TEmbry 26-Jun-22
Ron Niziolek 26-Jun-22
molsonarcher 26-Jun-22
longsprings 26-Jun-22
Pete In Fairbanks 27-Jun-22
molsonarcher 27-Jun-22
bigeasygator 27-Jun-22
26-Jun-22
I’m looking for anyone with insight, experience, recommendations on a Kodiak goat/black tail hunt. I’m seriously considering making a hunt like this happen, and realizing it actually could be a real possibility for me. I have done some looking around on the internet, and sent a few emails with no response yet. I want to do this with archery equipment only, and want to make every effort to be successful and have a good hunt.

Anyone who has anything to offer, please do, and thanks in advance.

26-Jun-22

kscowboy's Link
Contact Cole Kramer. I have his cell if you need it.

26-Jun-22
I could never get Cole to respond to me. Im booked with Mike Munsey for this fall though theyve never taken bow hunters before. I missed a goat in the chugach with my bow and chose him based on recommendations and that I can hunt 2 goats if need be. I think most people will recommend the draw system road hunt for the goats and deer will be winterkill dependant. Imm be happy to touch base after my hunt in October

26-Jun-22
TXCO i appreciate it and look forward to it. Ive looked at him but havent reached out based on the rifle thing. All his pics are of rifle hunters.

26-Jun-22
Jeremy Ruesink is a guy I wouldn’t hesitate to call at all with questions on Kodiak goat hunts. He’s always been a very honest person in my interactions with him and I know he personally has a lot of archery experience. I’m not sure how many archery clients they have taken but they can get you on a great hunt. For potential trophy and pressure reasons, I’d look at Draw road system areas to hunt Kodiak for goats.

26-Jun-22
Cole Kramer and Paul Chervenak.

26-Jun-22
Thanks Trevor. I havent reached out to him yet, but i will. Ron, ive sent emails to both of your recos. Really hoping i can make it happen. It would be a most epic adventure.

26-Jun-22
You go bud get it done

27-Jun-22
Guides get a metric shit ton of emails. You might try calling or writing a real letter... just so your query stands out.

Also realize that since guiding seldom is an individual's sole source of income, guides may be busy with commercial fishing, construction, or other off-season employment.

I'm not suggesting that a guide ignoring your email is good business practice! Only that sometimes it is a seasonal reality.

Pete

27-Jun-22
Thanks Pete. I do get that guides have other things to do, and lots of other hunters looking to do the same as me. Im just starting the process and understand there is a wait, and am just trying to find a fit somewhere. This would be my buggest expenditure on a hunt to date, and i want to make sure i get it right, with the right person for a guide.

27-Jun-22
Haven’t hunted with either of them but Paul or Cole would be my choice on Kodiak. I’m debating doing a Kodiak hunt or going back to BC, and those are the guys I have in mind if I go the Kodiak route.

• Sitka Gear