Scrappy 23-Jun-22
ND String Puller 23-Jun-22
air leak 23-Jun-22
Thornton 24-Jun-22
'Ike' (Phone) 24-Jun-22
Shawn 24-Jun-22
RT 24-Jun-22
23-Jun-22
I'm looking for a specific boot, without success.

Mid hiker, wide width, Gore Tex, 200 or 400 Thinsulate or equal insulation. Prefer made in USA.

Either the boot is available in medium width only, or the boot is uninsulated.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

23-Jun-22
Check out Danner boots. Their Mountain Pass or Danner Ridge models sounds like what you are looking for. They both have Thinsulate insulation, GoreTex waterproofing, wide sizes available, and are made in Portland Oregon. Great boots, but not inexpensive.

23-Jun-22

JMG's Link
Check out Kenetrek boots. Click on link.

23-Jun-22
Crispi Nevada or Wild Rock

23-Jun-22
Kennetrek and Crispi are not made in the USA. Great boots, just not USA made.

23-Jun-22
"Prefer made in USA." That may be your biggest stumbling block.

23-Jun-22
Keen Boots make some good stuff

23-Jun-22
Danner has specific boots made in the USA. When I was looking for USA boots, I found that other manufacturers made them as well. But you need to go to their websites and look. Each had a specific category. I ended up going with Danner's Crater Rim boot-all USA made. They're a solid boot. They fit your description, but I don't know whether they have an insulated version. Good luck.

23-Jun-22
I'll bite, is there any good hiking boot made in the us?

23-Jun-22

ND String Puller's Link
Miendl aren’t made in the US but they’re worth a look. We’ve been hunting in them over 20years. Check out the “comfort fit” line. The the guys running the website are ex Cabela’s employees. Very friendly to deal with, give them a call before you buy they are happy to help.

23-Jun-22
Thanks guys. The Danner Crater Rim is exactly what I'm looking for except that it's not insulated. I would like at least 200 gr of insulation, for spring turkey and early bow season.

Crispi Nevada is the closest thing for what I want.

I really like the Danner boot, and I may just get it 1 size larger, and wear a second mid weight sock.

Thanks again for the replies.

24-Jun-22
Last 2 pairs of Danners didn't last me a whole year. Waste of money.

24-Jun-22
Kennetrek, Whites and Lowa…

24-Jun-22
Airleak, 200 is not much and you can make that up with a good pair of socks!! Shawn

24-Jun-22
Well if you are interested, I have a pair of barely used Crispi Guides in 9.5. Son outgrew them in 6 months haha. 225 Tyd.

• Sitka Gear