Coondog 05-Jul-22
groundhunter50 05-Jul-22
goyt 05-Jul-22
Smtn10PT 06-Jul-22
Coondog 06-Jul-22
Jethro 06-Jul-22
04-Jul-22
Good morning,

Checking to see if you guys had any suggestions for a rangefinder?

04-Jul-22
If I was in the market, I'd be looking real hard at the Leupold Fulldraw. You can get last year's model, the Fulldraw 4, for $350 right now.

04-Jul-22
I was looking for a simple, reliable rangefinder recently. After a fair amount of research I found the Tidewe rangefinders. Inexpensive and pretty good reviews for just a simple unit. I've only had it a few weeks now but it seems perfect for my needs. Time will tell, but it is well made, easy to use, accurate, etc. All the reviews I've read have been favorable.

04-Jul-22
Last year I upgraded from a Nikon to a Sig Sauer. Much improvement

04-Jul-22
Sig Sauer.

04-Jul-22
What sig saur for archery?

04-Jul-22
I have the Sig Sauer 2000. Because I just don’t hunt archery

04-Jul-22
So there's a better way than my multiple arrows method? I should pay attention to BS more I guess. The archery shop I use said they liked my method... Happy Fourth to all you BS ers anyway!

04-Jul-22
I got the Leupold full draw 4 and really like it. I also have a Vortex that I used hunting with no issues, it's simple and easy to use.

04-Jul-22
For years I used a Nikon one. I wanted to upgrade to a Leupold one but couldn’t find one in my area. Bought a vortex one and have been pleased with it.

04-Jul-22
Sig bar none

04-Jul-22
How many of the previously mentioned models use a red display versus a black display? I am looking for a new rangefinder as well.....but I want a red display.

04-Jul-22
I have been very happy with my Vortex.

04-Jul-22

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

04-Jul-22
I’ve been very pleased with my Leica Rangemaster. Its optics were noticeably sharper than all the models I looked thru when I bought it several years ago.

Matt

04-Jul-22
Jake the vortex unit uses a red display as well.

04-Jul-22
I have had a few and sold a few,,, like the Sig Sauer, like the red light, I can see it easily

04-Jul-22
Sig is orange

04-Jul-22
Replaced my Nikon with a Sig Saurer five years ago...no regrets!

04-Jul-22
Sig buck master 1500 has red display. Under 150 bucks. I have not hunted with it yet, but it seems quick and accurate with the adjustable red display I like it.

04-Jul-22
Why carry both binos plus a rangefinder? I've been super impressed and happy since I switch over to a Leica bino-rangefinder combo. It sure is nice not having to switch back and forth between both. Also a lot nicer not having both wrapped around my neck! I may have missed out on shooting a couple critters over the years with the time it takes going back and forth.

04-Jul-22
Sig for me too, with a Nikon backup. But after shooting instinctive for about 55 years, I only use a rangefinder to range shooting lanes on ground ambushes. And for my wife's rifle hunts.

05-Jul-22
Sig for me too…

05-Jul-22
Just purchased a bushnell 1700 and am waiting to receive it. A few people recommend it to me along with the Sig.

05-Jul-22
I like my leopold rx, I had a vortex before the leopold, hated it, it was so slow, but that was around 6 years ago or so, they might be better now? My really old bushnell was much better than the vortex

05-Jul-22
Leica geovid binos & rangefinder all in one. A ton of money but well worth it. They will be the last you will buy...

05-Jul-22
Leica geovid binos & rangefinder all in one. A ton of money but well worth it. They will be the last you will buy...

05-Jul-22
I got the Leopold RX-1400. It has everything you’re asking about. Plus it has ballistics for rifle you can manually enter. Line of sight and Bow mode too. And you can change the brightness of the orange/red display. It’s pretty sweet. Easy and quick.

05-Jul-22
I switched from Full Draw to Sig just to upgrade to red reticle. I like the Sig a lot. Got the Kilo1800BDX cause it was on sale. Handles bow shots to further than I can accurately shoot a rifle.

05-Jul-22
Leica for me...

05-Jul-22
Leupold Full Draw. No need for a cut chart.

05-Jul-22
No Boubound, I may live in another world but mine is red, bright red

05-Jul-22
i have a Leica that is way over 10 years old. I had it fall out of my truck on a gravel parking lot and someone drove over it scratching the housing up. Still works. Then I dropped it on its edge on concrete and the internals slide forward so that the buttons jammed. I rapped it sharply to get everything back in position and it is still as sharp, clear and accurate as the day I bought it. I am hoping that it will outlive me, and it just might.

06-Jul-22
am I the only one that has had issues with a Sig? Mine will occasionally read about 9 yards long once you get past 40 yards.

06-Jul-22
Jethro, the Full Draw is a red display.

06-Jul-22
Coondog, not one that was purchased in 2012.

• Sitka Gear