Wildan2 30-May-22
ahunter76 30-May-22
spike78 30-May-22
recurve43 31-May-22
buckeye 31-May-22
30-May-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Just curious how many keep ducks? Hell post chickens if you have them. In this day and age I decided to beef up the garden and the eggs/meat as well. Already have eggs going on the first day I brought them home. Decided on 2 Muscovy ducks and a Drake for starters.

30-May-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo

30-May-22

GFL's embedded Photo
GFL's embedded Photo
Not ducks but….

30-May-22

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Yep, Chickens and a dog who thinks she’s a chicken! No ducks tho.

30-May-22
We had some Muskcovies for a while. The rascals started eating the siding off the house so they hit the road. We replaced them with Mallard and Call ducks and really enjoyed them. They flew very well and when I would put them up at night they would be on the pond and I could call them and they would fly large circles then finally land at my feet and walk in the door of the pen. Hope you like the Muskcovies better than we did.

30-May-22
I keep a number of ducks in my freezer. They require very little upkeep. I imagine they will come out of the freezer soon and transfer to the plate.

Oh, and congratulations with your early success on duck eggs. My freezer ducks will not be producing any of those.

30-May-22
Way too messy for me;I have had birds for 35 years,tried ducks.

30-May-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Daughter has around 20 chickens & just added 30 chicks to her flock. Growing up we had Ducks, Geese & Chickens. Butchering days were special & with Mom chopping heads off with & Ax & me & 3 siblings trying to harness the headless bodies hoping around was quite a day. Yes, that's how it was done in the 50s...

30-May-22
Yup I won’t lie they sure are messy and they seem to eat non stop.

31-May-22
On the other hand, scovies eat really well!

31-May-22
I've had chickens for years and only ate the ornery roosters. This year I'm doing Cornish cross meat chickens. All they want to do is eat. Butcher day is in two weeks but I'm sure a few might take another week. We also bought 4 turkeys which are by far the nicest things I've ever raised. One may grace our table this fall. We have been raising bees as well. Lots to learn yet on those

• Sitka Gear