fuzzy 01-Jul-22
PECO2 01-Jul-22
Shaft2Long 03-Jul-22
IdyllwildArcher 04-Jul-22
Rut Nut 05-Jul-22
ahunter76 05-Jul-22
scentman 05-Jul-22
27-Jun-22
took the wife to a local discount store at a mall, as I was parked waiting, some punk gets out of his vehicle starts walking to my truck with a large plastic gun in his hand making eye contact the whole time... im thinking wtf, I open my door,he beds over and pretends to pic up a nerf ball that was in his hand the whole time.

He blatantly tried to intimidate me in that lot... I asked him what gun are you carrying? He turned and said " just a nerf pistol" What would you do in that situation?

27-Jun-22
I’d immediately start a thread about it on Bowsite. Haha.

Matt

27-Jun-22
Notify the police right away and take down all identifying info.

27-Jun-22
matt, how do you feel having people walk all over you?

Hahaha.

27-Jun-22
It is a plastic nerf gun, I wouldn't get intimidate until he broke out the nerf football. Possible a plastic water pistol, I am so sweet that could make me melt.

27-Jun-22
That crap has been going on a while my daughter lives in Greenville Ms and young punks are buying Walmart orange guns paint guns I think and coming up on people and shooting at they look like a real gun somebody is going to get shot Lewis

27-Jun-22
Actually, scentman, I probably would have laughed at the idiot, and showed him what a real gun looks like.

Matt

27-Jun-22
That was my point Lewis, that loser is asking for trouble... sad thing is he looked to be 35 yrs old. John Mc, step away from the beer fridge dude... nite, nite.

27-Jun-22
Matt, pm sent

27-Jun-22
Dano, NYS... just can't do that for a nerf gun... he wanted a confrontation, I disappointed his sorry meth ass.

27-Jun-22
In all seriousness how can anyone find a nerf gun intimidating (maybe being from NY where any gun is scary)? I'd be more intimidated by someone with nothing in their hands walking up to me than a nerf gun. I think most people would find a nerf toy no more scary than a Barbie doll????

27-Jun-22
John your missing the point... could be a trial run, I don't know... Ive had a pistol pointed directly at my face, pretty unnerving.

27-Jun-22
Being from NY , I'd probably have called the cops and reported it. But nothing would have been done IMO.

27-Jun-22
LOL a trial run. Lets do a trial run with a nerf gun I have heard a lot of criminals are doing that these days. I guess folks from NY are just cut from a different cloth. In all fairness there things that scare me but not NYers, like AOC and Chuck Schumer.

27-Jun-22
This is just a guess. It wasn’t the gun that intimidated him. It was the reality that the guy knew that he wasn’t fooling anyone with a fake gun. yet still acted the way he did.

27-Jun-22
I would not have gotten out of the vehicle. My 9mm is mounted on my door wing near my left calf and readily available for anyone that approaches in a threatening manner. They won’t even see it pointed at them.

27-Jun-22
someone asks a legitimate question and gets no help.

to me it would depend on the model. the Elite 2.0 Eaglepoint is one thing, but if it was the Titan CS 50 that is a different situation calling for a different reaction. That bad boy retails for 319.00 on amazon and any wack-job can get one without a background check which is crazy for a semi-auto dart gun. Do you know off hand which model he was toting?

one thing is for sure the N-Strike Elite Disruptor is worthless at over 4 yards.

27-Jun-22
Bou, you crack me up...that is hilarious!

27-Jun-22
Mark this date. That's one of Shawn's posts I actually agree with. A meth-head with a nerf gun would be good entertainment in my neck of the woods.

Matt

27-Jun-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I don’t what y’all think of when you think Nerf gun. But these are the only nerf type “guns” I have ever seen. Not something that creates much fear to me. Quick google image search. I’d be more scared of someone with a cup of coffee. I would be less scared of a guy with Nerf gun than one with nothing. Never in million years would someone with one of those ever make me think of going for my concealed carry weapon.

27-Jun-22
"..... I probably would have laughed at the idiot, and showed him what a real gun looks like."

^^^ THIS!!!

27-Jun-22
Idk, you guys joke, but it is really unnerving. What if he modified it to conceal a real gun. This world is getting bad in a hurry. Seriously, think about it, what of this was you?

27-Jun-22
I can imagine someone adopting a Crocodile Dundee persona

Asking "You think that's a gun?" as he reaches to his side and laughingly says "Now this is a gun" while he points his personal 9mm, 40 cal or something else at the dipstick's head.

27-Jun-22
The guy was testing you to see if you would provide the court system the opportunity to give him - or his next of kin - your house.

27-Jun-22
Should have thrown him a fake wallet.

27-Jun-22
It wasn't a nerfgun, it was a big plastic pistol with a lock behind the trigger... hey thanks everybody for your jokes and snide remarks... bou first time you replied to my topic and you didn't fail.

