SBH 11-Jun-22
SBH 11-Jun-22
HDE 11-Jun-22
t-roy 11-Jun-22
Scrappy 11-Jun-22
11-Jun-22

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
This is my first year having two elk tags in two different states. Excited and nervous, looking for advice from those that travel and hunt multiple states in one trip.

If successful in the first state what to do with meat and head? I really don't want to have a butcher cut my meat up, yuck. Thinking of getting a motel for a couple nights and butcher and label all my packages then try to find a butcher or small grocery store to store the meat for me. I think I'm going to drop the head off at a taxidermist I used last year for my euro mount and see if they will store it for me.

Any other ideas you guys may have would be greatly appreciated.

I know real third world problems here right. Oh ya and I'm accepting donations for fuel as well.

11-Jun-22
I always go to Wyoming on the first trip and bring the meat with me going down to Colorado. There’s a cooler we use in Colorado that we use for what we kill in Wyoming. The last 2 days in Colorado we spend processing the meat and get it froze for the trip back home. And I drive to and from Georgia.

11-Jun-22
Most meat lockers around here will let you hang meat for a daily fee!!

11-Jun-22
When I was processing WG we charged anywhere between 10-15 dollars a day for hanging. Depending on the size and how much space it would take it up. That’s if we had room to just hang it. That was few years ago so I wouldn’t be surprised if prices have gone up. As far as the “yuck” comment about having a processor take care of it for you, we will just have to agree to disagree there.

11-Jun-22
wish i could figure this elk hunting thing out... so frustrating

good luck man! stack em up!!0

11-Jun-22
If you had the room to bring a freezer with you, and knew someone between your first and second hunt - drop it off - give em a few elk steaks, or some of their favorite alcohol brand, etc, etc.????????

11-Jun-22
Lol…Don’t be trying to bogart my Go Fund Me page Scrap! You got this…A lil calling around and you’ll find meat locker if needed…

11-Jun-22
Make sure you have that game plan in place before hand for sure. Don’t know what states your hunting but the processors around my neck of the woods fill up fast, most likely won’t b able to store it for you. May be ok during archery season but I’ve been denied before. In the process of building a walk in cooler as we speak. Can be dang hot in September. Have a great time man, sounds fun!

11-Jun-22
Make sure you have that game plan in place before hand for sure. Don’t know what states your hunting but the processors around my neck of the woods fill up fast, most likely won’t b able to store it for you. May be ok during archery season but I’ve been denied before. In the process of building a walk in cooler as we speak. Can be dang hot in September. Have a great time man, sounds fun!

11-Jun-22
A grocery store isn't going to store it for you. Kind of a USDA and food handlers liability thing.

11-Jun-22
What states are you hunting, scrappy? Maybe knowing that, some guys might have some more specific suggestions for you. BTW…..I’m all tapped out after sending my donation to Ike’s Go-Fund-Me page. Sorry I can’t help you out on the gas.

11-Jun-22
Montana and Wyoming T-roy. Going to be stopping out and visiting with the taxidermist next week while driving through. Might hit them up for a place to store a small deep freeze and just take mine out with me.

• Sitka Gear