Ukrainetz 27-May-22
Whatthefoc 28-May-22
SteveB 29-May-22
24-May-22
I am committed to using a 125gr head this year for elk and deer out west. The setup is a 496 grain FMJ 28" draw 73lb Hoyt. I do like the slick trick's and have had good success with the viper trick although they do not come in a 125 gr version. Was shooting the Grizz Trick a little and I think it's not bad. Not interested in mechanical's but very interested in what the members think would be worth some further interest.

24-May-22
Viper tricks most certainly do come in 125gr. I’ve been using them for several years.

24-May-22
Good friend uses QAD Exodus 125 grain. Sharp and built well. 1.25 inch cut also. Little larger than most.

24-May-22
WYO bull shooter I am mistaken.

24-May-22
I’ve had very good success on elk and elk size African animals with SlickTrick, Magnus Stingers, and Iron Will, all in 125 Gr. My preference for elk would be in reverse order of how I listed them.

24-May-22
No problem, just wanted you to know they do come in 125gr. I agree, they’re a great BH.

24-May-22
Double post

24-May-22
The wicked trick looks very similar to the VT.

25-May-22
Just this year I am changing from the 125 VT. Qad Exodus is what I chose. Just got my first pack to try. Have only shot about dozen arrows with them, but from 20-50 they hit same as FT and same as the VT. I got the swept blade and still plan on trying the full blade. I am happy with them, very well built. They're worth a try.

FYI - Swept blade considered barbed. So check the regs in any states you are going to hunt. Could be illegal.

25-May-22
If your looking to try somthin else give annihilator or evolution outdoors a look thier all stainless at 125gr. And thick blades for elk hunting. They fly great out of my setup to 100 yds.

25-May-22
I've used 125s of various brands for close to 50 years. Killed a ton of deer and elk and other stuff with Muzzy 4 and 3 blades (after sharpening the tips to be COC). My partner used Slick Tricks sucessfully for decades. I'm now using Iron Wills and very happy with them. I'm not sure that extra 25 grains makes any difference in the real world.

25-May-22
My sight tape and FOC is good with the 125grains, bow is shooting very accurate at the current setup, the extra weight can't hurt for putting down a 6 point bull either!

25-May-22
I had to check out the Exodus due to all the hype on here and others I trust. It is one heck of a broadhead.

25-May-22

Beendare's embedded Photo
Recovered from my bull elk many years ago lodged in the offside ribs
Beendare's embedded Photo
Recovered from my bull elk many years ago lodged in the offside ribs
IMO, Nothing wrong with more steel in The working end of your arrow.

I don’t like designs that put the blade in a position to chop its way in, as it can dull them on hair, hide and bone. I want my broadhead to stay razor sharp through the entire animal.

A tapered design will do that. It slides in putting less pressure on the actual edge keeping it razor sharp. I went away from the slick tricks that chop their way in years ago.

25-May-22
Ive had a couple pass thru's with Viper Tricks on elk, that's my experience. The Exodus is something I am going to try and see how they fly out of my set up.

25-May-22
All the heads listed here are great and would be deadly. I'd probably choose whichever head flew best out of my bow. I'm currently a Magnus Stinger shooter. They fly amazing.

25-May-22
I liked Slicks until they screwd up the threads and ferrule on the new ones. I've had great luck with Ramcat 100's and 125's on elk.

25-May-22
I’ve used the same 125 Montec for 3 years. 3 deer, 2 moose, one bear and an elk, but who’s counting. Good success - I like em.

The one thing I don’t like about the head is that after every pass thru - it is dull. I sharpen it before the next use, but it seems like it doesn’t hold the edge well. My plan is to upgrade to a similar design made with better steel when I start getting low on broadheads. But at this rate, Ill die before I use up these Montecs.

26-May-22
125 grain Buckblaster by Rocket.Best penetrator: I've shot this particular head since 96'.End2End F2R on a buck back in 08'smashing through his femur on the exit.All that witnessed the recovery were awestruck by that arrows results.beman PC carbon5565 small diameter Xtra stiff shaft w.aluminum outsert.key for maximum kinetic energy.

26-May-22
125 grain Buckblaster by Rocket.Best penetrator: I've shot this particular head since 96'.End2End F2R on a buck back in 08'smashing through his femur on the exit.All that witnessed the recovery were awestruck by that arrows results.beman PC carbon5565 small diameter Xtra stiff shaft w.aluminum outsert.key for maximum kinetic energy.

26-May-22
VPA's "work". Plus they are having a sale through the weekend.

27-May-22
Nothing better than a qad exodus, some might be as good but cost 3 times more

27-May-22
the original savora swept-wing broadheads. you can find them on ebay. or, i may have some i could part with. no low ball offers though, i know what i have. :)

27-May-22
G5 Striker, very sharp right out of the box, sharp pointy head for cut on contact and they maintain their sharpness. Or an Ironwill head if you can take the price. I do think Ironwill are in a better class all of their own, compared to all other fixed blade heads.

28-May-22
Anybody tried the Tuffhead 3 blade? I’m looking at the 150 grain - the monolithic construction from tool steel has me interested.

29-May-22
QAD Exodus - outstanding heads.

• Sitka Gear