WV Mountaineer 15-Jul-22
07-Jul-22

SteveB's Link
The colt here could be in trouble?

07-Jul-22
That bear is really moving!

07-Jul-22
Cool griz vid...they move quick.

This vid popped right after the griz vid. Good stuff here too.

07-Jul-22
Yeah...grizzly are FAST and have endurance. We can only hope that particular griz decides horseflesh is a favorite and reduces the number of those feral beasts...

07-Jul-22
Maybe he just identifies as a horse? ;-)

07-Jul-22
Not that grizzly's first day at this, you can bet...

07-Jul-22
Those are good looking wild horses!!!!!!!!! Better then any I’ve ever seen! Regardless, grizzly bears don’t care I reckon.

07-Jul-22
Wow

07-Jul-22
the size and speed is amazing.

07-Jul-22
Amazing. I think we should revisit the threads regarding sidearms in grizzly country after seeing that first part of the video with the bear coming towards the camera. Wow

07-Jul-22
Bear should be killed

08-Jul-22
Why? A native species is taking on an invasive.

08-Jul-22
Protectionism of non-native feral horses on public lands has impacted its ability to support native game species like deer, elk, and antelope. They also impact a multitude of other species that are considered threatened like the Sage grouse. They are a blight on our federal lands - the Wild Horse and Burro Act is idiotic.

Not sure we need more grizzlies to get rid of more feral horses. Just need to end the idiotic protectionism and start eliminating them. Salvage the meat and sell it or make dog food.

If it was legal, I would donate my time and bullets to help ensure that every last one of them was permanently removed from our public lands. If you value western wildlife, you would do the same.

08-Jul-22
Dang..amazing how fast they can move

08-Jul-22
The group that runs the trails cams doesn't take kindly to calling the feral horses invasive. According to them we are "way past that".

08-Jul-22
I am sure that I would greatly offend them with my views, Glunt…

08-Jul-22
Killing a few wild horses might be good.

08-Jul-22
Are these truly wild horses?

08-Jul-22
well said Treeline .. the money spent on not so wild horses by our government is crazy

08-Jul-22
They are feral. Not native. Some are descendants of the horses brought originally by the Spanish, some descended from farm and ranch horses that were turned loose, and some are far more recent additions from suburban idiots that get a horse and turn it out so it can “be free”.

They may be running wild, but they do not belong. There are tens of thousands of the damn things on public lands across the west. In terms of carrying capacity on the land, one horse is equivalent to probably two elk or four deer and antelope.

Hell of a lot more value in the native species than those damn feral horses!

08-Jul-22
The comments show how out of touch people are: "These trail cameras are part of a large network of cameras collecting video data on the plight and mortality of Alberta's Wild Horses, from both natural causes and large predators. " Ah, isn't dying from large predators "natural"?

08-Jul-22
Well…..it’s Canada.

08-Jul-22
Wild horses at a salt lick? Some one put it there and it wasn't for the bear.

08-Jul-22
Yeah. My thoughts. Great place for a camera to film wild creatures. But, in the middle of summer, after becoming accustomed to salt, those horses might not let you touch them. But, they ain’t wild.

08-Jul-22

Zbone's Link
How bout this guy walking through the yard to reach horses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZU0Co8NbkE

08-Jul-22
I just posted it because I thought it was impressive to see the griz staying right in them - it isn’t his first “rodeo” going after a colt. I suppose that little guy was dinner not long after that film.

08-Jul-22
I'd be thinking that particular bear would be a problem for nearby horse owners. If it has a taste for wild horses, domestic ones would be easy pickings??

08-Jul-22
Did the bear catch one of the horses?

09-Jul-22
Yeah, be interesting to know the outcome of that chase...

09-Jul-22

Corax_latrans's Link
A guy could get really lost surfing through these!

09-Jul-22
Wow Corax_latrans, that looks like infanticide a male griz killing a cub...

09-Jul-22

Corax_latrans's Link
Dupe

10-Jul-22
“Wow Corax_latrans, that looks like infanticide a male griz killing a cub...“

That’s what it is.

That’s what they do.

That’s why you don’t piss off the Mama bear.

10-Jul-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Regarding NV feral horses the last paragraph is shocking.

10-Jul-22
Well....to thin the herd, maybe one day we will see a P&Y/B&C category for free range, wild horses. Or....market and sell the hunts to folks over in France (I think it is?) who eat horses.

10-Jul-22
And people who “love“ these animals in the abstract would rather see them starve out than have their numbers controlled.

After WWII, my dad crewed on a ship that took hundreds of mustangs over to France, to replace the horses killed in the War. Most of them not killed in battle were just eaten. Surely there is someplace left in the world with a Horse Shortage…. I know our Elite forces have been using them in warfare to this day. Maybe it’s time Uncle Sam started back into the Cavalry business?

15-Jul-22
Ttt

15-Jul-22

• Sitka Gear