DanaC 12-Jul-22
Rut Nut 12-Jul-22
DanaC 13-Jul-22
Ursus Hunter 13-Jul-22
Rut Nut 13-Jul-22
WV Mountaineer 15-Jul-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 15-Jul-22
03-Jul-22
Correct me if I am wrong. Is it Bison 4 Or 5, Humans 0???????

03-Jul-22
Vegas isn't even giving odds on Team Human...

03-Jul-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
The bison have started to keep score

03-Jul-22
Another Darwin Award finalist for 2022…

03-Jul-22
It’s really not funny................more sad if you ask me........................ : (

2nd one in a week, 3rd in a month.

03-Jul-22
I’m with you Perry. The level of stupidity on this planet is second to none. And I’m afraid it’s only getting worse. I can tell mainly by in large from some of the arguments that happen here on a daily basis haha

03-Jul-22
Years ago had the kids in Yellowstone, stopped to look at a bull moose that was completely surrounded by tourists. Walked up to the forest service person and said people are not real smart. She says nope just waiting to call the ambulance they won't listen! LOL

03-Jul-22
You can’t fix STUPID! : (

03-Jul-22
Thanks guys, I thought that I was going crazy reading all of this stupid crap.

04-Jul-22
Looks just like a buffalo.

04-Jul-22

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

04-Jul-22
People are the same way at Great Smokey Mountain National Park. They see a bear and it is stupid person after stupid person piled up trying to get a picture. Teddy Roosevelt did not intend this when he set these lands aside.

04-Jul-22
Animals in NPs are far from wild. They are so habituated to people, they act like it's a petting zoo. So how do you expect visitors to act?

04-Jul-22
Wild animals flee. Half-tame ones stomp.

05-Jul-22
Yep- usually it's the habituated animals that you have to be more wary of..................

05-Jul-22
"So how do you expect visitors to act?"

Like they have half a brain and just a lick of common sense.

05-Jul-22
July is the peak Bison breeding season. Bulls get aggressive then. Cows with calves are always a risk. Add in some Instagram ers and there you go.

05-Jul-22
The other day, just west of Burgess Junction in the Bighorns, There was a nitwit with a handful of sagebrush holding it out for a cow moose that was just on the other side of the fence about 12-15 yds. His wife was taking pics. Good way to make some money on Americas stupidest videos. .....Mike

05-Jul-22
there's video of people reaching through cages and jumping fences at zoos. i'm not surprised and expect it to continue. there's no escaping the stupid unfortunately.

i could not be a park ranger in a NP. i am sure they have some stories.

05-Jul-22
When I lived in Bozeman years ago, there were bears everywhere. Then tourists started getting hurt when they tried to pet the bears, place their children on the bears for pictures, feed the bears... You get the picture. Well, they removed the bears. If a bear came back, they would remove it again. If it came back a third time, they would kill the bear. The bears are back now, but stupid still exists. I've also seen tourist's cars block a mother moose from her calf. When she went over a car, she dented the roof right down to the top of the seats.

05-Jul-22
Well we can probably thank Walt Disney for some of this. Kids grew up thinking Bambi's dad stuck around and paid child support, and lions sing and dance with gazelles. We have dehumanized humans and humanized animals for years now, and it is no wonder some of these people think that a bison is no different than their labradoodle that lost its animal drive (and brains) through man's hybridization. Sad that someone died, but there's one bright side to this. They stand no chance spawning their DNA and further dumbing down the planet. I do have to ask, did they then kill the buffaloes to make someone feel better about the initial stupid act?

05-Jul-22
Pete-pec has it correct. TV, including Disney and the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, have humanized animals to the extent that a lot of people just expect animals to be cute and cuddly. Just more of the disconnect as the rural populations decline and the urbanization continues.

05-Jul-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I wish Biden, Harris & all the protestors at the Supreme Court Justices residents would take a bus trip together for a "pet the Buffalo" week. Please, please let it happen. I was a different kind of observer.

06-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

06-Jul-22
DanaC that's both funny and sad. Mostly funny. MY "toxic trait" is that I genuinely believe that I could eat a lion if I gotca chance to kill one, and that I don't blame the lion for feeling the same about me.

06-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

06-Jul-22
I have a cousin that lives out there and had taken thousands of pictures of the animals. She knows all the big bears by number and name. She is a great photographer and has top equipment and telephoto lenses. She said tourist insist on getting too close to the animals.

06-Jul-22
"She said tourist insist on getting too close to the animals."

Well, duh. You have to get close to get a selfie with a phone camera.

06-Jul-22
So next they are going to blame the phone camera.

06-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

06-Jul-22

Lawdog's Link
Since we're sharing selfie links.... Fortunately for the woman, the bear appears to be quite young.

11-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

11-Jul-22
The sad part is...................some people will believe that Dana!

11-Jul-22
Perry, I'm reminded of a line from an old book - "Think of it as evolution in action."

11-Jul-22
This is not a bad thing. The human species is stronger every time one of these idiots gets trampled. Zero sympathy here.

11-Jul-22
Dana would that be evolution or adaptation?

11-Jul-22
Well, the animal shows and media tell everyone that animals love us and if we do not harm them, they will return the favor. The more they pump that out, the more people believe it!!! Just like everything else, the media creates idiots.

11-Jul-22
Humans exceed their capacity for stupidity on a regular basis. It boggles the mind. How else would one explain the election of Slow Joe to the highest office in the land ?

11-Jul-22
Sorry drycreek, but slow Joe wasn't elected to office and we all know it......

11-Jul-22
I wonder how many lives would be saved by banning cell phone cameras....

11-Jul-22
I have been in Yellowstone the past 3 days. The level of stupidity of Tourists is amazing. Rangers & volunteers are doing their best to keep them separate from the animals but some people just do not get the concept of distance. Have not seen a Goring/mauling yet, but hey I got 2 more days LOL

11-Jul-22
Natural selection in its truest form!

11-Jul-22
Hunter you do have 2 more days good luck and get pictures lol

12-Jul-22
I like seeing and photographing animals myself, but sometimes I'm more comfortable with a brush cutter running 4000 rpm than being out there in 'stealth mode'. Too many bears around nowadays.

12-Jul-22
Yes..........................post up some video Bob! ;-)

13-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Hold my beer...

13-Jul-22
Watched a Bison walking down trail yesterday. Guy steps out into trail 30-40 yards away. Starts filming. Bull keeps coming within 20 yards. His buddy yelled & guy moved out of way w/less than 10-12 yards. What a dumazz. If the other guy did not yell I would have had a great utube video!

13-Jul-22
I wonder when they’re gonna start bison rides....................

15-Jul-22

15-Jul-22
Rut Nut, the bison rides already started. No one’s made the 8 second mark yet tho.

• Sitka Gear