luckychucky 24-Jun-22
SDHNTR(home) 24-Jun-22
thedude 24-Jun-22
Aspen Ghost 24-Jun-22
badbull 24-Jun-22
Chuckster 03-Jul-22
Grey Ghost 03-Jul-22
27-May-22
I know a bunch of us were watching and rooting for Clay on season 8 of Alone. Anybody have someone they are rooting for this year? Any bowhunters?

27-May-22
I love the show and enjoyed watching Clay last season. I haven’t had a chance to watch the new season opener yet.

28-May-22
No

28-May-22

28-May-22
NO

28-May-22
No

28-May-22
Im betting a woman wins it this season

28-May-22
Funny to watch the public get all twitter-pated over what a bunch of Alaskans do on their traplines every season!

Pete

03-Jun-22
I don't know anything about the show which this thread is about.

I was hoping someone finally started a thread about hating to be around people. If my wife tells me I have to go peopling I get anxiety.

03-Jun-22
What channel is it on?

03-Jun-22
So last nite I watched that show,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT A JOKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Harmless TV, but the real world,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO

03-Jun-22
Jebediah, History Channel

04-Jun-22
groundhunter50, whats the joke, and who said anything about real world. you watched one show and probably don't even know the rules they are playing by. they are on their own to solve their problems, they could chose 10 items from a approved list to bring with them. the one who lasts the longest wins. most seasons it lasted about 70 to 80 days. one went 100 days. sure there are the weak who get weeded out pretty quickly. if they ask for help they are out, they have had their shelters burn down in the middle of the night and have to wait until morning for rescue in sub zero temperatures. they have been forced out by sever frost bite, falling on an axe, fishhook stuck in tendon, heart issues, and excessive weight loss. until the last few seasons they survived on mostly mice, fish, and rabbits. then one got a big game animal with his bow and ever since every winner has scored a big game animal. one guy finished off a musk ox (still on its feet) with his knife! another killed a wolverine with his bow because it was stealing his meat. it may be a tv show but its a lot more real world then most hunting shows now days.

04-Jun-22
Well said LFN. While the show may be what the editors make it to be, there's nothing scripted, fake or over-dramatized about what goes on.

With how good the fish are biting I am surprised no one's made a smoker, and put in the effort to fill it. Make hay while the Sun shines, 'cause when winter rolls in, food is going to get scarce in a hurry.

04-Jun-22
Finished watching episode 2 last night. Pretty impressed with the guy who colored his hair with some green and pink so he could cut some off to tie a fly. Actually caught fish with it. Down to 9 now.

10-Jun-22
It makes for great tv. something very compelling. especially nearing the end when the mind starts playing tricks on them from being out there so long.

10-Jun-22
We enjoy watching the series. A couple of this year's competitors are very impressive.

I think the lady SERE Instructor, the Canadian Forces Dr and Adam have a very good shot at going far.

11-Jun-22
Overall, I think this season's participants have the most experience dealing with living in these conditions. This season may set a record for most days however the weather is the big X factor. Been a couple pretty impressive shelters made.

Dano, since you know someone who did this, do you know if they "medically" check everyone frequently. I've noticed sometimes on the screen it says someone has lost XX pounds since day one.

17-Jun-22
Funny to see a laxative commercial right after the guy talked about not pooping for 12 days!

21-Jun-22
You have to pay to be on, how much? I like watching it and it's nice to see some so called bushcrafters figure out there's a difference between your back yard and the real wilderness.

22-Jun-22
I think the beaver eaters have the advantage.

22-Jun-22
One lady is a Military SERE instructor. A bit more than a so-called bushcrafter.

23-Jun-22
double post

23-Jun-22
Everything on TV is produced and we see what they want us to see. My family has been Survivor fans since the beginning; we like the social aspect and challenges. I like to watch the Naked and Afraid XL shows; I'm sure it is really super produced and edited, seems like someone should've been eaten by wild game by now. I really like Deadliest Catch; no matter what how they produce and edit that show, it is an incredibly dangerous profession and I like seeing how they catch the crab. Alone has become my favorite show; I have no doubt that the selection process is geared towards a particular outcome, but I think it's as close to real survival as you can get and I like that they do it in a cold climate.

23-Jun-22
I enjoy the show, love the shelters they build, some are very impressive!

23-Jun-22
Never watched it until tonight

Probably did not give I a true chance. But WTH!

Even bow hunting society is crashing to the ground

Lmao, guess people need a life no matter what it is

23-Jun-22
I don’t watch any of those shows but am friends with Clay Hayes and have heard him talk about his Alone experience. He’s a no-drama guy and the real deal, been living that kind of lifestyle for many years now. Btw, he’s got a book out now about winning last season’s Alone contest….twistedstave.com

23-Jun-22
Never watched it until tonight

Probably did not give I a true chance. But WTH!

Even bow hunting society is crashing to the ground

Lmao, guess people need a life no matter what it is

24-Jun-22
yes always eat fresh beaver. Though beaver fever is in the water.

24-Jun-22
Watching and rooting for a friend of mine currently on season 9. Hard core trad bowhunter, woodsman and physical specimen. He's got the chops to go the distance if he stays healthy.

24-Jun-22
Cnelk, being a SERE instructor isn't the deal that the show makes it out to be. 25% the instructors when I went through SERE-C were bush crafter hippies and the other 75% were active military or vets.

I'd put my money on a hill person who has spent a winter alone over most SERE trainers.

24-Jun-22
The name of the show really gets to the core of it. Most tap out because they simply cannot be "alone" for extended periods. I'm guessing 75% (maybe more) tap out due to loneliness. The other 25% are comfortable enough being alone and those are the ones who have a chance to win if their survival skills are good enough and if they are fortunate enough to be dropped in a good spot.

24-Jun-22
Agree with Aspen regarding "alone for extended periods". The few times that I have hunted completely alone for an extended period was a bummer. With nobody to share experiences, I find myself talking to myself and wishing a family member or friend was there with me. Not practical but a dog would have made the difference for me.

03-Jul-22
I've been impressed with the archery skills of the participants. They only have 9 arrows and they're popping grouse out of the trees. And Juan Pablo pin wheeling that white weasel was a great shot.

03-Jul-22
I had never watched the program, so I binged watched the first 2 series recently. They obviously cast a few people who they know will tap out quickly, and a few that have actual wilderness skills and the mentality to last a long time. Overall, I found the show mildly entertaining, but all the emotional breakdowns towards the end of each series got a little old to watch. I doubt I'll watch any more of them.

Matt

• Sitka Gear