27-Jun-22
Ha ha you edited your original story!

28-Jun-22
I would have done something similar to what cnelk suggests. Pull my pistol and have it pointed in the direction of the perp but keep it low and out of sight. Then warn said perp that if he comes any closer it will be perceived as a threat ..............ONLY show the pistol as a last resort.

In this day and age you don’t want to have to explain to the police (or a judge) why you pulled your pistol on someone holding a toy...................unless there was no other option!

28-Jun-22
I would simply move on.

28-Jun-22
Take any of those toy guns pictured above and spray paint it black... what you now have is something that will get you killed.

28-Jun-22
I honestly don't know what I would've done. People behaving that way are looking for trouble, probably best not to engage them unless necessary.

I do a lot of walking for my health in my small town. I have noticed lately that more and more people are displaying offensive/aggressive behavior. I feel kind of silly doing it, but I've started carrying.

28-Jun-22
When out and about, a gun left at home is as useless as a gun locked in the cabinet when at home. In either scenario, you’re defenseless.

28-Jun-22
I remember when we were kids, and there were these sketchy gypsies knocking on peoples doors. Word quickly spread that they were up to no good.

They just happened to knock at my door , and my brother answered. We had a small window that you can open in the door to see who was there. He said : ohh , wait , I have to get the key. He went and grabbed a gun and opened that little door again and pointed the gun at them. They never returned

28-Jun-22
"Take any of those toy guns pictured above and spray paint it black... what you now have is something that will get you killed."

And if you put balls on your aunt.... Wait, I think that is a different thread.

Cops have the benefit of qualified immunity and many civilians have been fined, had to serve jail time. or lost their guns for brandishing a weapon.

Probably better for the OP to have been in the store with his wife rather than hanging out in a parking lot.

29-Jun-22

Orion's embedded Photo
Orion's embedded Photo
This nerf gun is pretty deadly.

30-Jun-22
The punks I earlier posted about are painting these guns black they look way too real just saying stay safe out there Lewis

30-Jun-22
I'm pretty confident I know what I'd do. I won't post it on the internet though

30-Jun-22
why did you have a gun pointed a your face? Any charges for admitted crime?

30-Jun-22
In 1977 I worked with a real joker, real ahole... we always were pulling jokes on eachother. One day he says my brother can't pick me up, drive me home I'll have a cold beer for you.... we get to upper apt he goes in his bedroom comes out with a snubnose points it in my face. He says this is for always mocking me ahole! I honestly was frozen, he gets out of his stance and starts laughing... Eric you should have seen the look on your face. He opened the revolver to reveal the gun empty... lets just say we had an intense discussion.

30-Jun-22
I was proud of myself though... I didn't chit myself.. and his brother couldn't drive him home, he was taking a test to become a Buffalo police officer. Things were alot different back then. ;0)

01-Jul-22
Dano thank you for your service

01-Jul-22
Not sure what I would have done if I thought it was a real gun. If it was fake, I'd laugh and ask myself what is that crackhead doing. Then I'd check the perimeter. He could be working with someone else.

03-Jul-22
Shoot him

04-Jul-22
People on meth do stupid things. You'll see them walking down the street gesturing towards the sky like they're arguing with God. Their brains are fried.

05-Jul-22
It was 85* on friday and I had to go thru NY(hudson valley) to get to Vt. On a street corner (in NY) I passed a dude that had headphones and sunglasses on and was either doing the latest Instagram Challenge or was high as a kite! Making all kinds of gyrations and pointing to the sky............................................right on the shoulder of the road.

05-Jul-22
I doubt I would be intimidated by a Nerf Gun (I know zero about them) BUT someone's eye contact & posture CAN make a big difference in any situation. I would have defiantly gathered as much information I could see about them. I mean, a group of 3-5 kid's, even young teens can be intimidating depending on their actions around other's. I have been in sights & fired at & yes, I have been one to return fire. It does change your views on things down the road. I pity the poor bastard if I am ever attacked. So many ways to die. In todays world I try to be aware no matter where we are. I've told my kids & G-kids if we are ever in a threatening situation to stay as calm as possible. Then I said, first chance I get I will kill the threat. I am very old & have nothing to loose in protecting my family. Taser, zapper, pistol, shotgun, Broadhead or barehand. I will choose the way you will meet your maker

05-Jul-22
In my op I stated he said it was a nerf gun... I got a good look at a large yellow see thru plastic pistol carried close at his side. I believe it was a paintball gun... having played paintball and getting hit at close range they tend to sting and leave welts... just didn't want to get splatted in face so I made my move and he definitely changed his posture. When the zombies are talking and pointing up it is usually " bath salts"... dealt with a lot of those as a security guard... one was a security guard;0)

• Sitka Gear