TGbow 11-Jun-22
Paul@thefort 11-Jun-22
t-roy 11-Jun-22
t-roy 11-Jun-22
t-roy 11-Jun-22
10-Jun-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Just when you thought you might have seen in all, the unexpected happens. Driving through the wide open sagebrush flats south of Walden Colorado on a gravel road, expecting to see a pronghorn or two, this bear crosses the road in front of me. By the time I got out the camera and focused in, it was 400 yards away and crossing the next ridge.

10-Jun-22

The bear continued on and over the ridge. I ran the truck up the road and around the hill to cut him off.

10-Jun-22

a few minutes later he shows up and heading down the ridge to the road. I turned around to cut him off for a better picture.
a few minutes later he shows up and heading down the ridge to the road. I turned around to cut him off for a better picture.

10-Jun-22

The bear crossed the road in front of truck and headed up the next hill, leaving a dust trail behind
The bear crossed the road in front of truck and headed up the next hill, leaving a dust trail behind

10-Jun-22
That is a pretty one for sure. Thanks for sharing!

10-Jun-22

it topped the ridge and with one look back, was gone.
it topped the ridge and with one look back, was gone.
10 seconds later, this cow and calf showed up in the same place where the bear had just disappeared. I am sure they were thinking, "Oh shit, we got wolves around and now bears also. "
10 seconds later, this cow and calf showed up in the same place where the bear had just disappeared. I am sure they were thinking, "Oh shit, we got wolves around and now bears also. "

10-Jun-22
We are starting to see more and more bears on the open fields and plains of ND too. Very adaptable species.

10-Jun-22
Man that’s awesome Paul. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good size black bear.

10-Jun-22
Beautiful bear! I bet that got the old ticker going a little faster. We had a black bear run through my neighbors yard a couple years ago. He stuck around the local lake for a few days before moving on, caused quite a stir with social media and local tv. My wife and I were sitting in our back yard when the bear went through but we didn't see him.

Thanks for sharing the experience and pictures!

10-Jun-22
Beautiful bear!

10-Jun-22
Lol…He was just out for a stroll!

10-Jun-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
That’s awesome Paul. I drove out a couple hours from home this week and seen the predator trifecta. A wolf, a bear and a coyote. Of course the ONE TIME I didn’t have my DSLR. Took a cell phone pic of the wolf.

10-Jun-22
Bear populations are on the rise in many places. Need more hunters targeting them.

11-Jun-22
It's breeding season. "That stuff will make a young man go a long ways".

11-Jun-22
Awsome

11-Jun-22
Castle Oak, 10x

11-Jun-22
Always fun seeing something unexpected out in the wild. Very cool, Paul!

11-Jun-22

11-Jun-22

• Sitka Gear