Whatthefoc 08-Jul-22
c5ken 08-Jul-22
carcus 09-Jul-22
fuzzy 09-Jul-22
loprofile 11-Jul-22
great white 12-Jul-22
Potro 12-Jul-22
26-Jun-22
What head are you shooting if cost is not a consideration.

26-Jun-22

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Oh Bou.., you set me up!

The bear camp special, “ Iron Wonts”

26-Jun-22
Lol. You always manage to keep Bowsite active.

And I remember years ago LOTS of people said they wouldn’t pay $100 for 3 Iron Wills or any broadhead that cost that much.…..and now…… cost of a broadhead doesn’t matter any more. Quality is king. Find a good one that holds up, stays sharp and kills.

26-Jun-22
Zwickey

26-Jun-22
Cavemen used to shoot sharpened rocks. It's all about placement.

26-Jun-22
IW, but there’s others pretty good.

26-Jun-22
I bought 1 doz deepower chinese heads for $20, they'll get shot to see how they do and I'll use those, a spitfire mechanical, or a slick trick standard.

26-Jun-22
The QAD Exodus works well and costs $42.99 for three or about $14 a piece. There are heads more expensive than that?

26-Jun-22
Allen get the job done, even on mt lion.

26-Jun-22
would stay with what i shoot

slik

26-Jun-22
After seeing the Iron Won't in bear camp, I would go with the Iron Will

26-Jun-22
Rage, Grim Reaper, Exodus, Innerloc Falcons

26-Jun-22
VPA, what I'm shooting now. If money wasn't an option, I'd buy a bunch of different ones off the shelf and do some testing.

26-Jun-22
Sevr, Rage, QAD Exodus, Iron Will depending on what I’m killing. Have bought all of them.

As of right now Sevr 1.5 will get the biggest workload

26-Jun-22
What does $$$ have to do with it? Shoot whatever heads that hit where you’re aiming, and worry about more important things.

Matt

26-Jun-22
What if those heads that “hit where you’re aiming”, are expandables?

26-Jun-22
Iron Will for me. I've killed elk with 14 different heads. One has performed the best overall.

27-Jun-22
"What if those heads that “hit where you’re aiming”, are expandables?".

Seppuku - the only option.

27-Jun-22
I have enough first hand experience with spitfire mechanicals and dead bulls to know they aren’t an issue for me. Elkman has killed a cpl dozen with a Rage and I suspect he feels the same way. As they say, your mileage may vary.

27-Jun-22
Magnus regardless of price.

27-Jun-22
ive killed elk with zwickey and magnus and still use 'em. i don't see a need to change regardless of what others claim or what they cost. i like the looks of the vpa but have not used them.

we're lucky, lots of choices for a wide range of $$$

27-Jun-22
Magnus glue on broadheads. Money isn't a factor. Got a lifetime's supply.

27-Jun-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
I hunted Eland in May with a 48# recurve. I used a Valkyrie Reign arrow and Valkyrie Jagger 250 grain head. They flew and penetrated great. I really like the system. BUT, the Jagger head is a pain to sharpen. And in my opinion is not as good of Steel as the Iron Will. If money is no object. Iron Will all day for me.

This picture is the follow up shot. The first shot was hard quartering away. The first arrow drove all the way to the opposite shoulder and stopped. He went 80 yds and stopped behind thick brush. We were able to sneak back into range. And at approximately 30 yards facing me at a slight angle I got this second arrow in him. It drive through some shoulder into the chest and he went another 30-40 yards.

So the Valkyrie gave great penetration and is a great arrow system. I just wish Valkyrie would make the pin system to accommodate which ever BH the customer prefers. Instead of being forced to use the Valkyrie head.

27-Jun-22
"we're lucky, lots of choices for a wide range of $$$" Yes!

27-Jun-22
Coming from nothing…..$$ will never not matter to me.

Sure now that I have a few bucks, I do buy nice stuff. Zero advantage for me to buying more expensive BHs…. The cheap one some shooting stay razor sharp through every animal. The only time I have to replace them instead of re-sharpening is when I hit a rock or a burrows in the ground and I lose it. A more expensive head won’t help me with that.

IME, the head design contributes as much to its ability to stay sharp through the animal as the steel quality- in other words expensive steel isn’t a big factor on a tapered 2 blade.

I’ve been shooting those super cheap GK 2 blades, those and the magnus buzzcuts. They do everything my expensive heads do. Good steel, fly perfect and I can easily resharpen them in 2 minutes razor sharp and reuse multiple times making my cost per animal extremely low.

27-Jun-22
I had shoot many animals, (eland, moose, Brown bear etc) with Muzzy and Thunderhead broad heads The 6 heads don't cost you more than 40 dollars

27-Jun-22
I haven’t laid my hands on any of the Iron Will products, yet, but the highest quality blades I’ve owned were the German Kinetics Silver Flames.

Matt

27-Jun-22
Capital cost, or total cost of ownership???

If, with my $20 ‘expensive’ broadhead, I get a passthru every time - then sharpen and use again … say 9 times in a row (and counting :) … Is it more expensive than 9 single use el-cheapo mechs? PS - this equation doesn’t even include all the shafts that would have run away or busted due to no pass thru.

I’ve been using the same 3 pack of broadheads for 5 years. Sometimes the more expensive item is actually the less expensive item.

27-Jun-22
I have a new long bow coming this week.... Last year I bought the Rexpid 2 blade fixed and was very happy with them.

27-Jun-22
Bad to the bone muzzy

27-Jun-22
The $ doesn't matter. Whatever is sharp and gets the job done. PERIOD. I am not a fan of mechs personally but if they work for you then go for it. Same with all the different styles of fixed blade, go with what works for your setup and will work for the animal you are after.

27-Jun-22
VPA stainless. I put the same head through a bear, deer, and pronghorn last year and it is still like new after a touch up. It's one of the few things I can count on during a hunt.

I know 3 animals isn't many compared to some others who claim over a dozen on one head, but I'm sure these are in the same boat. Same one piece steel, simple, sharp head.

27-Jun-22
What head are you shooting if cost is not a consideration.

30-Jun-22
wasp jakhammers, vortex or slick trick 100 standards.

30-Jun-22
Probably be a ranch fairy three blade. Might be a tie though between it and one of his single bevels.

I’m not a efoc nut. But, I like stout broadheads. And will sacrifice longer range accuracy for shorter shots that I can take at any angle I’m given.

01-Jul-22
G5 Strikers for me...Deadly!

01-Jul-22
“ Cavemen used to shoot sharpened rocks. It's all about placement.”

They also shot those sharpened rocks at speeds under 200 FPS and had the luxury of an abundance of opportunities. With limited tags, limited days, limited opportunities and the ability to buy broadheads there’s no way this caveman is shooting a sharp rock. Not only will I not use a rock but I will not use anything of that quality. I want a broadhead that’s built sturdy, that’s sharp and allows my “placement” to be as consistent as possible under a wide range of conditions and scenarios. Until I perfect my form under all conditions the broadhead that gives me the most consistent “placement” is a Sevr 1.5”. Shoot what you’re confident in and I have no doubt your placement will be far better than that of a caveman.

08-Jul-22
Woodsman and zwickies.

08-Jul-22
Bishop Holy Trinity

08-Jul-22
Bishop or cutthroat both made from L4140 tool steel

09-Jul-22
exodus

09-Jul-22
Zwickey Delta 2 or 4 blade depending on the quarry

11-Jul-22
Muzzy 4 bladed