SWO 's embedded Photo
3 bears came in on the 1st night
SWO 's embedded Photo
3 bears came in on the 1st night
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
Hello everyone, we just finished up our bear season and thought I give a little recap on how everything went. As this was a new area that hadn’t been hunted I got the baits out early cus I knew they would take a while for the bears to start working them. Our first week went great, going 6/6 with a couple of good quality bear. Everyone this week was bow hunting. The guys were great to have in camp and they managed to entertain them selves with some walleye fishing during the days.

05-Jun-22
The weather was great and it was cool enough that there wasn’t any bugs! Bonus one hunter watched a really nice bear that we were targeting for a while the first night. Unfortunately he didn’t shoot him. On Wednesday we had a big boy hit the dirt. It was a challenge getting him loaded up with my self and an older hunter.

05-Jun-22
Glad to hear you had a successful season Adam. Brian said Hilyer Lake is a very good bear area several times. Congratulations!

05-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo

05-Jun-22
Beautiful bear! No scale? Right eating size walleyes too.

05-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
Thanks,ya they did pretty good for fishing from shore. That last one was just over 350lbs

06-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
On Thursday there were a few big boys roaming around. 2 big ones showed up right at the same time and they spooked each other off and the hunter never got a shot. At another stand there was a good boar that the hunter couldn’t get a good shot opportunity at but then an hour later another big boar came in for it done.

08-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
On the last night the guy who passed up a really nice bear on night one( and who was no kicking himself, and taking lots of rubbing from his group) had 5 bears In front on him. He slipped an arrow in a nice boar and just like that everyone was tagged out for the week.

26-Jun-22
Second week went off without a hitch. I only had 2 hunters in camp but the first night we were able to take a really big boar that weighted 390lbs and squared out at 7’2.

27-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo

27-Jun-22

27-Jun-22
Tremendous bears. Congrats on a great season.

30-Jun-22
Thanks!

30-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo
The second night we had another nice bear with a fellow bow site member This one bear was pretty unique. He only had 3 legs. It’s amazing that these animals have such a will to survive.

30-Jun-22

SWO 's embedded Photo
SWO 's embedded Photo

30-Jun-22
I think you need a bigger ATV! Those bears are toads! Congrats on a great season.

30-Jun-22
Congrats. One of your biggest successes has to be somehow convincing your clients not to shoot smaller bears!

30-Jun-22
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Josh hunting at SWO. What a class act!

• Sitka Gear